ADVERTISEMENT

Doyle gone

No surprise. Basic statements from both sides. I am sure its part NDA and the payout is confidential. My guess is that its $1M+

No surprise. Basic statements from both sides. I am sure its part NDA and the payout is confidential. My guess is that its $1M+
A large payout is worth it. Fire him and they blow through the money in a lawsuit.

Payout will not be confidential. It is a public university so that will get disclosed.

Did the independent investigation look into the whole staff or only Doyle? There were allegations against other coaches and I am wondering if those were investigated as well.

Maybe I’m alone on this but I think the buyout is pretty cheap, considering all the collateral damage a lawsuit could do. Now if the investigation says BF or KF needs to go, that’s a whole other matter.

But to have the Doyle thing wrapped up in a week and a half for $1.1 million, I’ll take that every time.

Thats the on book stuff. You are naive. Its right in the agreement...."Other considerations" wink wink
I mean any other $$$ that gets paid out will be subject to FOIA and the media will watch that closely. So you’re basically saying Barta or KF are giving him cash out of their own pocket under the table? Seems like a stretch.

If only maybe 25 players would have came fwd I may have been a tad skeptical... but when the 49th and 50th player spoke up well I had to believe they may have been on to something... I’m sure he’ll be taken care of as far as separation goes thou..

Reactions: Eternal Return
Lol OK. There are all kinds of ways around that. There is no tax money involved.

No there literally is not. The university (including athletics) has to disclose what gets paid to whom. Do you not recall the annual outcry every time the state database is updated that shows Ferentz as the state's highest paid employee? A payment from the university to Doyle will be in those records. If Joe Schmoe's pizza shack cuts Chris a check for $1million then yeah that would not be disclosed because Joe Schmoe is not a public entity.

Reactions: hawkdave007
No there literally is not. The university (including athletics) has to disclose what gets paid to whom. Do you not recall the annual outcry every time the state database is updated that shows Ferentz as the state's highest paid employee? A payment from the university to Doyle will be in those records. If Joe Schmoe's pizza shack cuts Chris a check for $1million then yeah that would not be disclosed because Joe Schmoe is not a public entity.

Neither are the big boosters

If the agreement is with the University. It all has to be disclosed whether it comes from boosters, or the University.

Who in the hell would be dumb enough to step into this shit to be a Yes Man for a bunch of 20 year old pampered cry babies? Good luck, you're going to need it.

A six figure salary should alleviate any concerns about “pampered cry babies” that will have to be dealt with.

Last time I checked the investigation is still ongoing...

I would agree, reading Doyle's statement released today. He is still projecting that his character will be confirmed in the still ongoing investigation:

"A statement from Iowa Athletics Director Gary Barta says, “The University of Iowa has reached a separation agreement with Executive Director of Football and Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Chris Doyle. We wish Chris the best moving forward in his career.”

The same release from the university included a statement from Doyle, “Iowa City has been home to our family for 21 years. I am grateful Iowa football provided an opportunity to work with incredible players, coaches, and support staff. I have worked diligently to make a positive impact on the lives of student=athletes, support them as they speak out, and look forward to continued growth. I am confident that my record and character will be confirmed in the course of the independent review. The University and I have reached an agreement and it is time to move on from Iowa football. My family and I are looking forward to the next chapter.”
"

ADVERTISEMENT