ADVERTISEMENT

Don't Tread on Me Gov Reynolds

I'm a bit out of the loop but it was my understanding she said they could not require masks. If someone wants to voluntarily wear a mask, I don't think there is an issue with that*.

*I am sure she hates it, but that's not important.
And of course, by leaving it as optional, you also inadvertently open kids up to bullying from those who chose not to wear masks. My sister in Johnston saw several instances of this at her school at the end of the year.

Reactions: gohawks50
I still can't get over Reynolds keeping the expert panel so empty that they didn't even have enough members to vote.
Kimmy may not have appreciated the outcome.

In fact, I can almost guarantee she wouldn't have. Those "expert" panels should not be politically influenced, but they are with this Governor.

Hopefully in 2022, Rob Sand can change that.

So as an aside my wife is also a pharmacist, this is not political theater. Kids are being affected much more with this variant and the transmission is much easier. Essentially the previous precautions no longer really pass muster with this version. Also several kids are popping up with Diabetes in conjunction with getting Covid. This school year is going to be a much bigger mess than last year is my anticipation.

I have been saying this, too, and people look at me funny. Too many people suddenly think COVID is over.

Last year zoom sucked. But I fear this year will be worse b/c they’ll push to have kids in-person as much as possible and it’ll cause them to keep bouncing back and forth.

As much as ppl didn’t like remote, not having consistency will be even worse.

Perhaps those that are worried can elect remote learning.
It would work as long as those same teachers and parents of these students who want to be in person with no masks, no vaccine would be willing to sign non liability agreements were they get significantly sick and/or die from Covid. The issue is the non liability agreements don't really pass musters and we know these same individuals would be the first to sue.

I have been saying this, too, and people look at me funny. Too many people suddenly think COVID is over.

Last year zoom sucked. But I fear this year will be worse b/c they’ll push to have kids in-person as much as possible and it’ll cause them to keep bouncing back and forth.

As much as ppl didn’t like remote, not having consistency will be even worse.
We were in person and it worked, the one thing I will say is I am glad they did push in person last year, but we knew then kids were not being affected and that masks worked. This is a completely different ball game, yet the governor is assuming she took a risk last year and it worked, it should work again this year even with her law against masks. I think she is sorely under estimating the current risks at hand.

Last edited:
She did nothing that I remember.. But continuing the repubs and home control theme, you don't remember the entire Michelle Obama school lunch fiasco with repubs? There were also previous incarnations of the school lunch issue by repubs
They didn't want their lunch policy mandated by a national directive from someone who wasn't even elected to public office. I'm not really sure what point you think you're making here.

Ok. Ignore my post then and continue on with others ITT.
DevotedDarkAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif

And of course, by leaving it as optional, you also inadvertently open kids up to bullying from those who chose not to wear masks. My sister in Johnston saw several instances of this at her school at the end of the year.
It was the other way around at my daughter's school with masked kids freaking out on those that decided to stop wearing them.

Governor Reynolds was at handing out hard boiled eggs at the fair grounds yesterday, I didn't have the balls to say anything yesterday, wish I would have gotten at least 1 dig in.

but our entire system of government is baased on REPRESENTATION, NOT a DIRECT democracy. We elect folks to REPRESENT us. The “local” here is school board and school board elections.

Speaking of school boards, it's high time that we start demanding to know the political affiliation of school board candidates.

Speaking of school boards, it's high time that we start demanding to know the political affiliation of school board candidates.
Why? Do you really believe there is a political agenda? I would bet big districts are represented by predominantly Dems and smaller districts are reaped by Repubbers…..,School boards are like city elections…pretty much agenda driven but non-political party driven.

Why? Do you really believe there is a political agenda? I would bet big districts are represented by predominantly Dems and smaller districts are reaped by Repubbers…..,School boards are like city elections…pretty much agenda driven but non-political party driven.

Yes. I do believe there are political agendas.

ADVERTISEMENT