ADVERTISEMENT

Echemendia visit

Probably not a violation but is pretty weird that an adult would tweet a kid and ask him to come over for dinner.

What exactly reinforces that money takes if he goes to PSU? The Inn is getting pretty full at Iowa so if he ends up at there does this suggest that money talks?
Where was Twitter mentioned? You can invite people to dinner in numerous ways, if so inclined.

And I don't do Twatter or Footbook, so I'm off the hook.

Reactions: el dub
What about a 20 year old? Plus AE looks more like a grown man than me and I’m over 40.

5b1b04b7980b91255ea4aedcda25149d.jpg

Crab legs - what is wrong with ISU recruiting? I think they get Alex due to Metcalf. But only so many jobs to hire a recruit’s family members and high school lineage to get kids. I am shocked at the inability for ISU to get kids. Clearly Metcalf and Derek are way over their skis. I hope they didn’t exhaust 7/11 and need to go to Quick Trip now for guys.

Crab legs - what is wrong with ISU recruiting? I think they get Alex due to Metcalf. But only so many jobs to hire a recruit’s family members and high school lineage to get kids. I am shocked at the inability for ISU to get kids. Clearly Metcalf and Derek are way over their skis. I hope they didn’t exhaust 7/11 and need to go to Quick Trip now for guys.
You are asking the wrong guy... @MitchLL can help you out! :D

I thought this was all settled back when some NitWit (PSU Fan) sent a tweet out to a prospect some time ago. It was decided here that it was creepy. Has that changed?

At a minimum they should be able to nab some of these Ft Dodge kids

Let's lighten up a bit folks. Echemendia was born September 10, 1999, he's 20 years old. Tweeting that he'd be a great Hawk is no big deal, as is making a joke about fixing him some Cuban food. Geez.
For the record, I don't care about Tweeting, yours or anybody else's. So carry on, especially if it works!;)

I am just shocked. I think Mitch would know better but there are like 4-5 in a row they totally missed. They have money and plenty of spots. Just weird. There is something wrong with that program.

I dunno, the team is currently ranked in the top 10 with 7 guys in the top 20. None of the ranked guys are seniors. Recruiting needs to pick up, but Metcalf and St John seem to be doing pretty well with this coaching thing so far. No need to hit the 7/11 again yet.

I dunno, the team is currently ranked in the top 10 with 7 guys in the top 20. None of the ranked guys are seniors. Recruiting needs to pick up, but Metcalf and St John seem to be doing pretty well with this coaching thing so far. No need to hit the 7/11 again yet.

I think KD is doing a solid job so far but that 7/11 comment he made was total bush league.

I like the likes, but he likes most responses to him. I can't put too much stock into that.

And I wonder if it's his announcement on the next visit.

The NCAA passed done regulation that you can’t hire a recruits family for three or four years.

I think Oklahoma State did it with Fix and ISU with Carr. They put the lavish to it though...

With all the ORS, and teams like Cornell/Rutgers/Michigan basically throwing in the towel for 2019/2020... It's probable that ISU finishes top 10 this season.

On the recruiting side, outside of Carr, it's been brutal. You'll have a hard time finding an objective Clone fan that's excited about the trajectory of recruiting. Even getting Facundo won't move the needle very much. And if he goes elsewhere... it's a disaster.

Probably not a violation but is pretty weird that an adult would tweet a kid and ask him to come over for dinner.

What exactly reinforces that money takes if he goes to PSU? The Inn is getting pretty full at Iowa so if he ends up at there does this suggest that money talks?

Yes, Iowa has a "full inn" of expensive recruits. There are 6 top 10 guys - Lee, Marinelli, Kemerer, Assad and Warner, with incoming recruit Kennedy. They have to be running low on funds.

PSU's "inn" only has 9 top ten guys - N Lee, Berge, Manville, Joseph, Hall, Brooks, Starocci with incoming Howard and Bartlett... plus a couple of guys just barely missing top 10 with RBY and Beard.

Good point.

Reactions: Gobblin
Yes, Iowa has a "full inn" of expensive recruits. There are 6 top 10 guys - Lee, Marinelli, Kemerer, Assad and Warner, with incoming recruit Kennedy. They have to be running low on funds.

PSU's "inn" only has 9 top ten guys - N Lee, Berge, Manville, Joseph, Hall, Brooks, Starocci with incoming Howard and Bartlett... plus a couple of guys just barely missing top 10 with RBY and Beard.

Good point.

Sure but for the class of 21, we are losing 3 of those guys plus DeSanto, Young and Happel.

Reactions: Gobblin

Good point.
Good point. We all know that Desanto, Lugo, and Cassiopi came for nothing.

Reactions: rassling
Qué bueno! Después de leer estos mensajes, está claro que varios aficionados de Iowa hablan bien español. Echemendia tiene que sentir bienvenido en Iowa City con tanta gente que habla su idioma fluidamente!

Now you're just showing off! (I have no idea how to translate that!) o_O

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Hombre, vives en Argentina! Claro que entiendes todo y que puedes traducir.

Por cierto, espero que todo vaya bien allí y que puedas volver a Minneapolis pars ver el campeonato de los Hawks!

I think the Dance instructor for his kids must speak Spanish...............he had to learn..............
images

Qué bueno! Después de leer estos mensajes, está claro que varios aficionados de Iowa hablan bien español. Echemendia tiene que sentir bienvenido en Iowa City con tanta gente que habla su idioma fluidamente!

Claro que si!

Todo el mundo habla Espanol, no?

Does this mean that he is not taking that fifth official visit and knows where he wants to be?

Or do you guys think he is just having some fun and will announce visit #5 tomorrow?

I am the worst the forecaster in history, so I won't jinx anything by making a prediction; but I will say that I hope it Black & Gold tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarpHawk
Not really I just like food! Lol. HE will be welcome with open arms in aunque el bravo abierto en español e ingles . Still learning I wish I had started this back in the 80’s :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT