ADVERTISEMENT

Drone strike kills al-Qaeda leader....

The problem is, if we're allowed to drone strike people we don't like, what's stopping other world powers from doing the same thing to us?
You think it isn’t just a matter of time? There are bad guys who may have already tried it and luckily the drones missed, malfunctioned, or were intercepted.

Reactions: Cougar63
AqgV.gif

Couple of things. He was hiding in Afghanistan after reportedly being in Pakistan for basically 20 years. It’s being reported he was in a house linked to a Taliban leader. This supports the hard line the US has taken on their civilian leadership.
Shocking that the #2 guy at al Queda, and who was the primary planner of 9/11, is dead and some posters can’t take the win for the US. 3000+ Americans were killed by this guy. Take the win. Take the win, Fox News.

To further illustrate... not if but WHEN Iran conducts a drone strike against one of our top military leaders, and says, "Well, you did it to us!"... what's our response?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Couple of things. He was hiding in Afghanistan after reportedly being in Pakistan for basically 20 years. It’s being reported he was in a house linked to a Taliban leader. This supports the hard line the US has taken on their civilian leadership.
One of the main selling points for the War in Afghanistan was that the Taliban gave these guys citizenship after 9/11 and protected them.

Looks like they’re back at it, and we have a more efficient solution.

Reactions: Tom Paris
To further illustrate... not if but WHEN Iran conducts a drone strike against one of our top military leaders, and says, "Well, you did it to us!"... what's our response?
Find out who ordered the strike......then do the same thing to their mom.

Reactions: Torg
I just think it sets a bad precedent that will be used against us.
Jesus Christ... you'd bitch if we had American soldiers killed in a raid. The drone strike is the best option, imo.

With any operation like this, the WH must weigh the potential reaction and response and retaliation.

These are not easy decisions and I'm sure much discussion went into the "go ahead". Obviously felt there were more "pros" than "cons".

This scenario was probably planned for a very long time. The drone strike today was just the "right time".

President Bush said we will never stop looking and holding those responsible for 9/11, accountable (swift justice). You want to do nothing because of what they might do to us in the future? They don’t care. They will try to kill an American leader, civilian, etc., every chance they get regardless of what we do or don’t do.

We need to keep cutting the heads off of the snakes.

Prescient remark. I went over to Fox and Jesse Watters is vomiting out nonsense about Nancy Pelosi endangering the Biden crime family's operations in China.
This is why you can't ever hold conversation with a Fox viewer. Their brains are broken.
Fox will cover this story only to the "bare minimum". They can't risk Biden/WH getting too much positive feedback from the Merican public.

That's what make them utterly disgusting as a so called news organization.

Reactions: Torg
President Bush said we will never stop looking and holding those responsible for 9/11, accountable (swift justice). You want to do nothing because of what they might do to us in the future? They don’t care. They will try to kill an American leader, civilian, etc., every chance they get regardless of what we do or don’t do.

We need to keep cutting the heads off of the snakes.

We might not like it when Russia, China, Iran, and others start cutting off the heads of our snakes.

It just seems bizarre that we can drone strike people all over the world, and not think we're going to get the same treatment back. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened already.

• Haha
Reactions: runkpanole
Fox will cover this story only to the "bare minimum". They can't risk Biden/WH getting too much positive feedback from the Merican public.

Fox is how I heard about it. Got home from work and Mrs. Trad (no pics) was watching FoxNews.

Jumped on the internet and the nebulous "breaking news" story posted in the OP was all I could find. Even from FoxNews!

Took a chance and posted the FoxNews broadcast headline anyway.

We might not like it when Russia, China, Iran, and others start cutting off the heads of our snakes.

It just seems bizarre that we can drone strike people all over the world, and not think we're going to get the same treatment back. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened already.
JFC, you are stupid. Oh no, run tell mommy I called you stupid.

Reactions: BelemNole
JFC, you are stupid. Oh no, run tell mommy I called you stupid.

I never have and never will report anyone to the mods. I'm just reminding you guys about the oppressive moderation regime now that Warchant is try to reinvent themselves or whatever the hell is going on.

Well, if one of our leaders were ever to purposefully and successfully order the murder of thousands of innocent civilians in an act of terror, during peacetime no less, maybe we shouldn’t wait for another country to take them out.

I don’t get it.? You want the people responsible for 9/11 should go unpunished? Were you angry when Seal Team Six got Bin Laden also, or is it just what administration happens to be in place at the time?

Well, if one of our leaders were ever to purposefully and successfully order the murder of thousands of innocent civilians in an act of terror, during peacetime no less, maybe we shouldn’t wait for another country to take them out.

I don’t get it.? You want the people responsible for 9/11 should go unpunished? Were you angry when Seal Team Six got Bin Laden also, or is it just what administration happens to be in place At the time?

I'm just worried about this being used against us. That's all.

Good call.
Front page of website.

The problem is, if we're allowed to drone strike people we don't like, what's stopping other world powers from doing the same thing to us?
“People we don’t like.” Lol, like, terrorists who have schemed for decades, often successfully, to directly target and kill thousands of civilians? That certainly would be “someone we don’t like” I guess.

I'm just worried about this being used against us. That's all.
I get it, but the US is sending a great message. Hell, I wish we could have taken out Bin Laden with a drone rather than risking the lives of our military personnel at the time.

If the rest of the world is wavering on whose side to be on, the US is looking very strong right now with superior weapons supplied to Ukraine and now taking out an enemy that dared attack us on our soil.

More than 20 years later and the United States didn’t forget. And if you had a loved one die on 9/11, you have to feel a little better tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT