ADVERTISEMENT

Dorman: Maybe men should sit this one out

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Never mind the gender “gap.” In Iowa, it’s a chasm.

A recent Des Moines Register Iowa Poll shows President Donald Trump and his Democratic challenger Joe Biden tied at 47 percent apiece.

But Biden leads among women surveyed by 20 percentage points. Trump leads among men by 21. And the poll was taken before the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a sad development that leaves hard-fought consititutional gains for women and others in jeopardy.

But what’s up fellas? Is it because this president came with a cool hat? Boat parades?

The internet, as you might imagine, is chock full of analysis on this widening gap. Men have been trending more Republican for years, a pace accelerated in 2016, while women are trending more Democratic. Women also are more likely to vote than men.

Maybe it’s the Trump economy. A Financial Times poll released in February found that 48 percent of white men report they’re better off financially under Trump. But only 33 percent of white women said the same. Black and Latino respondents were much more likely to say their financial situation has worsened under Trump.

And maybe it’s something else. Two researchers, Eric Knowles and Sarah DiMuccio of New York University, collected web search data on topics such as “erectile dysfunction,” “hair loss,” “testosterone” and surveyed 300 men on whether they had or would ever search those topics. They found support for Trump in 2016 was higher in areas of the country that had more searches for “erectile dysfunction.”

Draw your own conclusions.

But why, after we’ve seen this train wreck president in action, are men still clinging to Trump? Puzzled, I asked a very close female associate who did not want to be dragged into this.

For one thing, the end of “political correctness” and the beginning of a golden era of “locker room talk” promised by Trump did not materialize. Quite the opposite, the election of a president who bragged of sexual assault sparked the #MeToo movement and a reckoning for men from the top down. It shook up male-dominated power structures and held men accountable for horrid behavior.

Women, who have faced unfair treatment, harassment and oppression, are more supportive of the Democratic view of economic equality, including ending the unfair treatment, harassment and oppression of Black Americans and other disadvantaged groups. The need for societal change is more obvious to women than men, especially white guys. Karens who call the cops, notwithstanding.

Men might see the Black Lives Matter movement as anti-police, a bunch of rioters or a threat to law and order. Women heard George Floyd calling for his mother just before he died under the knee of a Minneapolis police officer.

As the primary caregivers, educators and family leaders, the added duties and disruptions of the pandemic have hit women far harder. They’re the ones on the front lines wrestling with home learning, finances and all the added stress of a world turned upside down.

So when the president blows off the virus and bungles the federal response, it’s women who pay the highest cost for his negligence.

This all makes sense. Women seem much better equipped to judge the needs of this national moment and act accordingly. Men, not so much. Maybe we should sit this one out, fellas. I’ll see about cool hats.

Wow, ciggy. Have you really run out of material? this is the worst drivel you've ever posted...and that's saying a lot. What kind of self loathing beta cuck would actually let people look into his sad soul like that?

Reactions: UKGrad93
Aside from the ridiculousness of this writing and the fact you started this thread to quote the writing -

Once again, someone on the Left tries to make personal attacks against and wants to silence the opinion of someone on the Right.

BAU

support for Trump in 2016 was higher in areas of the country that had more searches for “erectile dysfunction.”
very-interesting.jpg

Fortunately, women are slowly starting to wake up to the degradation of society that the left's policies promote. Not all of them are weak-minded, subservient individuals that follow what the media tells them to do. Iowa does have many extremely strong, mentally impressive women that are starting to help educate their liberal "friends." Keep up the hard work.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79

A recent Des Moines Register Iowa Poll shows President Donald Trump and his Democratic challenger Joe Biden tied at 47 percent apiece.

But Biden leads among women surveyed by 20 percentage points. Trump leads among men by 21. And the poll was taken before the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a sad development that leaves hard-fought consititutional gains for women and others in jeopardy.

But what’s up fellas? Is it because this president came with a cool hat? Boat parades?

The internet, as you might imagine, is chock full of analysis on this widening gap. Men have been trending more Republican for years, a pace accelerated in 2016, while women are trending more Democratic. Women also are more likely to vote than men.

Maybe it’s the Trump economy. A Financial Times poll released in February found that 48 percent of white men report they’re better off financially under Trump. But only 33 percent of white women said the same. Black and Latino respondents were much more likely to say their financial situation has worsened under Trump.

And maybe it’s something else. Two researchers, Eric Knowles and Sarah DiMuccio of New York University, collected web search data on topics such as “erectile dysfunction,” “hair loss,” “testosterone” and surveyed 300 men on whether they had or would ever search those topics. They found support for Trump in 2016 was higher in areas of the country that had more searches for “erectile dysfunction.”

But why, after we’ve seen this train wreck president in action, are men still clinging to Trump? Puzzled, I asked a very close female associate who did not want to be dragged into this.

For one thing, the end of “political correctness” and the beginning of a golden era of “locker room talk” promised by Trump did not materialize. Quite the opposite, the election of a president who bragged of sexual assault sparked the #MeToo movement and a reckoning for men from the top down. It shook up male-dominated power structures and held men accountable for horrid behavior.

Women, who have faced unfair treatment, harassment and oppression, are more supportive of the Democratic view of economic equality, including ending the unfair treatment, harassment and oppression of Black Americans and other disadvantaged groups. The need for societal change is more obvious to women than men, especially white guys. Karens who call the cops, notwithstanding.

Men might see the Black Lives Matter movement as anti-police, a bunch of rioters or a threat to law and order. Women heard George Floyd calling for his mother just before he died under the knee of a Minneapolis police officer.

As the primary caregivers, educators and family leaders, the added duties and disruptions of the pandemic have hit women far harder. They’re the ones on the front lines wrestling with home learning, finances and all the added stress of a world turned upside down.

So when the president blows off the virus and bungles the federal response, it’s women who pay the highest cost for his negligence.

This all makes sense. Women seem much better equipped to judge the needs of this national moment and act accordingly. Men, not so much. Maybe we should sit this one out, fellas. I’ll see about cool hats.

Obviously men should not sit this one out. The only ones likely to heed that call are liberal men.

Sort of like when groups in other countries call for boycotting an election they think is rigged by the unpopular incumbent. Then the guy they oppose wins by a landslide, and things get worse.

But women really need to step up.

Last election was supposed to be the election when women won the day. Didn't happen.

This election I suppose should be when women and people of color need to win the day. Will it happen?

You might think Trump would be losing ground among the elderly, as well - thanks to his abysmal handling of the pandemic. But is that true?

I tried not to mention you. Of course I don't believe you really have down syndrome as you quite likely wouldn't be such a beta cuck asshole.

I like how you just see other people use words and then in turn use them yourself, repeatedly and incorrectly, ad-nauseum.

I like how you just see other people use words and then in turn use them yourself, repeatedly and incorrectly, ad-nauseum.
LOL. ad-nauseum you say? You show your lack of intellect ad nauseum. But if you didn't make stupid posts, how would we know you're such a worthless idiot.

Dorman is a loon.
Former sierra club head (ignores their racist past).

This board has no original putdowns. Beta cuck? Both the left & rigut use this constantly. No originality here, just spewing overused terms. Come up with better putdowns people, this is pathetic!

Look, I don't disagree. However I used it because...well....did you read it? It was the first time I felt the need to because it's the first time I saw the perfect example of it. I mean...right? Did you read that droopy dog wannabe horseshit?

He did it first. Did you call him out? I didn't think so. That's because when of the alt-right assholes does it, it's alright with you.
Him saying "beta cuck" was certainly cring worthly, I by all means look like a dipshit for calling you a "cuck" as well. That being said, ****ing relax man, you took a 2 and went to 10 instantly.

ADVERTISEMENT