ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump wins - if he runs in 2024 Iowa GOP caucuses, poll says

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
If he runs, former President Donald Trump is the odds-on favorite of Iowa Republicans to win the state’s first-in-the-nation presidential caucuses.

If he doesn’t, it appears there will be a wide-open race for Iowa GOP support among the party hopefuls seeking to challenge President Joe Biden in 2024.

A Victory Insights poll of 650 Iowa Republicans found that 61 percent said they will support Trump if he runs.

No other Republican topped 10 percent among “very likely” caucusgoers in the poll conducted March 5-8. However, Utah U.S. Sen. Mitt Romney, “someone else” and former Vice President Mike Pence had more than 10 percent support among all Republicans.

If Trump doesn’t run, “it’s complicated,” according to Victory Insights.

More than 1,000 days ahead of the 2024 caucuses, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Pence and Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, who won the 2016 Iowa caucuses, sit atop the field. Among very likely caucusgoers, DeSantis was at 20 percent with Pence was just a tick behind and Cruz at 16 percent. However, support for DeSantis and Cruz fell off among all Republicans, while Pence’s support remained steady.

“Undecided” and “someone else” combined for more than 30 percent among all Republicans.

Former U.N. Ambassador and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo — who will be in Iowa later this week — and Romney were seen as “low-tier” candidates.

“Of course, there are several aspects of the Iowa caucuses that polls can simply not anticipate. After all, the caucus still is years away,” Victory Insights said.

However, based on the demographically weighted study, it concluded the “win rate” for DeSantis is 54 percent, 29 percent for Pence and 17 percent for Cruz.

de9186bf10a9289b1d33c8cb4b471e3a_w200.gif

Unfortunately, this should come as no surprise. Sad but true.

Well, at least these early polls are pretty meaningless, except for Trump cultism among Republicans which leads me to believe that he would win the caucuses if he runs. Hopefully he will be in prison or dead before 2024.

Reactions: MitchLL and GOHOX69
If he runs, former President Donald Trump is the odds-on favorite of Iowa Republicans to win the state’s first-in-the-nation presidential caucuses.

If he doesn’t, it appears there will be a wide-open race for Iowa GOP support among the party hopefuls seeking to challenge President Joe Biden in 2024.

A Victory Insights poll of 650 Iowa Republicans found that 61 percent said they will support Trump if he runs.

No other Republican topped 10 percent among “very likely” caucusgoers in the poll conducted March 5-8. However, Utah U.S. Sen. Mitt Romney, “someone else” and former Vice President Mike Pence had more than 10 percent support among all Republicans.

If Trump doesn’t run, “it’s complicated,” according to Victory Insights.

More than 1,000 days ahead of the 2024 caucuses, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Pence and Texas U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, who won the 2016 Iowa caucuses, sit atop the field. Among very likely caucusgoers, DeSantis was at 20 percent with Pence was just a tick behind and Cruz at 16 percent. However, support for DeSantis and Cruz fell off among all Republicans, while Pence’s support remained steady.

“Undecided” and “someone else” combined for more than 30 percent among all Republicans.

Former U.N. Ambassador and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo — who will be in Iowa later this week — and Romney were seen as “low-tier” candidates.

“Of course, there are several aspects of the Iowa caucuses that polls can simply not anticipate. After all, the caucus still is years away,” Victory Insights said.

However, based on the demographically weighted study, it concluded the “win rate” for DeSantis is 54 percent, 29 percent for Pence and 17 percent for Cruz.

**** the GOP MAGAt piles of shit Idiots amongst us particularly the Iowa GQP monstrosities.

Reactions: MitchLL
My wife's [pics in other thread] father thinks Trump is the "Greatest President in our lifetime" --he's 71.

I’d vote for Romney BUT I fully expect Democrats to use this as a reason as to why Iowa shouldn’t be the first caucus state.

Shouldn't this ass clown be indicted by then? It seems like prosecutors are pu ssies.
I thought they could indict a ham sandwich.

When you consider the extent to which this guy has been investigated it’s crazy something hasn’t been found. It’s not plausible than anyone running multiple million dollar enterprises hasn’t done something that could run afoul of a prosecutor’s interpretation of the law.
Unless they’re just scared to swing and miss.
Or Strozk was really right, and ‘there’s no there there’.

When you consider the extent to which this guy has been investigated it’s crazy something hasn’t been found. It’s not plausible than anyone running multiple million dollar enterprises hasn’t done something that could run afoul of a prosecutor’s interpretation of the law.
Are you aware there is an active grand jury investigation going on right now?

They can and let's see what happens. Sometimes, the legal system is like a constipated colon and eventually all the feces explodes. Or you might be a hundred percent correct. Regardless, I am hoping he dies of coronary disease or becomes even more demented due to some form of dementia.

Reactions: cigaretteman
They can and let's see what happens. Sometimes, the legal system is like a constipated colon and eventually all the feces explodes. Or you might be a hundred percent correct. Regardless, I am hoping he dies of coronary disease or becomes even more demented due to some form of dementia.
A lot of people pulling for the Big Mac.

If he were to run, Trump would be the heavy favorite in the GOP primary and a long-shot in the general
That’s completely true, but throw in a wild card like the economy tanking and people may reject (or simply not go out to support) the status quo.

With all the baggage he will be carrying by that time, (assuming he is not in jail or dead) I don't see it being a cakewalk in the primary. A decent challenger could eviscerate him on stage and beat down any hopes he had of garnering Non-Trump Republicans /Independent voters which would make winning a primary that much more difficult.
Not to mention his pocketbook will likely be much lighter after all those loans come due and he uses the current contributions to pay that debt.

I don't see him running because of a multitude of factors, but if he did, a primary win is not a foregone conclusion.

Reactions: goldmom
I hope he runs and I hope he wins the Iowa caucus.

Let the sane Americans (guessing around 60-70 percent of us all) see once and for all how morally depraved and absolutely out of ideas the modern Republican Party is.

Do it.
While I tend to agree with your sentiment, I'm fearful we go right back to the lunatics running the asylum.

BAU

While I tend to agree with your sentiment, I'm fearful we go right back to the lunatics running the asylum.

BAU
Hey, if America is going to end, it might as well be hilariously spectacular. As an Atlantic writer presciently noted in 2016: “We are now entering the dumbest possible dystopia.” 🙂

Reactions: Chishawk1425
I just don’t get it. He’s as toxic as they come these days…
The findings were released 3 months ago, Iwouldn't put much stock in that being accurate today. I do think it is important we have an actual strong candidate this time. The last 2 elections have been the lesser of two evils by all accounts for both parties.

I wish the left wing media would quit keeping him in the news. They can't help themselves however. Colbert, Kimmel, Samantha Bee, Seth Meyers, Trevor from Africa, CNN, NBC Nightly New, et. al. keep beating the drum to the point where yeah, I can see how some could hate the left more than Trump himself...
#Derp

Reactions: Huey Grey
I wish the left wing media would quit keeping him in the news. They can't help themselves however. Colbert, Kimmel, Samantha Bee, Seth Meyers, Trevor from Africa, CNN, NBC Nightly New, et. al. keep beating the drum to the point where yeah, I can see how some could hate the left more than Trump himself...
Which network is pushing an audit in Arizona? Which goal is to prove Trump won?

I bet you do. It's embarrassing that a majority of your fellow conservatives worship the moron, isn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT