ADVERTISEMENT

Echemendia visit

Well it is NLI day so who knows, he said Nov. 20th he will make a choice. Cael schedule is busy this weekend so maybe Friday at state college?

Reactions: fronk71
If we do have a shot at his commitment it will be a big bonus and I think his relationship with Ybarra will be a big factor.
Also believe the Hawks were very genuine in their relationship with him....... both coaches and team mates treated him like family and it didn't look like a regular visit when he was here. Let's hope another win for the good guys:)

Guess is that he is going to ASU. He got enough visits to cold weather places to find out all he needs to know. He didn't need another one

Crab - how would that go over in the ISU room if he went to ISU and Dresser took him? If I recall Gomez and maybe others went after him pretty good. I assume all would be forgotten?! I don’t think he is going there but just wondering in your opinion how that would work if he did.

Crab - how would that go over in the ISU room if he went to ISU and Dresser took him? If I recall Gomez and maybe others went after him pretty good. I assume all would be forgotten?! I don’t think he is going there but just wondering in your opinion how that would work if he did.

Our local expert on this subject has stated clearly that he's burned the bridge with ISU so it isn't happening.

Reactions: tigerguy_
Spooner - love your sarcasm. Perfect. But I guarantee with how ISU is doing recruiting that bridge would be rebuilt in less than a minute. Besides maybe getting Alex they have struck out the side recruiting the last couple years (absent legacy with hiring Dad). I don’t get it.

Spooner - love your sarcasm. Perfect. But I guarantee with how ISU is doing recruiting that bridge would be rebuilt in less than a minute. Besides maybe getting Alex they have struck out the side recruiting the last couple years (absent legacy with hiring Dad). I don’t get it.

There's no sarcasm. When @tigerguy_ speaks, you listen.

Why did you change your handle, Mitch?

(This posted in a different thread for some odd reason..)
Me trying to figure out where he's going to wind up...
c297b016a8f89ff41de0c5d79555a32e.jpg

Reactions: Knight563
Oh thought you were talking about Crab on that. Not Mitch. Notice I didn’t branch into Minnesota. So can’t be Mitch.

I don't know ... I sort of feel like he will announce for the Hawks. I think Iowa is that no frills program ... just nose-to-the-grind team
Several people are saying that. Maybe I’m too hopeful, but he was going to have 5 visits. After visiting Iowa he decides he doesn’t need the fifth visit. Sounds encouraging to me!
I have nothing to go on either ... just the few pics of him during his visit. For some reason my gut is telling me he will pick the Hawks. Just something about the photos (can't pinpoint it ...) and then of course being friends with Jesse Y ... And he seems like a kid who appreciates just going to work every day ... He just seems like a great fit for the Iowa program ...

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I don't know ... I sort of feel like he will announce for the Hawks. I think Iowa is that no frills program ... just nose-to-the-grind team

I have nothing to go on either ... just the few pics of him during his visit. For some reason my gut is telling me he will pick the Hawks. Just something about the photos (can't pinpoint it ...) and then of course being friends with Jesse Y ... And he seems like a kid who appreciates just going to work every day ... He just seems like a great fit for the Iowa program ...
There are good people everywhere, recruiting pictures are what they are, a moment in time as part of the process, always with other recruits. I wouldn't read anything into any of that ( I realize you specified a gut feeling in this case).

I would hope these kids have fun everywhere they go, places with plenty of similarities that ultimately need to be dissected and find the best scenario for them (at the time, since that can change over time too). Anyway, I don't know if he comes to Iowa or not, if so great, if not he isn't the first and won't be the last that chose elsewhere. A lot to consider for everyone involved.

There are good people everywhere, recruiting pictures are what they are, a moment in time as part of the process, always with other recruits. I wouldn't read anything into any of that ( I realize you specified a gut feeling in this case).
Agree 100 ... As you noted ... I only shared my "gut feeling." Just seems like a good match (him + Iowa)

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
1. He has now tweeted twice using the "eyes" icon. IMO that means its down to the Hawkeyes and the Buckeyes. My gut feeling is Ohis St is so desperate for some good luck at this point the kid probably is getting a key to the city. But to play devils advocate im sure Jaydin coming to Iowa City is a pretty big deal to him too. Momentum is contagious..

2. Tigerguy is as good of a cyclone insider as we have on these boards. If he says the bridge has burned...believe him.

1. He has now tweeted twice using the "eyes" icon. IMO that means its down to the Hawkeyes and the Buckeyes. My gut feeling is Ohis St is so desperate for some good luck at this point the kid probably is getting a key to the city. But to play devils advocate im sure Jaydin coming to Iowa City is a pretty big deal to him too. Momentum is contagious..

2. Tigerguy is as good of a cyclone insider as we have on these boards. If he says the bridge has burned...believe him.

all of the cyclone insiders thought they lost xavier foster to iowa too. That tells me they aren’t insiders at all.

all of the cyclone insiders thought they lost xavier foster to iowa too. That tells me they aren’t insiders at all.

You cant compare wrestling with basketball or football boards.

BTW Im happy ISU got him. Hes completely overrated and such a soft player. He will be lucky to have Woodbury's career. Most of my Clone friends didnt want him either. It wont be a big deal when we look back a few years from now.

If he was a wrestler he would be John Meeks. Lucky they get more than 9.9 for a basketball team and ya only really need 7-8 players so he wont set the program back.

You cant compare wrestling with basketball or football boards.

BTW Im happy ISU got him. Hes completely overrated and such a soft player. He will be lucky to have Woodbury's career. Most of my Clone friends didnt want him either. It wont be a big deal when we look back a few years from now.

If he was a wrestler he would be John Meeks. Lucky they get more than 9.9 for a basketball team and ya only really need 7-8 players so he wont set the program back.

Not to go all basketball on the board but me and some buddies agreed that he didn’t pass the eye test, but you can’t teach an athletic 7 footer. A lot of room for improvement.

Reactions: Ihawkd9times
ADVERTISEMENT