ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Iowa Airport will have nonstop flights to games at OSU, Mich State & UCLA

I just returned from a Cedar Rapids to LAX flight a few days ago on Allegiant. If you're going to the UCLA game, a note of advice: LAX is undergoing MAJOR remodeling and reconstruction in preparation for LA hosting the 2028 summer Olympics. Until this mess began, I found LAX just about as easy to navigate as Cedar Rapids. But now . . .

Do your homework and be prepared for shuttle buses to transport you from one LAX terminal to another and for various other inconveniences of various degrees.

I plan to attend the UCLA game, but I'll have time to drive, so I won't be experiencing LAX again for a while . . . I hope. Those of you who do fly in, just don't be surprised by the situation. If you're ready for it, you'll be fine.

BTW: Offering these nonstop flights is great. Avoiding having to worry about making your connecting flight is why I fly Allegiant whenever possible.

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea on the surface. I remember my years flying out of CID and can only describe it as expensive with few options.

The only question is how many of these flights are there going to be and what will the fares be. If it's only 1-2 round trips with a commuter-sized jet each weekend, then it will help some people but is hardly worth it. If they gauge high demand for, say, Los Angeles, and are able to have several rounds trips (leaving Wed-Fri and returning Sat-Mon) and able to fill a 737 on each one, then it would be a great service and and might actually be fairly economical.

Reactions: kkhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT