ADVERTISEMENT

Early voting in Virginia

SoFla-Hawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 12, 2001
Starts today and goes until 10/31. Wait times at some polling places is already 2 hours. One elderly gentleman said he came prepared to wait all day if needed. How will the orange piece of shit sabotage in person voting?

In person voting unless circumstances such as health or work should be the only thing allowed in this country. The only thing worse than mail-in voting is early voting. Such ridiculousness to vote for a President of the United States without all information being available up until election day. Hell, it's ridiculous to vote for school board prior to accumulation of all data up until voting day.

Reactions: INXS83 and goldmom
In person voting unless circumstances such as health or work should be the only thing allowed in this country. The only thing worse than mail-in voting is early voting. Such ridiculousness to vote for a President of the United States without all information being available up until election day. Hell, it's ridiculous to vote for school board prior to accumulation of all data up until voting day.
I love early voting. I love mail-in voting. Nothing anyone says at this point is going to change my mind.

Why the desire to disenfranchise Americans? No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question.

Why? If a voter has made up their mind why should they wait? For instance, there’s no piece of information you could get that would cause you to vote for Biden, so why should t you just vote now?

Weird how you never brought this up over the last 20 years. You waited until your corrupt president started projecting. Just another thing you're only echoing.

Why in the world would anybody go the first day of early voting? I would avoid the first couple days and the last couple of days of early voting along with any Saturday that is included.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
What a shock...
What's going to be said at this point that hasn't already been brought out, no matter the political race; president, US House & Senate, state and local races...? The incumbents have their record to run on, and the challengers have had time to make their claims why they're better. Nothing at this point will come to light that'll make me change my mind. Right now all the ads are saying the same thing over and over again. There is nothing new, and there won't be over the next few weeks.

Reactions: mjtommy
Just saw a person interviewed who got in line at 8:45 this morning. They just voted. They were in line 2 hours and 45 minutes. The line outside that polling station is now over 200 yards long. Same polling station that has a 90 minute wait once you've entered the building.

Just saw a person interviewed who got in line at 8:45 this morning. They just voted. They were in line 2 hours and 45 minutes. The line outside that polling station is now over 200 yards long. Same polling station that has a 90 minute wait once you've entered the building.

If you make it a larger window you get less of this at least.
Make it more stringent with ID and less mail in but give people more time. Win win I think

If you make it a larger window you get less of this at least.
Make it more stringent with ID and less mail in but give people more time. Win win I think

Virginia requires 2 forms of identification. A state issued ID and something like a passport/utility bill/bank statement.

Reactions: hexumhawk
What's going to be said at this point that hasn't already been brought out, no matter the political race; president, US House & Senate, state and local races...? The incumbents have their record to run on, and the challengers have had time to make their claims why they're better. Nothing at this point will come to light that'll make me change my mind. Right now all the ads are saying the same thing over and over again. There is nothing new, and there won't be over the next few weeks.
What about the bombshell from next russian hack coming in October? If you vote early that can't change your mind!

I feel similarly about straight-party voting. If you're not smart enough to figure out which individual candidates you want to vote for, then you shouldn't be voting.

Why the desire to disenfranchise Americans? No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question.
America got along just fine with in-person voting for over 200 years. It goes a long way towards ensuring you are a registered voter, a valid citizen, and are who you say you are.
Absentee voting is a good provision for those who can't get to the polls for whatever reason.

If you're too busy or unorganized to get your ass to the polling place the first Tuesday in November every 2 or 4 years, you need to make some changes in your life.

But, what about the virus? Wear a mask and go to the voting place. Duh.

All information available?? Biden and Trump are both older than dirt...we have plenty of information about both of them.

America got along just fine with in-person voting for over 200 years. It goes a long way towards ensuring you are a registered voter, a valid citizen, and are who you say you are.
Absentee voting is a good provision for those who can't get to the polls for whatever reason.

If you're too busy or unorganized to get your ass to the polling place the first Tuesday in November every 2 or 4 years, you need to make some changes in your life.

Haven’t voted in person in years. Works fine.

Reactions: mstp1992

America has been voting by mail since the civil war. 159 years with few problems until the orange piece of shit arrived on the scene. But yes, we should make it harder to vote.

Y
Why? If a voter has made up their mind why should they wait? For instance, there’s no piece of information you could get that would cause you to vote for Biden, so why should t you just vote now?
Yep, gone on, just go on and vote. Or, better yet, don’t.

ADVERTISEMENT