ADVERTISEMENT

DOJ not going to prosecute Darren Wilson

gusto79

HR Legend
Sep 11, 2002
The Justice Department announced Wednesday that it will not prosecute
former Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting
death of an unarmed black 18-year-old, while also releasing a report
faulting the city and its law enforcement for racial bias.

In the criminal investigation, federal officials concluded Wilson's
actions "do not constitute prosecutable violations under the applicable
federal criminal rights statute."

Specifically, the DOJ said there was "no evidence" to disprove Wilson's
testimony that he feared for his safety, nor was there reliable evidence
that Michael Brown had his hands up when he was shot.

Fox News

What a surprise.

Likewise, no surprise that the Holder DOJ gins up a ridiculous claim against the City of Ferguson, just to cover its arse for spending so much on a senseless investigation.

Of course the feds aren't. Darren Wilson did EXACTLY what he was suppose to do in that situation. If that thug wasn't shot, Darren Wilson would be dead. Plain and simple.

Was it really senseless though? Even if they knew Wilson was innocent, it may be reassuring to the black community in Ferguson that the DOJ investigated and didn't find anything. Might help squash some of the feelings that the prosecutor should have got an indictment.

Originally posted by gusto79:
Was it really senseless though? Even if they knew Wilson was innocent, it may be reassuring to the black community in Ferguson that the DOJ investigated and didn't find anything. Might help squash some of the feelings that the prosecutor should have got an indictment.
Right. This will only give the Ferguson barbarians ANOTHER reason to riot when it gets warm out.

It could have been if done correctly. I know a LEO who was standing less than 10 feet away from Eric Holder during his trip to St. Louis. After reviewing the evidence, Holder said out loud to the agents: "Looks like this was a good shoot".

Rather than come out and make that announcement to the public, coupled with a plea for calm, Holder let the riots happen, and continued to stir the pot. Then, to appease the very rioters and their supporters, he launched a meaningless investigation when he knew the outcome in advance. This was nothing but a subterfuge to allow his crew to gin up this phony claim of racial discrimination by the Ferguson police. His disparate impact statistics are laughable, and easily refuted. This is nothing but pure race bating politics.

Good idea. Let's spend millions of dollars on pointless investigations every time someone doesn't want to face the obvious facts. Do we really want them wasting time and money just because a bunch of people throw a temper tantrum like bratty children? The DOJ has grown-up things to worry about.

Originally posted by coffhawk:
It could have been if done correctly. I know a LEO who was standing less than 10 feet away from Eric Holder during his trip to St. Louis. After reviewing the evidence, Holder said out loud to the agents: "Looks like this was a good shoot".

Rather than come out and make that announcement to the public, coupled with a plea for calm, Holder let the riots happen, and continued to stir the pot. Then, to appease the very rioters and their supporters, he launched a meaningless investigation when he knew the outcome in advance. This was nothing but a subterfuge to allow his crew to gin up this phony claim of racial discrimination by the Ferguson police. His disparate impact statistics are laughable, and easily refuted. This is nothing but pure race bating politics.
I definately see your point but would that be common for the AG to come out publically stating somebody is innocent while there is an active investigation?

I definately see your point but would that be common for the AG to come out publically stating somebody is innocent while there is an active investigation?
Please...That is a "chicken and egg" question, isn't it? He called the investigation AFTER he knew that there was no basis for a charge against Wilson. That was abundantly clear from the initial investigation, and was known within days from the shooting. Holder certainly knew this well before the grand jury decision. Moreover, Holder is only able to investigate for civil rights violations, not state criminal charges. He knew almost immediately there was no basis for a civil rights charge. He is complicit in allowing the riots to take place.

Good. Officer Wilson was doing his job. Are there systemic issues with the Ferguson Police Department? Perhaps, based on a recent "investigation" (I'm not sure the depth of the investigation, hence the quotes). However, from all the available information I've read it appears to me that Officer Wilson was correct in using the level of force he did.

Did you forget what Obama has done several times before by proclaiming someone a victim prior to the outcome?

Originally posted by mstp1992:
Good. Officer Wilson was doing his job. Are there systemic issues with the Ferguson Police Department? Perhaps, based on a recent "investigation" (I'm not sure the depth of the investigation, hence the quotes). However, from all the available information I've read it appears to me that Officer Wilson was correct in using the level of force he did.
And, wouldn't it have been nice if Eric Holder had appeared alongside Bob McCullogh at the news conference when the grand jury result was announced? That could have prevented riots and millions in property damage. Holder chose to sit on the sidelines and let the riots go forward.

Keep in mind that this DOJ report completely exonerates Wilson.

And, wouldn't it have been nice if Eric Holder had appeared alongside Bob McCullogh at the news conference when the grand jury result was announced? That could have prevented riots and millions in property damage. Holder chose to sit on the sidelines and let the riots go forward.

See Justice is served.

But Fergie needs some reforms.

Originally posted by BubsFinn:

Good idea. Let's spend millions of dollars on pointless investigations every time someone doesn't want to face the obvious facts. Do we really want them wasting time and money just because a bunch of people throw a temper tantrum like bratty children? The DOJ has grown-up things to worry about.
You know, you righties just tee these up. How many Benghazi investigations have there been that have turned up absolutely nothing implicating the Obama administration? I think at last count there have been nine, with 33 separate hearings. Yet we need even more? Your description of "people throw a temper tantrum like bratty children" applies very well to the Republicans in the House.

Originally posted by theiacowtipper:

You know, you righties just tee these up. How many Benghazi investigations have there been that have turned up absolutely nothing implicating the Obama administration? I think at last count there have been nine, with 33 separate hearings. Yet we need even more? Your description of "people throw a temper tantrum like bratty children" applies very well to the Republicans in the House.
To answer your question: Zero.

Originally posted by wildcatdad:

See Justice is served.

Justice is served? Tell that to all those (mostly black) shopkeepers who have had their businesses and livelihoods destroyed by riots that Holder could have prevented had he come out with these findings earlier. So typical of a liberal...pretend to care about minorities and the working folks. Pure BS. You should be proud.

See Justice is served.

Justice is served? Tell that to all those (mostly black) shopkeepers who have had their businesses and livelihoods destroyed by riots that Holder could have prevented had he come out with these findings earlier. So typical of a liberal...pretend to care about minorities and the working folks. Pure BS. You should be proud.

I thought OP was talking about Wilson.

I find it comical that you would blame me personally for what went on in Fergie. It appears their are some long standing problems in that area that need to be addressed.

This post was edited on 3/4 4:48 PM by wildcatdad

LOL at simple minded coff thinking the riots would have magically been stopped simply by one news conference with Holder.

Originally posted by THE_DEVIL:
For being a racist this Holder dude is doing a crappy job of following thru with his overt racism. What is he now, 0-2?
Yes which is why he should stfu until the investigation is over and suggest his boss do the same.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by BABiscuit:

LOL at simple minded coff thinking the riots would have magically been stopped simply by one news conference with Holder.
We'll never know will we. Had Holder come out and said, "I've seen the evidence and this was a justified shooting. If you assault and charge a cop, you catch the dead.". Then put some pressure on Rev Al and Jesse to wait for a better opportunity to race bait, this would have all quieted down pretty quickly.

See Justice is served.

I thought OP was talking about Wilson.

I find it comical that you would blame me personally for what went on in Fergie. It appears their are some long standing problems in that area that need to be addressed.

This post was edited on 3/4 4:48 PM by wildcatdad
Stop saying "Fergie".

If blacks commit more crimes....Is it due to racism and cops targeting blacks......or is it actually that sunset committing more crimes?

Does anyone doubt that all Berries wanted was to appease the fam?

We completely and fundamentally disagree with that statement

Signed,

Darryl Issa
Trey Gowdy

ADVERTISEMENT