ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Kulick, Kevin Ward

David - I understand your position. And I agree changes are a good thing. Now, will you explain to me how meat being cooked a certain way (the same for over 100 people) and sleep monitors (for all players) is evidence of systemic racism? I mean a dress code and decorum is seen as racism and that is fine. But the rules were applicable to every player. And how in the hell is how food is cooked and sleep monitors (which NFL teams do) racist? I am just curious your thoughts on that.

David - I understand your position. And I agree changes are a good thing. Now, will you explain to me how meat being cooked a certain way (the same for over 100 people) and sleep monitors (for all players) is evidence of systemic racism? I mean a dress code and decorum is seen as racism and that is fine. But the rules were applicable to every player. And how in the hell is how food is cooked and sleep monitors (which NFL teams do) racist? I am just curious your thoughts on that.

There are no thoughts in a vacuum. There's also no sound..

Kulick is an idiot.
Thoughts, David?

Also, what exactly makes Drake an idiot?

I would have loved that care and knowledge back in my day to improve my physical condition. It was all DIY back in my playing days.

Tried listening to the HN podcast and didn't make it 30 seconds in before hearing that this report is "damning", and that "blacks are treated unfairly in the program"

Literally just turned it off... I'm officially done with that site

Unfortunately this is how the national media is portraying it as well like ESPN. It's all about the headlines.

Tried listening to the HN podcast and didn't make it 30 seconds in before hearing that this report is "damning", and that "blacks are treated unfairly in the program"

Literally just turned it off... I'm officially done with that site
Yep. I stopped visiting HN and stopped listening to the podcasts, and tuned out anything Rob Howe related.

https://amp.hawkcentral.com/amp/5543723002

I see one jackass still trying to make something out if nothing.

I guess coaches should just lie and sing praises of every player.

I find it hard to believe they had anything to with kings low pick!! He always seemed like a great guy and clearly was a team player....or he'd have left sooner.

And kittle flat out stated he screwed around way too much. Let's be real...his injuries Sr year hurt him more than anything. He showed he was a really good player but not that we was on his way to being a top 10 NFL superstar.

And let's get real!! These guys have no problems signing scumbag athletes and they're willing to do almost anything to win!

Let me guess Doyle hated aje and his pick was because if that, probably nothing to do with the stupid combine....the biggest thing that also killed king!

Just another crap article imo.

I find it hard to believe they had anything to with kings low pick!! He always seemed like a great guy and clearly was a team player....or he'd have left sooner.

And kittle flat out stated he screwed around way too much. Let's be real...his injuries Sr year hurt him more than anything. He showed he was a really good player but not that we was on his way to being a top 10 NFL superstar.

And let's get real!! These guys have no problems signing scumbag athletes and they're willing to do almost anything to win!

Let me guess Doyle hated aje and his pick was because if that, probably nothing to do with the stupid combine....the biggest thing that also killed king!

Yeah that Wadley I think as he already made that claim publicly.

There is a difference between singing the praises of every player/being honest and what Doyle was apparently doing. It's not just the former players complaining. In the story you cited, it links to a story from Dochterman with the Athletic where he is quoting a scout from the 49'ers who is sharing how Iowa talked about Kittle (and by Iowa, one would presume he means Doyle since all the information to the NFL came from Doyle). The report also has a current coach saying another coach (presumably Doyle) wielded too much power in determining what information NFL teams received about players.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Kulick is an idiot.

Anything to support your position or did you just want to do another drive by like you did blaming Jade for the Goodsons turning their Twitter private? When proven wrong, you turned around and called them an idiot just like you did to Drake.

So I'll assume you don't really have a good reason.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
There is a difference between singing the praises of every player/being honest and what Doyle was apparently doing. It's not just the former players complaining. In the story you cited, it links to a story from Dochterman with the Athletic where he is quoting a scout from the 49'ers who is sharing how Iowa talked about Kittle (and by Iowa, one would presume he means Doyle since all the information to the NFL came from Doyle). The report also has a current coach saying another coach (presumably Doyle) wielded too much power in determining what information NFL teams received about players.
well now we get to see the new woke hawks. the anti trash can-head hawks. see if they get as many wins and as many guys into the nfl. the no fun league.

Kittle basically said he was lazy and a bit of a shit for a large part of college. So what is your issue with the coaches also being honest about it??

Believe it or don't, but when I was coaching at the 18-and-under level, college coaches often inquired about my players. A junior college coach once asked me about my third baseman, for example, and I told him he had talent and potential, but he was undisciplined and only did what he had to do at practice.

I then told the young man exactly what I told the coach, and I told the player that if he buckled down and got serious, I would be happy to call the coach and update my review.

If coaches aren't honest, the coaches at the next level will realize that right away, and that will hurt everyone. Honesty and fairness. That's all that's required.

If KF allowed Doyle to bad-mouth players to the NFL, that's a clear failure on KF's part. It's his program, and his players deserve honest and fair evaluations, all personal feelings aside.

Likewise, academically I've had many students ask me to write college recommendations for them. I've told some kids that I would, but if I did I'd have to tell the truth, and that would include explaining their specific deficiencies. Some said thanks, but they'd ask someone else. Others said to go ahead because even though my recommendation wouldn't be very positive, it would probably be the best they could hope for. Students and athletes, in most cases, if you're honest with them, they'll be honest about themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything to support your position or did you just want to do another drive by like you did blaming Jade for the Goodsons turning their Twitter private? When proven wrong, you turned around and called them an idiot just like you did to Drake.

So I'll assume you don't really have a good reason.
Take it easy. David doesn’t get stuff wrong. Especially about things things people might use as signatures on Hawkeye Report.

I also question them bad mouthing King. I know he fell in the draft and he worked out somewhere else, but that doesn’t seem to be sufficient evidence that he was bad mouthed. As stated, they would have been thankful he came back his senior year.

The white player is almost certainly Kittle. I actual remember Seneca Wallace on the radio last year (he is on weekly in DSM in season) stating that he was surprised how well Kittle was doing in the NFL as Kittle trained with the company Seneca works with and that he showed very little dedication. Doyle was probably a douche with his wording but it sounds like Kittle wasn’t really praise worthy.

I would have loved that care and knowledge back in my day to improve my physical condition. It was all DIY back in my playing days.

No S&C or organized work outs when I was there also. Gatoraide was in the experimental stage when they were still leary of giving players water breaks. Cant believe nobody died or was hospitalized during two a days.

Last edited:
I really enjoy their podcast. They have had some great interviews with former players and they provide a nice insight into the program.

That being said, they also can come off as naive and childish. Part of it is just their schtick, but every once in awhile they make me cringe.

I know Rob Howe is not a favorite of people here, but he also does a good job interviewing players. I don’t buy the agenda bs. He’s a reporter doing reporting. He’s made some errors with the DJK story, but he’s also owned up to it.

I really enjoy their podcast. They have had some great interviews with former players and they provide a nice insight into the program.

That being said, they also can come off as naive and childish. Part of it is just their schtick, but every once in awhile they make me cringe.

I know Rob Howe is not a favorite of people here, but he also does a good job interviewing players. I don’t buy the agenda bs. He’s a reporter doing reporting. He’s made some errors with the DJK story, but he’s also owned up to it.

It wasn't just the DJK story, it was the Wadley and Robert T Green stuff too. Howe deserves EVERY bit of what he has coming his way. His I'm more educated than you, I am not one to be preached to, I loved the miller deace pods, but I have not and will not listen to the HN pod again.

It wasn't just the DJK story, it was the Wadley and Robert T Green stuff too. Howe deserves EVERY bit of what he has coming his way. His I'm more educated than you, I am not one to be preached to, I loved the miller deace pods, but I have not and will not listen to the HN pod again.
To each their own. He’s actually a really good interviewer. I loved his recent interviews with Patrick McCaffery, Danan Hughes, Quinn Early, and Adam Gettis. All four are great representatives of Iowa and Rob certainly encouraged the positivity.

With DJK and Akrum, hindsight is 20/20 and Rob probably got a little overzealous with his “let the players tell their stories” mantra.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
ADVERTISEMENT