ADVERTISEMENT

DSM Golf Degens...

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Congrats to DSM resident Mike Mc Coy for winning the 2022 British Senior Amateur. The championship was played in high winds over 4 days. Mc Coy shot a 283 (+3), to win by 8 shots. Last year this event was won by West Des Moines resident Eugene Elliot.
The championship was played at Royal Dornock Golf Club, north of Inverness. Many Scots regard Royal Dornock as the finest golf club in Scotland. It’s extreme north location limits it’s exposure to major tournament golf. I played this course a few years ago and she is a great one!
Congrats to Mike Mc Coy on a job well done....by one of the world’s top ranked senior amateur golfers!

Reactions: thewop
Congrats to DSM resident Mike Mc Coy for winning the 2022 British Senior Amateur. The championship was played in high winds over 4 days. Mc Coy shot a 283 (+3), to win by 8 shots. Last year this event was won by West Des Moines resident Eugene Elliot.
The championship was played at Royal Dornock Golf Club, north of Inverness. Many Scots regard Royal Dornock as the finest golf club in Scotland. It’s extreme north location limits it’s exposure to major tournament golf. I played this course a few years ago and she is a great one!
Congrats to Mike Mc Coy on a job well done....by one of the world’s top ranked senior amateur golfers!
Does he qualify for the Open now?

So between him and his literal neighbor (Gene Elliot) some block in WDSM has won the last 2 Amateur senior British opens

Mike has had a very successful life. I think back to when he was just starting to get serious about the game in high school. He worked on his game with Bill Rose as his mentor...those two could be found almost daily/ nightly at the Willow Creek driving range,...Mike swinging the golf club, and Bill watching his every swing, day after day after day...You very seldom saw one without the other...old days' long ago. Bill Rose was a good guy, too.

ADVERTISEMENT