ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t Be Fooled. It’s All About Women and Sex.

Is pulling out still okay? Asking for a friend
When Onan had sex with Tamar, he withdrew before he ejaculated and "spilled his seed on the ground", since any child born would not legally be considered his heir. The next statement in the Bible says that Onan did evil and that God slew him.

Reactions: cigaretteman
In the 1960's "The Pill" was introduced to women in
America. It was used by both married and unmarried
women. In 1968, Pope Paul VI issued an Encyclical that
prohibited this use of artificial birth control. A decade
later a poll was taken that indicated that 85% of Roman
Catholics were disobeying the Pope's Encyclical.

Bottom Line: The Pope made birth control a religious
issue. So he alienated Roman Catholics in America in
the process.

Lute,

Pope Paul VI predicted in 1968 that when sex became divorced from procreation and seen as trivial, society would decline in the realm of families; divorces would rise, women would be seen as sex objects and the general morality would decline.

Bottom Line: Pope Paul VI was a prophet of our time.

Link:

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrior Poet31
I honor my vows.
I thought you were making the point that ‘casual sex’ was normative and attempts to discourage it were futile and unrealistic… yet you prove the opposite by entering into an exclusive monogamous relationship, held together only by your own sense of honor.

So, for you, taking vows was a moral line in the sand, yet you have no regard for those that draw the moral line differently.

if we’re basically animals following our instincts to sleep with as many women as possible, you undermine your own point by getting married and staying faithful.

the answer, of course, is that God gave us the urges as well as the ability to harness them.

Last edited:
I thought you were making the point that ‘casual sex’ was normative and attempts to discourage it were futile and unrealistic… yet you prove the opposite by entering into an exclusive monogamous relationship, held together only by your own sense of honor.

So, for you, taking vows was a moral line in the sand, yet you have no regard for those that draw the moral line differently.

if we’re basically animals following our instincts to sleep with as many women as possible, you undermine your own point by getting married and staying faithful.

the answer, of course, is that God gave us the urges as well as the ability to harness them.
I played the field, as did they, when I settled on the one I married her. End of story.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I played the field, as did they, when I settled on the one I married her. End of story.
So, the desperate need for unmarried 'casual sex' can be reigned in? I thought your post earlier in the thread implied that it couldn't/shouldn't be? Yet you've done it to honor a 'vow'.

So, the desperate need for unmarried 'casual sex' can be reigned in? I thought your post earlier in the thread implied that it couldn't/shouldn't be? Yet you've done it to honor a 'vow'.
What need was there for me to reign in my human desires prior to discovering my wife? Of course human desire can be stifled for extended periods of time depending on the circumstances at the time. But, that need not be a requirement for any man or woman simply to suit me, my beliefs, or my faith.

Yes, the 60's & 70's were heady times to be alive for those without supressed libido's, but for you to make the leap that those individuals that allowed themselves to exhault & experience the bounty of God's green earth were somehow immoral is a judgement I doubt you are qualified to make.

It never ceases to amaze me how many of you “libertarians” want the government controlling our sex lives. What two consenting adults do in privacy is no concern of mine.

If you and your preachers want to police my bedroom I wish you luck - you’re gonna need it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT