ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Ott

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Just watching the 2015 Iowa vs Wisconsin game and realizing just how damn good this kid was but due to injuries that plagued him throughout his career totally sucks…

Anyways I wish that kid could have had a full career as he would have been one of the best d-linemen Iowa has had .. really reminded me of Jeff Drost from wayyyyyy back in 85

Anyone know what he is up to these days? Great Hawkeye!

Just watching the 2015 Iowa vs Wisconsin game and realizing just how damn good this kid was but due to injuries that plagued him throughout his career totally sucks…

Anyways I wish that kid could have had a full career as he would have been one of the best d-linemen Iowa has had .. really reminded me of Jeff Drost from wayyyyyy back in 85

I believe he owns a farm outside Giltner, NE.
Iowa wins the 2015 B1G Championship if he plays vs MSU.

Guy got screwed out if an additional year by the NCAA and now they are letting a guy play an 8th year for Oregon as a tight end. Total bs in how they treated him.
Is the athlete from Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, or USC? Then Yes.

Is the athlete from a "popular" school that is in the completely ridiculous pre-season Top 25, has a blow hard coach that the media loves, or the majority of their fan base has a southern accent and/or listens to Paul Finebaum? The Yes.

All other athletes? Take an abnormal amount of time to decide, then No.

Ott was amongst the last cohort of athletes that the NCAA was super strict about any extra years.

Now we have guys receiving literally an 8th or 9th year of eligibility.

• Angry
Reactions: hawkdave007
Didn’t Drew ride his moped to NE for a family visit? Awesome story.

RegularImpressiveJaeger-max-1mb.gif

Guy got screwed out if an additional year by the NCAA and now they are letting a guy play an 8th year for Oregon as a tight end. Total bs in how they treated him.
I think about this quite a bit nowadays, when anyone can be granted an extra year or two or three of eligibility for pretty much any reason they can come up with. I'll never forget thinking that no way Cook scrambles to his left to pick up the 4th-and-short in the BTCG if Ott is playing right DE. Then he got so screwed out of playing in 2016. F'cking worthless NCAA....

Yes, someone had an article about him and his farm is in with his family or in-laws farm. He seemed to be perfectly happy with his wife and iirc at least one kid.

He was awesome, horrific elbow injury in 2nd or 3rd game of the year so he basically played 2 1/2 games then was out for a few games or barely got any snaps. Then he was almost back and blows out his knee on a non-contact play rushing the punter.

No shit he got screwed. And about the only way to fight the NCAA is to sue them for millions which scares them.

As much as he got screwed over at the end of his football career, he now looks to be living a beautiful life, at total peace with his family and the ground he tends to in Nebraska.

I highly recommend checking out ‘onlyottfarms’ on Instagram. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a happier couple having fun every day. He’ll always be a Hawk, but I bet he wouldn’t trade a thing for what he has now.

Yes, someone had an article about him and his farm is in with his family or in-laws farm. He seemed to be perfectly happy with his wife and iirc at least one kid.

He was awesome, horrific elbow injury in 2nd or 3rd game of the year so he basically played 2 1/2 games then was out for a few games or barely got any snaps. Then he was almost back and blows out his knee on a non-contact play rushing the punter.

No shit he got screwed. And about the only way to fight the NCAA is to sue them for millions which scares them.
Drew Ott Article

• Love
Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
He is farming back in Nebraska. I follow them on Facebook (onlyottfarms) he and kali (former iowa basketball player) appear to be pretty funny and entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT