ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Stoops / Kyler Kasper

Rambler Hawk

HR Legend
Oct 10, 2001
Ok, off week so I looked up these two WRs that were on our radar at one point…

It looks like Drake is having a nice little season at Okie, while Kasper may be buried on the Oregon depth chart,hurt, or redshirted?

Anyone follow these two programs? Tia

Safe to say neither would have been happy playing/running cardio under BF?🤪

Reactions: intrepodor
I doubt Drake was ever going to come here if OU wanted him. He grew up there, not in Iowa. I know is dad is really connected to us even today, but he hasn't lived in Iowa City in 35 years.

Kyler is the one that hurts. 1 catch for 4 yards so far in his career. A kid that could have been a difference maker for us. He's got at least 4 WR ahead of him on the Oregon roster right now, 3 juniors and a sophomore. Having said that, looking at our QB situation right now I don't blame him.

Digging up this old thread but got me curious to those who know more. Just saw yesterday Oregon got #3 recruit in nation and top WR committed. Have read the Ducks are loaded at WR this season. Is Kasper expected to see the field in year 3? Or is it one of those cases loaded position group keep bringing in elite talent and passed over. Like kaleb brown at osu.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Digging up this old thread but got me curious to those who know more. Just saw yesterday Oregon got #3 recruit in nation and top WR committed. Have read the Ducks are loaded at WR this season. Is Kasper expected to see the field in year 3? Or is it one of those cases loaded position group keep bringing in elite talent and passed over. Like kaleb brown at osu.
The Cover 3 Podcast has a really good Summer School Series, and the beat writer from Oregon gushed about the receivers, but I don’t think Kasper was mentioned at all.

Time to come to Iowa City, young man.

Oregon and USC pick up wide receiver recruits at the same level as Ohio State. Iowa's only real hope to improve their situation at that position is to try and pry away some discouraged depth from programs like those and prove they know how to use them. Hopefully Brown is the start of that.
I know a guy who talked to kevin about a month ago.
If he doesn’t see the field or ball much this year he’ll be gone from oregon.
Woods told him it was ok to take the money. Woods also told kevin he would have played this year but it would have been very frustrating due to the passing game being so bad.
Said tenn offered $1 million and oregon was north of that.
The younger brother might be better and is really high on iowa if the offense can show life. He was at the iowa camp a couple weeks ago.

The Cover 3 Podcast has a really good Summer School Series, and the beat writer from Oregon gushed about the receivers, but I don’t think Kasper was mentioned at all.

Time to come to Iowa City, young man.
the beat writers for Oregon discussed him this spring, I wonder if that has changed over the summer.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I know a guy who talked to kevin about a month ago.
If he doesn’t see the field or ball much this year he’ll be gone from oregon.
Woods told him it was ok to take the money. Woods also told kevin he would have played this year but it would have been very frustrating due to the passing game being so bad.
Said tenn offered $1 million and oregon was north of that.
The younger brother might be better and is really high on iowa if the offense can show life. He was at the iowa camp a couple weeks ago.
interesting. so schools (NILs) pay players 1M+ and then stuff them 3-deep?

Reactions: shudaddy and kkhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT