ADVERTISEMENT

Downtown Ottumwa where I live

You guys guess what he is drinking: since i am from ottumwa I am guessing straight mt dew or mt dew and black velvet.

Not going to watch the whole video. Does he stop at Chills n’ Thrills?

Not going to watch the whole video. Does he stop at Chills n’ Thrills?
actually no, he is getting kind of close... gets to the theater and kind of fizzles out. I was wanting him to go to the tom tom and owls nest and start pounding drinks.

somebody on hrot said the chills and thills is no longer... I hope that is not the case. nothing caps off a nite of drinking in ottumwa with a little crack ho action from des moines and nebraska. start off at tom tom, work your way south towards owls nest, try and stumble on to omaha women at chills.

Reactions: GOHOX69
You guys guess what he is drinking: since i am from ottumwa I am guessing straight mt dew or mt dew and black velvet.
That's not really a drink in Ottumwa is it? Look, I was a fairly low bottom drunk in terms of how much I was drinking before I stopped. Never on my worst day would I mix Black Velvet and Mountain Dew. If those are the only two things I had, I 'd take shots of chilled Black Velvet and chase them with a little Mountain Dew for sugar. Mixing them together and sipping on that concoction sounds like something you might do to hide your little plastic bottles of whiskey because you''re at you kids Boy Scout camp trip and the only thing they have left in the bottle vending machines is Mountain Dew and you need a bottle with a cap to conceal the scent of booze when you're not drinking from it. In downtown Ottumwa, somebody better have a coke or a diet coke or a sprite or anything other than Mountain Dew.

That's not really a drink in Ottumwa is it? Look, I was a fairly low bottom drunk in terms of how much I was drinking before I stopped. Never on my worst day would I mix Black Velvet and Mountain Dew. If those are the only two things I had, I 'd take shots of chilled Black Velvet and chase them with a little Mountain Dew for sugar. Mixing them together and sipping on that concoction sounds like something you might do to hide your little plastic bottles of whiskey because you''re at you kids Boy Scout camp trip and the only thing they have left in the bottle vending machines is Mountain Dew and you need a bottle with a cap to conceal the scent of booze when you're not drinking from it. In downtown Ottumwa, somebody better have a coke or a diet coke or a sprite or anything other than Mountain Dew.
yes when i was growing up in ottumwa in high school it was and it was even served in bars!!

actually no, he is getting kind of close... gets to the theater and kind of fizzles out. I was wanting him to go to the tom tom and owls nest and start pounding drinks.

I remember seeing Ghost and one of the Ernest (goes to camp most likely) movies in that theater. Sad to see how much the downtown area has fallen.

What was the shoe store downtown? Was it Browns or something like that?

I remember seeing Ghost and one of the Ernest (goes to camp most likely) movies in that theater. Sad to see how much the downtown area has fallen.

What was the shoe store downtown? Was it Browns or something like that?
yes it was Brown's Shoe Fit Co and they are like a chain and they are all over the country still in business but I don't think Ottumwa still has one

somebody on hrot said the chills and thills is no longer... I hope that is not the case. nothing caps off a nite of drinking in ottumwa with a little crack ho action from des moines and nebraska. start off at tom tom, work your way south towards owls nest, try and stumble on to omaha women at chills.
None of those places are around or have been for awhile last time I got down that way.

None of those places are around or have been for awhile last time I got down that way.
Please excuse me. TripleT is up and going strong. Part of Hotel Ottumwa. Great sports tap and food. Last time I was down that way a beautiful brunette with the nicest tits was in there with her friend who was beautiful as well. Both way out of my league. Looks like the Owls Nest still has the lights on. If your not a regular in that place you get the treatment if you know what I mean. Chills was torn down brick by brick.

Last edited:
I’ve been working on a project about 5 minutes south of Ottumwa. It’s like a “People if Walmart” video everywhere you go.
Doing road construction? If so every time I go down there all you fkrs have done is tear sht up, put up stupid signs and disappear for a year to tear more sht up.

Black Velvet and Mountain Dew is called the “Ottumwa Express” where I’m from.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Please excuse me. TripleT is up and going strong. Part of Hotel Ottumwa. Great sports tap and food. Last time I was down that way a beautiful brunette with the nicest tits was in there with her friend who was beautiful as well. Both way out of my league. Looks like the Owls Nest still has the lights on. If your not a regular in that place you get the treatment if you know what I mean. Chills was torn down brick by brick.
Chills is still standing, just closed down and was for sale last I knew. Great business opportunity for someone with a little entrepreneurial spirit!

Reactions: SpyderHawk
Chills is still standing, just closed down and was for sale last I knew. Great business opportunity for someone with a little entrepreneurial spirit!
Must have been the connected building west of Chills.

Last edited:
Reactions: cheeselog8
The Chicago mob came to Ottumwa to hide out and do business. I'm sure the river had something to do with that. Deteriorating mansions north of the river in the hills. Some are really well kept by rich folks. Ottumwa is little Mexico these days. Especially where that guy is walking.

The Chicago mob came to Ottumwa to hide out and do business. I'm sure the river had something to do with that. Deteriorating mansions north of the river in the hills. Some are really well kept by rich folks. Ottumwa is little Mexico these days. Especially where that guy is walking.
They say the same thing in Dubuque about the Outfit and Capone hiding out there. You wont find any mention of it in any books about The Outfit. Only stories from Dubuquers.

Reactions: SpyderHawk
They say the same thing in Dubuque about the Outfit and Capone hiding out there. You wont find any mention of it in any books about The Outfit. Only stories from Dubuquers.
It's the truth about Ottumwa as well. I've seen the mansions. Italian construction. No books will show this of course. It's evident they were here.

It's the truth about Ottumwa as well. I've seen the mansions. Italian construction. No books will show this of course. It's evident they were here.
Got any cool stories? What’s more evidence they were there? Interesting stuff

I grew up 20 miles from there, but I can't remember the last time I set foot in Ottumwa. Every nasty, gross, hepatitis-laden story you've heard about Chills-n-Thrills is true. We took a friend there for part of his bachelor party. We paid a 43 year old pregnant woman $10 to give him "the works." After a couple minutes, he gave her $20 to stop.

I grew up 20 miles from there, but I can't remember the last time I set foot in Ottumwa. Every nasty, gross, hepatitis-laden story you've heard about Chills-n-Thrills is true. We took a friend there for part of his bachelor party. We paid a 43 year old pregnant woman $10 to give him "the works." After a couple minutes, he gave her $20 to stop.
I don't doubt that. I did meet a pretty cotton candy there in my 20's. She ignored the pimps and gave me all kinds of attention. I've traveled the country and she is one of the best I've had. At Chills believe or not.

I've got a bunch of stories. most of those old mansions were old "morrells meats" money

are you serious chills is torn down?
Morrells and the mafia both. Morrells owned the town and knew better then to mess with them. They were all buddies.

Mafia was big into the meat packing industry at the time. That was one of their top legal investments and having the river/railroad transportation was invaluable for them. Back in those day's the Mafia definitely did business through Ottumwa

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT