ADVERTISEMENT

East coast fatties rejoice: In-N-Out is coming

It was only a matter of time. The current owner is 2nd generation and there’s rumors of a questionable personal life.

Meh. I’ve never been impressed with InO. I’ve eaten at them in LA, San Fran and Phoenix so I’ve given them multiple tries at multiple locations and been unimpressed. Now if Blake’s Lotaburger makes the transition from the Southwest or if Wards moves out of Mississippi or Milo’s out of Alabama then I’ll be excited.

So do many other joints. I am not saying its bad but I didn't meet Jesus at the end of my meal.
No, not many. Not when you're talking about fast food franchises. Wendy's does fresh burgers I believe, but the service is always terrible and it's more expensive.

Reactions: GOHOX69
No, not many. Not when you're talking about fast food franchises. Wendy's does fresh burgers I believe, but the service is always terrible and it's more expensive.
Use the Wendys app brah. That's what poors like me do!

Meh. I’ve never been impressed with InO. I’ve eaten at them in LA, San Fran and Phoenix so I’ve given them multiple tries at multiple locations and been unimpressed. Now if Blake’s Lotaburger makes the transition from the Southwest or if Wards moves out of Mississippi or Milo’s out of Alabama then I’ll be excited.
If you're stuck on the west coast, it's a decent fast food burger. That's about it.

I don't get it either. Don't get me wrong it's a solid burger... but the fries aren't great. And, you can get a decent burger at a lot of places so I don't get the draw unless you've never had one before or live in Iowa and rarely get to experience one. Otherwise... it's just a solid burger.

If you're stuck on the west coast, it's a decent fast food burger. That's about it.

I agree with that as INO‘s best possible but still accurate statement. It doesn’t come close to matching any of the fast casual places like Shake Shack, Burger Fi, Company Burger, Grub Burger etc…. And I don’t think it’s better than Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr, Steak N Shake, Culver’s or Wendy’s let alone great local fast food chains like I previously mentioned (and more like Whataburger, Cook Out, P. Terry’s Burger Stands, etc…)

Reactions: goldmom
I like In N Out quite a bit, but if I'm in L.A. and I need a fast food burger, I prefer Fatburger. At either place, the fries are nothing to write home about.

I do wish both franchises had a presence in Atlanta. Fatburger was here a long time ago, but the service was beyond awful.

I agree with that as INO‘s best possible but still accurate statement. It doesn’t come close to matching any of the fast casual places like Shake Shack, Burger Fi, Company Burger, Grub Burger etc…. And I don’t think it’s better than Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr, Steak N Shake, Culver’s or Wendy’s let alone great local fast food chains like I previously mentioned (and more like Whataburger, Cook Out, P. Terry’s Burger Stands, etc…)
It's fast food, not casual like Shake Shack. It's half the price of shake shack. The others aren't on the west coast.
If you don't think it's better than Carl's Jr or Wendy's I can't help you.

No thank you, if I want a burger I'll just heat up the Foreman grill.

UncomfortableBossyFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

I have been to only one, at the Linq Promenade in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. It was around 2:30 in the morning, Friday night or Saturday morning. The place was packed and I noticed my wife and I were the oldest people there. It was darn good but I was hungry, also.
I looked them up just now and I see they are only open until 1:00 or 1:30 depending on the night. They must have trouble hiring people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
Had it tonight. Was good but getting a little pricey. Double-double, fries and x-lg drink was $10.60.

I tried Smash Burger for the first time last week. Great burger, but the burger alone was $10.99. I think Five Guys is more than In-N-Out too. Loved Five Guys back in the day (original NoVa locations), but they have gone downhill in a lot of locations. Inflation has set new standards for pricey.

Reactions: BelemNole
I tried Smash Burger for the first time last week. Great burger, but the burger alone was $10.99. I think Five Guys is more than In-N-Out too. Loved Five Guys back in the day (original NoVa locations), but they have gone downhill in a lot of locations. Inflation has set new standards for pricey.
I’ve always thought Smashburger and Five Guys were expensive.

Reactions: BelemNole
I don't eat McDonald's very often, but just checked out of curiosity. It was $9.29 pre-tax for a Big Mac, fries and drink. A buck more for In-N-Out is a no-brainer.
Oh yeah, for sure. Chipotle, Culver’s, Mod Pizza…any number of better options than McDonald’s.

Reactions: Gonolz
I like In N Out quite a bit, but if I'm in L.A. and I need a fast food burger, I prefer Fatburger. At either place, the fries are nothing to write home about.

I do wish both franchises had a presence in Atlanta. Fatburger was here a long time ago, but the service was beyond awful.

I wouldn't call Fatburger fast food :)

One of the few places where you can be the only one in the drive through and know it will take 10 minutes.

I typically order online about 10 minutes before I am going to get there....either a double or triple, extra mayo, extra onions....nothing else.

Used to work at one in Vegas for a few years, 15 or so years ago. Still love the burgers.

Burger is just as good as a more upscale at half the price.

I had it once a long time ago (Like about 15 years ago) and I'd consider it tier 2 in terms of fast food quality.

I wouldn't call Fatburger fast food :)

One of the few places where you can be the only one in the drive through and know it will take 10 minutes.

I typically order online about 10 minutes before I am going to get there....either a double or triple, extra mayo, extra onions....nothing else.

Used to work at one in Vegas for a few years, 15 or so years ago. Still love the burgers.

Burger is just as good as a more upscale at half the price.

I worked in Los Angeles for three months in the late 90s. The burger scene there is like nowhere else in the country.

Less than a mile from my apartment there was a Fatburger, In-n-Out, Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box and an Original Tommy's. There was a burger place I heard about where the waiters wore tuxedos and they brought your burger on a silver platter. I think it was Hamburger Hamlet but I never went there.

Any time I go to LA, I will go to In-n-Out and the original location of Original Tommy's at Beverly and Rampart. It is 24 hours and absolutely packed in the middle of the night.

This Late-Night Burger Is L.A.'s Secret Handshake | The Burger Show

Tommy's Original Double Chili Cheeseburger Copycat!

No trip to LA is complete without a stop at Philippe the Original for a French Dip

The Apple Pan is another legendary LA burger institution. I have never been there, despite trying several times. Once I went on a day it was closed and the other time it was packed and line was much too long.

The MOST ICONIC BURGER in Los Angeles | The Apple Pan

And McD's coke just hits different. I think they put meth in it or something.

I don't remember the specifics but McDonald's does a few things differently than everyone else with their Coca Cola and other sodas. If I remember correctly, they refrigerate the supply lines to the machines.

Edit - found these

Last edited:
Reactions: mnole03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT