ADVERTISEMENT

Echemendia visit

He would have been a good addition, but hard to fit all our quality wrestlers and recruits at 141-57 in the lineup. It also sounds like he wants to start ASAP. Scholarship money probably better spent at a different weight as we likely have quite a bit of $ tied up at those weights already.

Yea, this sucks and wish him well. While he might be ready to go, the plan is to wrestle him at 57. Dude wrestled 65kg this summer so sounds kind of iffy.

Reactions: Czech Hawk
If he does get eligible, where does he fit in at 157 nationally.

Seems to me he’s a definite AA contender if not a title contender.

TOSU already has Pletcher, Sasso, and Moore who are title contenders. A 4th makes them really interesting, although I’m not sure if enough to get in the mix with Iowa and PSU. Probably makes them a clear 3rd.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Bummer. Kids a beast on his feet. Would have been great even just to have in the room.

If he does get eligible, where does he fit in at 157 nationally.

Seems to me he’s a definite AA contender if not a title contender.

TOSU already has Pletcher, Sasso, and Moore who are title contenders. A 4th makes them really interesting, although I’m not sure if enough to get in the mix with Iowa and PSU. Probably makes them a clear 3rd.
In my mind, if he goes right away at 57, he's the favorite.
Unless guys elect to put him down when it's their choice, nobody is beating this kid on is feet.
He's just a monster and CP was even saying he was beating senior level guys in the room.
I'm just glad psu didn't land him.

PSU would have not been ideal at all. He would have plugged a relative hole this year and probably next at 149. With Kirkvlet gone this probably doesn't hurt our chances of a title the next 2 years. It also probably increases our chances of landing Gallagher and or Sokol.

I guess we can't be sure until he puts on a singlet and until he doesn't transfer next year that he doesn't see the PSU lineup in 2020 or 2021.

Good get and certainly expected Tan Tom to throw out a great package for him . Best of luck to him.
Now its Interesting because of local recruiting in Ohio and will be Interesting to see how it goes now.

I'm guessing he and Jaydin would be same international weight, same with he and Zain so a bit of RTC conflict here and PSU. fosu is iffy at 157 with Hayes possibly banged up again. I don't see Sasso as a full 157 this year and his length at 149 would go away at 157. I think AE goes 157 and Sasso 149. I think 141 was thrown out on occasion with AE but he looks like he would have a heck of a time holding 141 especially with folkstyle weigh in rules, also that would make Pletch have to try and drop to 133 again and he would likely be less than pleased at that thought.

A guy on another forum who is from AZ and has indicated he might have more trouble than people think (see below). Who knows. Victor V did wrestle him to 10-4 in the Fargo final after being down 8-0 after 1. Probably somewhere in between sure fire champ and really going to struggle, lol. At least it's not PSU.

"He's really going to struggle. I don't know why everybody is hyping him up so much. He has potential to be good, but keep in mind he was having very close matches with Arizona high school kids. If it were PA or some other powerhouse state that would be different, but let's face it, AZ is maybe a top 20 state and that's being pretty generous IMO. He's going to find college wrestling a lot tougher than blowing out high school kids he's 7 years older than. His best win in high school was against a D2 commit who as much as I liked him as a wrestler, is a pretty median D2 recruit. Also it's going to be a challenge for him academically. So I wouldn't bank on Ohio State, or wherever he does end up, counting on him to produce anything right away or maybe ever."

Last edited:
Not saying you are wrong, but if any school can get him in, it’s OSU. And he will prolly get a signing bonus too.

Back in October 2012, when Cardele Jones was a backup on the Ohio State football team, he tweeted, "Why should we have to go to class if we come here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS."

I might add he later graduated.

Victor V is a heavy OSU (cowboys) lean with Cornell/PSU in the background.

I'm optimistic about Paddy G, especially with Echemendia or Sasso filling 157 for the Bucks.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Good get, but am I wrong in that I feel tOSU has lost or are losing losing their momentum and Iowa is kinda challenging for the top spot again? We get Paddy and another top ten 125 soon. I think we’re good for a few years. I’m not happy about losing him, but it’s not a make or break recruit. I’m a little pissed, but he was thrown some scholarship love. Can’t blame the kid.

In my mind, if he goes right away at 57, he's the favorite.
Unless guys elect to put him down when it's their choice, nobody is beating this kid on is feet.
He's just a monster and CP was even saying he was beating senior level guys in the room.
I'm just glad psu didn't land him.

The favorite to win the NCAAs? He wrestled in the mid 140s last month. He’d be giving up a lot of weight.

The favorite to win the NCAAs? He wrestled in the mid 140s last month. He’d be giving up a lot of weight.

I could jump on that bandwagon at 41 if things go right academically, socially and he picks up mat wrestling real quick. I would have liked an adjustment period for him had he gone to Iowa...have him get his feet wet with some classes and train over the summer but Tan Tom is going to throw him out there right away. Perhaps he wrestles 57 this year and swaps with Sasso for next year.

Hope he doesn't end up like Meeks especially if he is going to wrestle up a weight and hasn't acclimated to college yet. If he wrestled next semester I think it demonstrates Tom's willingness to field a contender now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT