ADVERTISEMENT

Double Lung Transplant

16 year old gets double lung transplant in Detroit due to irreversible damage from vaping. So who should be on the hook for his million dollar procedure? Obamacare, private insurance, medicare for all or pick up the tab yourself you idiot...

What?! Do you post the same question about people who cause auto accidents? Fat people for heart disease? Alcoholics for liver disease?

They just figured out last week that it may be Vitamin E in the fluid that is causing the severe damage. Some 16 year old is supposed to know that a single vape could lead to a double lung transplant?

I thought these were all traced back to black market cartridges or something like that.

16 year old gets double lung transplant in Detroit due to irreversible damage from vaping. So who should be on the hook for his million dollar procedure? Obamacare, private insurance, medicare for all or pick up the tab yourself you idiot...
I would argue the poor soul who donated the two lungs probably is on the hook the most.

Maybe schools should teach kids that your lungs are critical to life in biology. Destroy them at your own peril...

No, we aren’t interested in science education anymore. Read this board. Look at our Department of Education. The only goal in life is to maximize profits at any cost, regardless of long term consequences to individuals, the environment, etc.

No, we aren’t interested in science education anymore. Read this board. Look at our Department of Education. The only goal in life is to maximize profits at any cost, regardless of long term consequences to individuals, the environment, etc.

Maybe a tax on Vaping would have saved the kid. The Dems said that will save environment.

it’s science.

Could they barter something like a lifetime supply of vaping products?

i honestly don’t think it would have mattered on bit. Kids will pay almost anything for alcohol and tobacco.

do you thing the ozone hole would have improved just as much if they taxed CFCs in 1987 instead of banning them?

Honestly, you don't think price impacts consumption? There's no point going further, we are operating on a different understanding of very basic economic theory.

I have no idea what you're talking about in terms of ozone holes, improvements, or CFCS in 1987.

Let him go, and then publicize his death far and wide,... absolute destruction of the vaping industry might be the best end result...

Let him go, and then publicize his death far and wide,... absolute destruction of the vaping industry might be the best end result...
So many incidents of this now...it may reduce use of the products but sadly, 16 year old boys think they're invincible.

I’m confused.

Why wouldn’t it be paid by his parents’ insurance company?

Who else would pay for it??

Reactions: naturalmwa
I wish we had an opt out clause. Presume that everyone will donate their organs unless they request specifically not to.
I believe that’s how it works in some countries. It would be a wise idea, but the lunatics would claim it was government death panels harvesting body parts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT