ADVERTISEMENT

Dow down a 1000...

Just now: Kudlow says the way Trump is handling this will have a "very positive effect on the President's election campaign." With his emphasis on "very."

Kudlow sounds somewhat less drunk than usual. Less slurring of his words. Seems pretty sharp in response to questions. I'm no fan, but credit where credit is due.
Taking credit for the small amounts of coronavirus in the US is fraught with peril. Those statements could easily look moronic and be used in campaign ads.

Geneva Motor Show cancelled. Switzerland bans gatherings of more than 1000 people.

Trump should do that to hurt Dem candidates.

I know he likes his big rallies, too, but it would be more disruptive for the Dems.

Then again, that would probably work to Bloomberg's advantage - he can still buy $millions in ads while other Dems have to scale back their rallies.

So I guess the question is how much Trump is worried by Bloomberg?

I could see it going green. Lot of things at play. Bargain hunting and string desire to stop the bleeding.

The guy on Bloomberg reviewing the best and worst performing European stocks just highlighted travel companies. Not surprising that they are down. But they are waaay down. Some nearly 30% off last week's price.

Just now: Kudlow says the way Trump is handling this will have a "very positive effect on the President's election campaign." With his emphasis on "very."

Kudlow sounds somewhat less drunk than usual. Less slurring of his words. Seems pretty sharp in response to questions. I'm no fan, but credit where credit is due.
The usual pin stripped suit? Kudlow is the front man on this for the WH. I guess Navarro is too risky.

This is why the stock markets are freaking out.
“Congressperson Lieu, can you please give a Yes or No answer: is the allegation that you waited until after the death of a SECOND African American at the hands of Ed Buck, a serial drug and human trafficker, to return his political donation of nearly $20,000 a hoax or not?”

:p:p:p:p:p

I could see it going green. Lot of things at play. Bargain hunting and string desire to stop the bleeding.
Bargain hunting, for sure.

And wishful thinking.

The problem is that this crash has a real cause. So while there will be relative bargains, there may not be very many absolute bargains until we know the real impact of the virus on trade and business, etc.

Reactions: noleclone2
My guess is it fights to get to -150 -200 range and then at the end of the day ends up -300 -350 range.

Meaning one will be red and the other green?
I don't think it's going to be in the green... no way!

I dunno if it will drop lik eit did yesterday afternoon or not- a record dip below a thousand and end the day. But, I definitely don't believe it's going to rise back up to yesterday's closing!

Can you imagine the bargains to be had on cruises in the next few months? The cruise lines might actually pay guests to board.

Travel agencies must be taking a hit, too.

Reactions: noleclone2
I don't think it's going to be in the green... no way!

I dunno if it will drop lik eit did yesterday afternoon or not- a record dip below a thousand and end the day. But, I definitely don't believe it's going to rise back up to yesterday's closing!

A bit confused...

• I said "Green"
  • You then referred to the Dow (at least numerically)
  • I then confirmed my Green, but clarified I always track the S and P 500, never the Dow, so that was my reference
  • You then said you were referring to the Dow
  • I then said that I suspect both the Dow and the S and P 500 would finish the same color (Red or Green) (they rarely don't)
  • You then said you thought the opposite (which would mean they'd finished different colors)
  • I then tried to confirm your meaning (different colors?)
  • You then said (above), "It is not going to be in the Green".
I don't think we have been discussing an "it". I think we have been discussing a "they" (two indices).

I think in the end you are just saying "The Dow will finish Red", and that is fine.

You're still holding to your prediction? lol

Yes. Although it is looking more precarious. The S and P 500 got as good as -1.0% (-31 points) late morning, but has fallen back again.

My gut still tells me we close in Green, but we shall see.

A bit confused...

• I said "Green"
  • You then referred to the Dow (at least numerically)
  • I then confirmed my Green, but clarified I always track the S and P 500, never the Dow, so that was my reference
  • You then said you were referring to the Dow
  • I then said that I suspect both the Dow and the S and P 500 would finish the same color (Red or Green) (they rarely don't)
  • You then said you thought the opposite (which would mean they'd finished different colors)
  • I then tried to confirm your meaning (different colors?)
  • You then said (above), "It is not going to be in the Green".
I don't think we have been discussing an "it". I think we have been discussing a "they" (two indices).

I think in the end you are just saying "The Dow will finish Red", and that is fine.
Dude... it's tanking like a bitch. Sorry for my pedestrian language. It's not climbing back to the opening number. Red, green, chartreuse... whatever. There's no rally in this thing today, okay? I'll be shocked, now, if it doesn't beat yesterday's record for worst drop (in points) in history.

Dude... it's tanking like a bitch. Sorry for my pedestrian language. It's not climbing back to the opening number. Red, green, chartreuse... whatever. There's no rally in this thing today, okay? I'll be shocked, now, if it doesn't beat yesterday's record for worst drop (in points) in history.

We shall see.

Can you imagine the bargains to be had on cruises in the next few months? The cruise lines might actually pay guests to board.

Travel agencies must be taking a hit, too.

You’d have to pay me to take the risk of getting quarantined.

You’d have to pay me to take the risk of getting quarantined.
I'm referring to a possibility this threat winds down in a few months and companies seek to drum up business.

I absolutely agree with you right now. Guess what is happening right now might really promote the purchasing of "travel insurance" in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT