ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump wins - if he runs in 2024 Iowa GOP caucuses, poll says

With all the baggage he will be carrying by that time, (assuming he is not in jail or dead) I don't see it being a cakewalk in the primary. A decent challenger could eviscerate him on stage and beat down any hopes he had of garnering Non-Trump Republicans /Independent voters which would make winning a primary that much more difficult.
Not to mention his pocketbook will likely be much lighter after all those loans come due and he uses the current contributions to pay that debt.

I don't see him running because of a multitude of factors, but if he did, a primary win is not a foregone conclusion.
There are no Non-Trump Republicans.

Reactions: bladel
Agree to disagree- I don't believe every one of the 74 million people that voted Republican in the last Presidential election is obsessed with or even like Trump. Trump may still win a primary, but it would not be a whitewash like some think.
Okay maybe one percent aren’t raging Trumptards. Maybe.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I don't think he's going to run away or clear the field, either. To ascend to governor or Senator you have to have a bit of an ego. Graciously bowing out and not even testing your ambition in deference to someone else gives a beta vibe. At some point in 2023, the Republican candidates who enter will make their pitch for "I have the best chance to defeat Joe Biden (or Kamala Harris) in an election". That becomes a harder sell when your literal most recent achievement was failing to defeat Joe Biden in an election.

I don't think he's going to run away or clear the field, either. To ascend to governor or Senator you have to have a bit of an ego. Graciously bowing out and not even testing your ambition in deference to someone else gives a beta vibe. At some point in 2023, the Republican candidates who enter will make their pitch for "I have the best chance to defeat Joe Biden (or Kamala Harris) in an election". That becomes a harder sell when your literal most recent achievement was failing to defeat Joe Biden in an election.
Not when most of your party thinks you actually won:

Interesting poll results, hard to believe that 16% of the democrats in the country believe violent left-wing protestors were responsible for 1/6/21 riot trying to make DJT look bad
I wonder who is part of the 16% in HROT ( if we are to believe these poll results)

poll.png

That's all just virtue signaling. They'd stop voting if they truly thought it was irreparably rigged. You wouldn't play cards with a fouled deck, would you?

Agree to disagree- I don't believe every one of the 74 million people that voted Republican in the last Presidential election is obsessed with or even like Trump. Trump may still win a primary, but it would not be a whitewash like some think.
You are correct. In the last 11 election cycles 40% - 61% of American voters rejected the Democrats platform. The % voting for Trump < than GWB, GHWB, Dole, Nixon x 1, Reagan x 2 and add Ross Perot, there's another cycle of rejected Democrat ideas. So yeah, of 74 M votes, 70 M were going against the D's as they always have, Trump be damned...

That was as much on the DNC as it was the Iowa Dems......Caucuses are not designed to do what the DNC wants them to do. They are a night for the Party to conduct their business......and the preference poll they conduct was NEVER designed to be anything but "an indicator" of party's Presidential preference. But through hook and crook and circumstance, Iowa is in the position it is in basically through no fault of their own. The beauty of Iowa is it is early enough for candidates to make adjustments after being given a precursory look at by the party regulars and altho not free, it is affordable.

Interesting poll results, hard to believe that 16% of the democrats in the country believe violent left-wing protestors were responsible for 1/6/21 riot trying to make DJT look bad
I wonder who is part of the 16% in HROT ( if we are to believe these poll results)

poll.png
That sounds like something @What Would Jesus Do? might entertain.

That sounds like something @What Would Jesus Do? might entertain.
Nah. If I had staged that, it would have been done better. Lots more mayhem - with the result that the Republican Party would be outlawed by now. As they should be.

Whereas, if the Dems were behind it, they're so clueless that it would never have gotten off the ground.

Erik Prince. Trump hired him and he dove right in. But then he realized Trump was going to stiff him on the bills - like he always does - so he backed out and the "spontaneous riot" fizzled.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT