ADVERTISEMENT

Dow down a 1000...

Based on Bernie's lead in the Primaries. Don't buy into the Corona Virus causation. Bernie's 51 trillion dollar spending spree would crater the economy like we have never seen before...
Obama just said it was his. Thanks Barack your momma.

I love hearing the cons scare tactics regarding a Bernie Presidency. Not every President governs from a nearly 100% EO approach. Some WH occupants actually look for bipartisan agreement on legislation.

Bernie isn't getting even half the stuff he proposes anywhere close to enactment.

Republicans still need to get their voter suppression actions to fruition to get DJT reelected.

I don't buy Apple's take that their profits were that far down in China due to Coronavirus. It doesn't pass the smell test. There are bigger economic issues at play here. I don't profess to know what they are yet, but it seems like an explanation to ease the fears of their stockholders that there isn't something fundamentally worse.

Based on Bernie's lead in the Primaries. Don't buy into the Corona Virus causation. Bernie's 51 trillion dollar spending spree would crater the economy like we have never seen before...

I thought I was the only one on HROT who drank in the morning!

"...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer...the future's uncertain, the End is always near."

Well obviously a massive upper class tax cut is in order.

giphy.gif

I don't buy Apple's take that their profits were that far down in China due to Coronavirus. It doesn't pass the smell test. There are bigger economic issues at play here. I don't profess to know what they are yet, but it seems like an explanation to ease the fears of their stockholders that there isn't something fundamentally worse.

Newton's third law.

The Federal Reserve just came out with an updates and improved economic forecast last month. Unless you are into conspiracy theory stuff or you think the Fed is awful at understanding the economy then the Coronavirus fears seems like it could be the cause for this big of a drop/correction. Maybe it is a combo of things; 1. The Fed puts out revised forecast on top of excellent employment numbers so the Street see a rate hike coming 2. We are not going to be able to get infront of this coronavirus thing and it is now becoming very obvious that things on this front are about to get a lot lot worse.

Reactions: Mattski

Don't know what's driving today's dip, Futures said Coronavirus.

But, to the point if Bernie is elected. I would bet good money that the market takes a major hit if he is elected.

Reactions: L. Wade Childress
This is what's causing the hubub and it IS the coronavirus. Any of you who understand how viral infections work will understand how important this is.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...dd19de-54ea-11ea-b119-4faabac6674f_story.html

The short version: The coronavirus incubation period, previously believed to be around 14 days which already strains containment possibilities, has now been shown to be much longer. Possibly as long as 27 days.

27 days from contracting it, to display of any symptoms - all during which time you can spread it - of a virus that kills at a rate 3 times that of the flu. This is absolutely terrible news.

It's COVID19

Supply chains are already shutting down. Going to balloon from there.
It's severely impacting just about everyone. A lot of freight isn't moving that's already built. Parts aren't being made due to quarantining. There's a lot of expedited freight not previously accounted to be at those rates, that has been produced.

I agree it's going to get worse as other areas see the virus and quarantine.

This is what's causing the hubub and it IS the coronavirus. Any of you who understand how viral infections work will understand how important this is.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...dd19de-54ea-11ea-b119-4faabac6674f_story.html

The short version: The coronavirus incubation period, previously believed to be around 14 days which already strains containment possibilities, has now been shown to be much longer. Possibly as long as 27 days.

27 days from contracting it, to display of any symptoms - all during which time you can spread it - of a virus that kills at a rate 3 times that of the flu. This is absolutely terrible news.

It's like HIV, except:

• You're symptomatic in a month, vs years
  • You can pass it along just by coughing, vs. sex or blood contact
  • It kills people in weeks, not years
  • Lower mortality rate than HIV, but much much higher infectious potential
  • Because of the ~1 month incubation, we literally have to wait a month after someone's infected in a region to see how many subsequent infections there are. So, put a stamp on the # of infections in any given area today, and wait a full month before you declare anything "all clear"

Reactions: khael-hawk
To the guy on here last week that talked about taking his money out... I hope you did!

The world knows America is unprepared to lead us out of the pandemic. This is on Trump. It’s an indictment of his leadership. We all know Bernie would fully fund the CDC.

I really do wonder if Trump supporters live in a different reality that operates independent of facts. Reports were coming in all week that the markets were going to take a huge hit because of the new outbreaks - yet we find this thread and the trumpers slurping it up.

Reactions: lucas80 and srams21
The world knows America is unprepared to lead us out of the pandemic. This is on Trump. It’s an indictment of his leadership. We all know Bernie would fully fund the CDC.
Everything's on Trump with you babbling buffoons. You're too stupid to see the tragedy, too busy counting political coup. You're disgusting.

Reactions: Mattski
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT