ADVERTISEMENT

Doyle gone

Thank goodness

but the fact that racist bigot will receive $1 mil is a travesty

They could have burned that in legal fees and then still paid him a million. Doyle would have gotten attorneys to take that one on a contingent fee basis for sure.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I hope he just takes his money and rides into the sunset.
That is okay by me also BUT:
I'm sure someone here will follow him on some kind of media and report back to us keeping his legend going either to piss off those that hate him for allegations he did or for those who are truly interested where he ends up

Last edited:
lol ... reminds me of Dave Chappelle's joke about Bill Cosby:

"Didn’t want to believe it. At first, I didn’t believe it. I was like, 'Man, these people are obviously trying to destroy Dr. Cosby’s rich legacy.' Even 34 allegations into it, I was still like, 'Man…he probably only raped 10 or 11 of those people.'"

Lmao the goat

Reactions: Eternal Return
the team will be bad now and not too many to the nfl but at least they will have won the social justice battle . it's a moral victory.

the team will be bad now and not too many to the nfl but at least they will have won the social justice battle . it's a moral victory.

LMAO! Yes, every successful player at Iowa over the past 20 years was directly a result of Doyle's God-like omnipotence. He was like Saban, Bellicheck, Lombardi, Rockne, Batman, and Superman all rolled into one.

Reactions: bradjens
I think you are greatly underestimating Doyle's ability to make a case that he was equally a jerk to both black and white players.

He may have been an equal opportunity a-hole to both black and white players. However, once there are reported of making fun of one's cultural history, current culture, and imitation of their dialect, it doesn't matter if he jumped on whites and blacks for spitting on the turf, told guys they were shit etc... Being a jerk to both whites and blacks is irrelevant if he utilizes, race, culture and history to tear them down.

I believe the accurate way to say this is “perceived racist comments” and “perceived double standards”. Those would be incredibly hard to validate from a legal perspective.

If there is a sworn statement/testimony corroborated by witnesses, it wouldn't be difficult to validate from a legal perspective at all. The alleged comment about "...you guys don't like boats.." if corroborated by a witness becomes very easy to validate and sink him (no pun intended).

If there is a sworn statement/testimony corroborated by witnesses, it wouldn't be difficult to validate from a legal perspective at all. The alleged comment about "...you guys don't like boats.." if corroborated by a witness becomes very easy to validate and sink him (no pun intended).
Making an off color (no pun intended) comment is not even in the same ball park as something truly racist like pulling a scholarship or keeping someone lower on the depth chart, for no other reason than the color of their skin. If comments like the boat one you listed are the reason for all of this, good freaking luck! The problem is true racism is being desensitized. I'm curious, if there was a black person from Iowa who was told "I'm going to send you back to the farm", would that then be racist?

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
Making an off color (no pun intended) comment is not even in the same ball park as something truly racist like pulling a scholarship or keeping someone lower on the depth chart, for no other reason than the color of their skin. If comments like the boat one you listed are the reason for all of this, good freaking luck! The problem is true racism is being desensitized. I'm curious, if there was a black person from Iowa who was told "I'm going to send you back to the farm", would that then be racist?

The comments are certainly a different level of racism, and not nearly has damaging, but in the workplace, it still gets you fired immediately. I agree, telling a white kid, go back to the farm etc. is not going to cause any real issue, but the history, or black experience, is what causes one comment to be seen as unacceptable vs another being relatively harmless, but no less rude or mean. .

The comments are certainly a different level of racism, and not nearly has damaging, but in the workplace, it still gets you fired immediately. I agree, telling a white kid, go back to the farm etc. is not going to cause any real issue, but the history, or black experience, is what causes one comment to be seen as unacceptable vs another being relatively harmless, but no less rude or mean. .
Agreed - but rude or mean is not racist. Compliance with rules and expectations is not racist. And my point about the farm was is it going to be considered "racist" to tell a black kid from Iowa he is going to be sent back to the farm, but not for the white kid? Pretty confusing precedent.

You are correct, the farm comment would not seem racially or ethnically insensitive, just seen as a rude comment to make. However, any comment, ANY comment, that includes ethnicity, ethnic history or ethnic experience will indeed get you fired. Agree or disagree that is how it works. Either, i think the school could fire Doyle for actions even without a claim of racism if reports of his behavior are true regarding his comments, chewing kids out etc. Other high profile coaches have been fired for yelling, ass chewing. It is the state of our times.

You are correct, the farm comment would not seem racially or ethnically insensitive, just seen as a rude comment to make. However, any comment, ANY comment, that includes ethnicity, ethnic history or ethnic experience will indeed get you fired. Agree or disagree that is how it works. Either, i think the school could fire Doyle for actions even without a claim of racism if reports of his behavior are true regarding his comments, chewing kids out etc. Other high profile coaches have been fired for yelling, ass chewing. It is the state of our times.
If he has a contract, which he did, it's not as easy as you think. That's why there was such a huge separation agreement. Assuming racist intent is not the same as actually proving it objectively.

It was easy. Look how quickly he was gone. Intent means zero. If I tell jokes, my intent is to be funny and make people laugh. But, if my jokes include racial stereotypes or are of a sexual nature, I’m going to get fired. Separation agreements and lawyers get involved, not because the firing or justification was hard, but to protect against costly litigation from lawsuits later, even if the employer knows they are 100% in the right, and will win all lawsuits.

ADVERTISEMENT