ADVERTISEMENT

EA Sports - College Football 25 ruminations

LuciousBDragon

HB Legend
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2017
The American Southwest
Got the game on the 19th and immediately started dynasty mode. Need a thread to collect all y’all’s thoughts and experience of the game.

My thoughts:
- Mrs. Dragon forgot this game existed and has no clue how intricate recruiting mode is so I started messing with her. Got up and left the dinner table and said I had to “DM a recruit.” She gave a proper WTF look. Now I’m stressing her out blabbing on how my top QB recruit is visiting Mizzou this weekend and I need to take a few minutes to check his social media

- Varsity mode to start and ease into it. Troy took me to OT. Probably should have blitzed a little more. Have a feeling that game in real life this fall will be scary.
- Almost won at the ‘shoe playing hardcore time of possession and running it down their throats that would make Kirk jizz and Tressel blush. CPU gave the Buckeyes a late TD drive airing it out to win 14-7 after being held to < 100 yds passing all game.
- RPO has been tricky to get some consistency. Brian must have screwed these kids up royal…

Whatchu got?

- Mrs. Dragon forgot this game existed and has no clue how intricate recruiting mode is so I started messing with her. Got up and left the dinner table and said I had to “DM a recruit.” She gave a proper WTF look. Now I’m stressing her out blabbing on how my top QB recruit is visiting Mizzou this weekend and I need to take a few minutes to check his social media
Quality bit here. Well done.

Got the game on the 19th and immediately started dynasty mode. Need a thread to collect all y’all’s thoughts and experience of the game.

My thoughts:

- Varsity mode to start and ease into it. Troy took me to OT. Probably should have blitzed a little more. Have a feeling that game in real life this fall will be scary.
- Almost won at the ‘shoe playing hardcore time of possession and running it down their throats that would make Kirk jizz and Tressel blush. CPU gave the Buckeyes a late TD drive airing it out to win 14-7 after being held to < 100 yds passing all game.
- RPO has been tricky to get some consistency. Brian must have screwed these kids up royal…

Whatchu got?
I started out as the O-Coordinator for Iowa. I want to make my bones and cut my teeth before moving up to a HC gig at some bottom feeder school and turn them into Alabama 2.0. For right now I'm only playing offense to speed things up, but will play D for key moments.

A few things I've noticed

1. Screens and PA are tough. I'm about 6 games in and I still cannot get them off in time before being sacked.
2. The game still has some clock issues. There are times I'll go out of bounds and the clock won't stop. There are also times where the opposing team will go 3 and out in the last 60 seconds of the game when all they need to do is kneel on it and they get a W. Instead they run 3 plays and punt with like 20 seconds left.
3. Recruiting is super in-depth. I think I like it, but I'm still get used to it.

Last night I was playing against Minnesota. I was down 24-7 going into the 2nd half and ended up coming back and going up 25-24 with 13 seconds left. Minnesota chucks up a 50 yard pass and completes it. The WR is able to get out of bounds which stopped the clock. They come out and kick a 30 yard field goal and that was that.

Reactions: LuciousBDragon
Besides the fact I hate that they flipped the read option controls from NCAA14 and that field goal kicking is damn near impossible. I love the game and give it 9/10.

Pro-Tip

Use Kansas's Offensive playbook and thank me later.
Same issue with special teams. I am starting to get the tempo down but the left/right arrow to line up a field goal with no wind is still overly sensitive.

Does it still have the hidden 2 star 5-2 RB that after a RS year becomes a 5 star?

I started out as the O-Coordinator for Iowa. I want to make my bones and cut my teeth before moving up to a HC gig at some bottom feeder school and turn them into Alabama 2.0. For right now I'm only playing offense to speed things up, but will play D for key moments.

A few things I've noticed

1. Screens and PA are tough. I'm about 6 games in and I still cannot get them off in time before being sacked.
2. The game still has some clock issues. There are times I'll go out of bounds and the clock won't stop. There are also times where the opposing team will go 3 and out in the last 60 seconds of the game when all they need to do is kneel on it and they get a W. Instead they run 3 plays and punt with like 20 seconds left.
3. Recruiting is super in-depth. I think I like it, but I'm still get used to it.

Last night I was playing against Minnesota. I was down 24-7 going into the 2nd half and ended up coming back and going up 25-24 with 13 seconds left. Minnesota chucks up a 50 yard pass and completes it. The WR is able to get out of bounds which stopped the clock. They come out and kick a 30 yard field goal and that was that.
Agree, screens damn near impossible to execute correctly. I’ve run a bunch of shallow crossers that are easier to time and more effective. Robo-Cade loves him some QB sack schadenfreude.

Played UCLA tonight in the rain, up 4 with 13 seconds left and they get ball at the 20. Quick slant and the CPU bastard house’s it after bouncing off every DB. Hoping I can land the Duke’s Mayo Bowl and robo-throat choke some Noles back to Tallahassee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT