ADVERTISEMENT

Don't count on Barta to do anything

hawk_a_holic

HR Legend
Aug 21, 2001
his postgame comments (in the Cleveland.com article) basically prove what a weak ass kissing clown he is to anyone named Ferentz. It is better to fire someone a year too early than a year too late. With this lap dog pet as "AD" we are doomed and will be Indiana soon. Just wait until December when we will be gutted on offense. But Lap Dog Gary will have 'full faith' etc. KF will never adapt. He longs for the good ole days and those days are gone like the Wing T offense. He would rather die than win scoring 30 using the spread offense. Brian is a hill he will die on and Gary won't stop him. Brian is lucky he is not a Women's Volleyball or Softball Coach, sports Gary the lap dog will hold to account. Lap Dog will still get to be invited to sit under Kirk's dinner table while drooling for a scrap of food but he really needs to be held to account for enabling a family business in a state university. His buyouts are criminal and only maybe Nick Saban could justify over $40 million.

When you know Kirk and FB runs the athletic program, you just let him run it how he sees fit. There isn't much of a athletic dept without Kirk so Barta knows his role.

When all this goes south, Barta will take the rich man out as retire with his golden parachute and leave a new AD with the mess.

Barta said it in the article. From his mouth “Kirk will evaluate the assistant coaches at the end of the season” we’ve all been lead to believe otherwise. Barta needs to answer why he said that.
I thought Barta ran Brian or at least that is what was supposed to get around the nepotism rules. Gary basically confirmed it is all a farce (which we knew all along). So, how is this in line with UI policy?

When you know Kirk and FB runs the athletic program, you just let him run it how he sees fit. There isn't much of a athletic dept without Kirk so Barta knows his role.

When all this goes south, Barta will take the rich man out as retire with his golden parachute and leave a new AD with the mess.
Barta has just two years left on his contract. I highly doubt he wants to work beyond that.

Reactions: ichawks
I thought Barta ran Brian or at least that is what was supposed to get around the nepotism rules. Gary basically confirmed it is all a farce (which we knew all along). So, how is this in line with UI policy?
All Barta said to the Cleveland reporter is confirming what we all knew already-- the "reporting" and "evaluating" that Brian does to him is nothing but a farce.

If Barta stays 2 more years, he will let Kirk continue to run the football program into the ground.

Next year will likely be worse for Iowa football.

Reactions: hawk_a_holic
However it happens, I’m hopeful that Brian will be done as OC after this year.

KF is stubborn and the game has passed him by, but he isn’t completely oblivious. No doubt he never should have hired his woefully unqualified son as OC (or QB coach) in the first place and he has already stayed with him too long, but I can’t believe that he’ll allow BF to continue to be mocked and laughed at in the local and media. I think that will prompt him to remove BF as OC of nothing else does.

KF is stubborn and the game has passed him by, but he isn’t completely oblivious. No doubt he never should have hired his woefully unqualified son as OC (or QB coach) in the first place and he has already stayed with him too long, but I can’t believe that he’ll allow BF to continue to be mocked and laughed at in the local and media. I think that will prompt him to remove BF as OC of nothing else does.
It doesn't matter who the OC is. KF will never adapt. Just another underwhelming choice who will put on the offensive handcuffs. Maybe a new OC can get in the 80's nationally at best. Still not good enough.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
his postgame comments (in the Cleveland.com article) basically prove what a weak ass kissing clown he is to anyone named Ferentz. It is better to fire someone a year too early than a year too late. With this lap dog pet as "AD" we are doomed and will be Indiana soon. Just wait until December when we will be gutted on offense. But Lap Dog Gary will have 'full faith' etc. KF will never adapt. He longs for the good ole days and those days are gone like the Wing T offense. He would rather die than win scoring 30 using the spread offense. Brian is a hill he will die on and Gary won't stop him. Brian is lucky he is not a Women's Volleyball or Softball Coach, sports Gary the lap dog will hold to account. Lap Dog will still get to be invited to sit under Kirk's dinner table while drooling for a scrap of food but he really needs to be held to account for enabling a family business in a state university. His buyouts are criminal and only maybe Nick Saban could justify over $40 million.
I never have. He is the ultimate remora fish.

It doesn't matter who the OC is. KF will never adapt. Just another underwhelming choice who will put on the offensive handcuffs. Maybe a new OC can get in the 80's nationally at best. Still not good enough.
I think the best year statistically BF had was ranked 88th if I remember right. It's been a shit show since he's been here and trending downward... (now can't get any worse)

I wish you were right but I can't imagine the world you described.

I don’t think it’s far-fetched at all. For selfish reasons, KF won’t want BF constantly getting raked over the coals and laughed at by the national media. And he won’t want his own legacy completely trashed.

I’m not suggesting that KF would remove BF for altruistic reasons. I don’t see that happening.

Why would he fire Kirk after a 10 win season? That would make him just as moronic as Nebraska.

Why would he fire Kirk after a 10 win season? That would make him just as moronic as Nebraska.
Who cares what Nebraska did or national perceptions....do we get special points for that? We know the bullshit that is going on....and we all know that it needs to stop...last year was just another smoke and mirrors show like 2015 was, where we show our ass at the end of the season and the start of the next one.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT