ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Ott

Personally I think we should all call it and fill his damn voicemail box. This is absolute b.s. and they need to get taken to task for it. Screwing with a kid's future is flat out wrong. I know I'm calling it today.

So fill us in, did he return your call?

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
I believe there is now another, updated Ott thread going. We can probably just go ahead and start arguing with Nebraska posters in this one now and keep all Ott related updates in one place. Agreed?

Alright here's what I'm getting from this, due to the 30% rule the B1G cannot grant the waiver themselves but can deny it. Since it was sent to the NCAA that means they approved it and sent it to the NCAA to review it and rubber stamp. Am I wrong here?

Just reading between the lines I would say it seems the BIG rejected his request and appeal is now to the NCAA

I think it may be a positive that they haven't said no yet. I haven't paid attention to other requests but am guessing they fall under guidelines better than Otts case

My guess is KF and BArta are advocating but they don't do that in public. That's not how they operate
My information is that the BT did NOT rule on Ott's additional year of eligibility: in essence, they passed the matter on to the NCAA because while Ott took part in too many games during his senior season, he was only in several briefly due to the injury. And while the BT felt it couldn't make an in or out recommendation apparently the transmittal to the NCAA was worded very favorably & the NCAA will shortly (within the next few weeks) grant Ott another year of eligibility.

Good question is how much did respect for Ferentz enter into the BT effort to find a path around the rule book for Ott.

Reactions: TankHawk
Personally I think we should all call it and fill his damn voicemail box. This is absolute b.s. and they need to get taken to task for it. Screwing with a kid's future is flat out wrong. I know I'm calling it today.

With your history of open letters maybe you should get out paper and a pen.

We should get an autodialer and call every five minutes at all hours of the night. That should get the point across. It also works when you are trying to impress a girl.

No. I've left 4 messages in the last week though. I hope his inbox has several of us calling him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT