ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn't this have the feel of every major upset Iowa has pulled under KF?

Not at all. Those teams all showed a pulse. While the D is good, the offense is so bad that it would take a miraculous turnaround on offense to even be competitive. I suppose there's a remote chance that they suddenly "click" or that tOSU plays like dog meat, but I haven't seen even a glimmer of anything that would make me think Iowa has a chance. I'll be surprised if Iowa scores more than 6 on offense. I fully expect tOSU to hang more than 24 on Iowa.

I'm going to sit back, put my feet up, enjoy some beers and watch the carnage. Feels like 70's Iowa football to me, where you go into every game confident in an ugly loss.

Reactions: DewHawk
OSU has the Heisman trophy favorite throwing to three all american wide receivers with a running game averaging around 8 yards a carry. Might end up being one of the top offenses the Big Ten has had this century so far. Blaming Iowa’s defense for anything Saturday, even if they give up 50 plus, just isn’t rational to me.

Not so sure about that. I'm thinking 35-14 or 35-17 and that score is misleading as OSU will need a late score to put it away. I've said multiple times during the season that Iowa will be OSU's biggest test.

The reason is that OSU's bread and butter is long, explosive plays and I read that Iowa has not given up a play over 40 yards all year. Could someone confirm that ? Not sure how true that is
Iowa hasn’t played an offense that can test it’s secondary like OSU will. Michigan has a good QB and fantastic receivers, but they don’t have the same downfield passing scheme as OSU. They hypnotize you and pull you up to the LOS or flowing one direction then take advantage of coverage mistakes over the top. OSU is going to stress the safeties every play. I just don’t know how we’re going to respond to that. I like our defensive backs a lot, but they’re going to be put in some sticky situations.

Every Iowa upset under KF had one thing in common; a quarterback who could make plays. Stanley’s arm, Beathard’s mobility and arm, Stanzi’s moxie and talent…we don’t have that. If we had a strong OL, then there’s a chance. But we don’t.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Massive skill gap between former teams. Not seeing it. Unless we figure out how to run 100% of the time for 5 yards a carry.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Iowa will have to play six of the top twelve defenses in the country if the defensive stats hold. And that does not include Wisconsin. Thank goodness for Northwestern and Nebraska!

Reactions: 2housebuck
Iowa hasn’t played an offense that can test it’s secondary like OSU will. Michigan has a good QB and fantastic receivers, but they don’t have the same downfield passing scheme as OSU. They hypnotize you and pull you up to the LOS or flowing one direction then take advantage of coverage mistakes over the top. OSU is going to stress the safeties every play. I just don’t know how we’re going to respond to that. I like our defensive backs a lot, but they’re going to be put in some sticky situations.

Every Iowa upset under KF had one thing in common; a quarterback who could make plays. Stanley’s arm, Beathard’s mobility and arm, Stanzi’s moxie and talent…we don’t have that. If we had a strong OL, then there’s a chance. But we don’t.
Phil does a great job obviously, but I don’t expect our very lightly recruited secondary to have a chance against these guys (nor our d-line vs their running game).

Phil does a great job obviously, but I don’t expect our very lightly recruited secondary to have a chance against these guys (nor our d-line vs their running game).
That’s where I’m leaning too, unfortunately.

Saturday will be a display of the glaring difference in talent on the field. OSU could play their absolute worst game of the season, we could play our absolute best, and they will still destroy us. The Ferentz goons deserve every minute of the embarrassment they are going to receive.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Lol this is the best team that Iowa has faced in over a decade. We are not going to come close to winning. I love the Hawks but I slammed the over.

7-8 wins is certainly possible. Minnesota has been bit by the injury bug on offense, Purdue has shown weaknesses, Wisconsin isn’t as good as years past, Nebraska and NW aren’t very good. Why not 7-8 wins?
Well, regardless of how good your defense is, unless they're scoring (it happens, but you can't count on it), the offense needs to put up some points to win. Iowa has the. worst. offense. in. the. country. I'm not confident we can score more than 10 points vs any team we play going forward. 10 pts doesn't win many games and that's a good outing for our offense this year.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I don’t get that feeling at all.. not one little bit. And I’ve seen nothing from Iowa’s offense especially at QB, O-line or WR to give me even a slight little bitty bitty bit of that feeling.. I see us hopefully beating Wisconsin the rest of the way..

Last edited:
Reactions: not_mantiteo
Not at all. Those teams all showed a pulse. While the D is good, the offense is so bad that it would take a miraculous turnaround on offense to even be competitive. I suppose there's a remote chance that they suddenly "click" or that tOSU plays like dog meat, but I haven't seen even a glimmer of anything that would make me think Iowa has a chance. I'll be surprised if Iowa scores more than 6 on offense. I fully expect tOSU to hang more than 24 on Iowa.

I'm going to sit back, put my feet up, enjoy some beers and watch the carnage. Feels like 70's Iowa football to me, where you go into every game confident in an ugly loss.
I would agree.

Physically Iowa has usually been able to stand toe to toe with most everyone, even in mediocre seasons. I don't see how the Iowa OL will hold up against what OSU will run out there.

Even in the 55-24 game where OSU turned it over 4-5 times, they still scored 24 points. Buckeyes probably get 35-40 on Saturday. No way I see Iowa getting 10.

As a fan, I have not given up all hope for a good showing and an upset.

There is no glory in cynicism.
I’m a fan. But also grounded in reality. Zero chance of an upset. I have a better chance of having sex with Shakira on the surface of the sun than we have if beating OSU Saturday. 49-6 OSU. As usual, we have more punts than points.

Ohio State could only score 21 points on a mediocre Notre Dame team that lost to Marshall

No!!! This has the feel that Iowa is going to get the piss pounded out of them. If Iowa offense scores 3 points at most the defense might get a score or two because Bucky can get turnover happy.

CaringMelodicHerald-size_restricted.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT