ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn't this have the feel of every major upset Iowa has pulled under KF?

Granted I don't recall any of these major upsets happening on the road, but when it feels like the team is about to hit rock bottom, Kirk seems to find a way to pull the best performance of the year out of his players. I think back to the 2016 michigan win, the team had just been destroyed on the road at Penn State, and things looked bad... the offense didn't do anything that night, we got a safety and a few crazy breaks, and we threw for about 70 yards and won.

If ever there was a time for iowa to shock the world, this would be it.
I generally have respect for your posts, but this one takes on a whole new level. Even the thought on your brain for a few minutes makes me think WTF.

Your post here tells me you're currently living in a state of denial; like major denial. I'm guessing you still expect us to win at least 8 or 9 games this year too, right?

I generally have respect for your posts, but this one takes on a whole new level. Even the thought on your brain for a few minutes makes me think WTF.

Your post here tells me you're currently living in a state of denial; like major denial. I'm guessing you still expect us to win at least 8 or 9 games this year too, right?
I’m not in Iowa and from a far I see this team closer to 5-1 than others do. I just have faith in Phil Parker to keep the game respectable. I don’t think Iowa has much of a chance to win, but there’s upsets every year, every week.

Reactions: mccalley
I’m not in Iowa and from a far I see this team closer to 5-1 than others do. I just have faith in Phil Parker to keep the game respectable. I don’t think Iowa has much of a chance to win, but there’s upsets every year, every week.
Curious, what do you predict for Iowa's final record this year?

If you have this belief we are really close to being 5-1 this year, assuming you believe we will win at least 8?

People who act like their predictions are God's gift, as a fan or paid writer, won't consider this as a serious possibility.

How many actually predicted the Michigan game 14-13 game coming or Ohio State in 2017. I don't mean cheating around "it could happen" bs. I mean actually put that prediction in writing. For the Ohio State game at least, I would imagine the answer would be zero. None. And yet we still act like their predictions mean something.

It's not just about being mostly incapable of creative thinking. It's that nobody has the access to either team to see that. If someone who actually knows football is at the practices now, and Ohio States practices, that is a prediction I would take seriously. So for me it's blah blah blah it's basketball season. Just enjoy the possibility that our defense could give Ohio State fits at least.
You seem uptight. I think most folks here are just posting their opinion....gut feel...best guess....wishful thinking, etc. I don't get the sense that posters are claiming to be the 2nd coming of Nostradamus with their "predictions". Lighten up, Steve.

I really do not think proximity has anything to do with seeing the miserable Iowa offense/coaching.

Not this time. We just don't have the horses on offense.
unfortunately this is what i see. just 1-2 playmakers and we could be in business with a sliver of a chance. extend a couple drives, throw them off their gameplan a bit, play classic kf ball. can't do that with zero spark on o.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
OSU call off dogs……LOL.

calls off the dogs ( ie takes Stroud and several starters out).

If you think Stroud plays the full game in this one, you’re crazier than the OP.

You don’t think OSU called off the dogs vs Rutgers? Even with the fake punt, they still didn’t “pylon” them. Intentional WOB

Curious, what do you predict for Iowa's final record this year?

If you have this belief we are really close to being 5-1 this year, assuming you believe we will win at least 8?
7-8 wins is certainly possible. Minnesota has been bit by the injury bug on offense, Purdue has shown weaknesses, Wisconsin isn’t as good as years past, Nebraska and NW aren’t very good. Why not 7-8 wins?

7-8 wins is certainly possible. Minnesota has been bit by the injury bug on offense, Purdue has shown weaknesses, Wisconsin isn’t as good as years past, Nebraska and NW aren’t very good. Why not 7-8 wins?
Great, I look forward then to the 4-2 or 5-1 finish to the season. 🤔

Reactions: NI hawk
People who act like their predictions are God's gift, as a fan or paid writer, won't consider this as a serious possibility.

How many actually predicted the Michigan game 14-13 game coming or Ohio State in 2017. I don't mean cheating around "it could happen" bs. I mean actually put that prediction in writing. For the Ohio State game at least, I would imagine the answer would be zero. None. And yet we still act like their predictions mean something.

It's not just about being mostly incapable of creative thinking. It's that nobody has the access to either team to see that. If someone who actually knows football is at the practices now, and Ohio States practices, that is a prediction I would take seriously. So for me it's blah blah blah it's basketball season. Just enjoy the possibility that our defense could give Ohio State fits at least.
I actually did predict the win over Michigan. I'm not claiming to be an expert ....it was just a lucky guess. I have plenty of wrong predictions to counter it!

I'd usually be optimistic about winning pretty much any game in previous years but not this one and not this year. The body of work this offense has shown is astronomically bad. Osu's defense is good to. Much better, imo, then any we've played this year. If this isn't an absolute blow out I'll be very surprised. I'm sure, however, that I've never had this bad of a feeling of hopelessness under ferentz. I have no hope for a win next week, zero! My only hope is it's held in check and we only lose by 21 or less. I'm fully expecting this game to be in the realm of 45-0. I've bet on it to confirm it. However since I bet on osu covering I may have ensured iowa covers. That's how my luck rolls.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Negative, we are going to get stomped. I'm thinking 35-3 / 42-10 type deal.
Not so sure about that. I'm thinking 35-14 or 35-17 and that score is misleading as OSU will need a late score to put it away. I've said multiple times during the season that Iowa will be OSU's biggest test.

The reason is that OSU's bread and butter is long, explosive plays and I read that Iowa has not given up a play over 40 yards all year. Could someone confirm that ? Not sure how true that is

This I my subjective take. Our defense’s best effort might hold them to 28 points. Our offense’s best effort might get us to 14. If we score twice defensively or on special teams we can tie. That’s with what I think are the best possible outcomes on both sides of the bball. OSU, unlike Michigan, can hit a home run out of the passing game at any time.
You just hit it. Both have punishing ground games and solid defenses but I'd take the Iowa defense over both of theirs.

I think that after this game is when we start to see the top prospects de-commit, and honestly I wouldn’t blame them.

Reactions: IAHUNTER
Upset?

it-is-gonna-be-a-bloodbath-gonna-be-a-massacre.gif

If you “feel it” you have almost a week to open an online betting account and put money on the money line for Iowa.

currently every $100 you wager will return you $2,600

Granted I don't recall any of these major upsets happening on the road, but when it feels like the team is about to hit rock bottom, Kirk seems to find a way to pull the best performance of the year out of his players. I think back to the 2016 michigan win, the team had just been destroyed on the road at Penn State, and things looked bad... the offense didn't do anything that night, we got a safety and a few crazy breaks, and we threw for about 70 yards and won.

Nope! At home less than 20% chance, on the road, not going to happen. My family is having a holiday get together, so won't be watching live. If we were 5-1 maybe I'd be watching on my phone but this time, family trumps the Hawks.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

I get your point, but nope, not seeing it this particular game, with this particular Iowa team. I don't see this team going into the shoe and stealing one. Gotta have some firepower to pull off a win like this. We don't have it. I won't be surprised if they get shut out, honestly.

I'm thinking something like 45-3. It may not be a total bloodbath in the first half, but our D won't be able to hold up all game long always being on the field, so it probably gets ugly eventually. Similar to the B10 title game last year.

Last edited:

We have an extremely bad offense with no passing or running game. Very difficult to get an upset of that magnitude.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
This has all the makings of being woodshed again. If you think petras who was scared to stay in the pocket against Illinois is going to do anything other than throw the ball as soon as possible whether anyone is open or not, or crouch to prepare for the sack coming, you are delusional. Hell, petras will probably sack himself by falling to the ground before contact.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
O
It will be a long night, but the game is an 11 a.m. start Iowa time, so it'll be a long day as well.

My guess: Ohio State 62, Iowa 3

I don't see the Buckeyes letting up on the Hawkeyes, and even when the reserves take over, they'll crunch Iowa.

BTW: In 1950, when 6-0 scores were common, Ohio State beat Iowa 83-21. If THE OSU wanted, they probably could duplicate that score.
No way we score 21

Iowa just cant score, can hardly get 1st downs. Its hard for me to see this game being competitive at all.
This. You can stay in the game against lesser teams, like Iowa State, Rutgers, etc. because our defense is so good and those teams are so offensively challenged. But when you play a team the caliber of Ohio State that's so explosive on offense you can't give them 14-15 possessions in a game and expect your defense to hold them under 28 pts on a great day by the defense. It's just not realistic. We haven't moved the ball all year so nothing would lead me to believe that all of a sudden we get explosive against the number 2 team in the country on the road. 35-7 would actually be reasonable at this point.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
You joking, right OP?

Other big upsets usually had one thing on common: a QB with NFL level talent.. Stanzi spent time on the league, CJ spent time in the league, Nate got a cup of coffee in the league;

Spencer, will be fortunate get a camp invite, KF will make sure he does. But he’s the #46th best QB in the draft per this link:

He's the best practice qb you guys will ever have, i promise!!

Not so sure about that. I'm thinking 35-14 or 35-17 and that score is misleading as OSU will need a late score to put it away. I've said multiple times during the season that Iowa will be OSU's biggest test.

The reason is that OSU's bread and butter is long, explosive plays and I read that Iowa has not given up a play over 40 yards all year. Could someone confirm that ? Not sure how true that is
Kiss of death post right here. Going on record now that tOSU will have multiple plays of over 40 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT