ADVERTISEMENT

Economy destroys expectations and adds 272,000 jobs in May

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't see Hitman's post as being intended as an anti gay slur then there's little point in me continuing this conversation with you.
Ok that’s hitman, so because he does that to you, you think it’s ok to talk shit about me and my straight flag?
You cry about rights that were changed years ago and cry because they could go back to how they once were.
Shit changes in this world all the time unfairly, people go through shit much worse than what you’re dealing with.
Yet your group of people say they want to be treated the same and coexist yet here you are pissing and moaning about me having a straight pride flag as my avatar.
Doesn’t sound like you want to be treated the same at all. You want to be put on a pedestal.

Reactions: Scruddy
I'm just trying to understand why we need a month long celebration because a portion of society likes to have their willy in a brownie, or likes another Willie in theirs?

What exactly is the celebration about that you need a whole month for it?
It's to normalize us. How are you not getting this? If we truly were accepted, which this thread has proven we still are not, there would be no need for Pride. Want Pride gone? Cut out the bullshit and stop with the hate.

Fulltime jobs are staying steady. Where are you getting this idea they are drying up?

Consider this: the BLS reports that in May 2024, the US had 133.3 million full-time jobs and 28.0 million part-time jobs. Well, that's great... until you look back one year and find that in May 2023 the US had 134.4 million full-time jobs, or more than a million jobs than it does one year later! And yes, all the job growth since then has been in part-time jobs, which have increased by more than 1.5 million since May 2023 (from 26.493 million to 28.004 million).

Here is another visualization of the labor composition in the past year: 1.2 million full-time jobs have been lost, replaced by 1.5 million part time jobs!

And here is just May: more of the same as 625K full-time jobs were lost in one month, replaced by 286K part-time.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Here's the problem with Mr. Insecure's argument in this thread. Our rights are in no way protected. Gay marriage has only been national for a decade whereas straight people have been able to get married for the entire existence of this country. But Insecure Boy

It's to normalize us. How are you not getting this? If we truly were accepted, which this thread has proven we still are not, there would be no need for Pride. Want Pride gone? Cut out the bullshit and stop with the hate.
Wait I thought you just wanted to live your life and be left alone? Why do you need anyone else's acceptance for that?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Consider this: the BLS reports that in May 2024, the US had 133.3 million full-time jobs and 28.0 million part-time jobs. Well, that's great... until you look back one year and find that in May 2023 the US had 134.4 million full-time jobs, or more than a million jobs than it does one year later! And yes, all the job growth since then has been in part-time jobs, which have increased by more than 1.5 million since May 2023 (from 26.493 million to 28.004 million).

Here is another visualization of the labor composition in the past year: 1.2 million full-time jobs have been lost, replaced by 1.5 million part time jobs!

And here is just May: more of the same as 625K full-time jobs were lost in one month, replaced by 286K part-time.

Lots and lots of people as retiring or semi retiring which is a great thing for them and it helps keep unemployment low. This is a strong economy no matter how you try to spin it.

Well I’m trying to normalize the straight white male like myself. Becoming a dying breed.

This is less than a 1% change. And that's from the absolute high. You're only proving my point that fulltime employment is holding steady if you're only counter is that we've been hovering between 132m and 134m fulltime jobs for years now.

Oh look! Another endangered straight white male! Lol. You guys should be happy. More beef curtains for you.

They probably aren't even getting that. Lots of likely incels in this thread.

I wouldn’t doubt it. I’d wager I was much better at being a man than they are—-at least when it came to women.

Inb4 “you’re still a man!”
“We just want to be treated fairly”.

I'm just trying to understand why we need a month long celebration because a portion of society likes to have their willy in a brownie, or likes another Willie in theirs?

Veterans get a day
Mothers get a day
Father's get a day

But for this we need a month?
Seriously, grow up.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole

Veterans get a day
Mothers get a day
Father's get a day

Lol... weren't you in the military?

Reactions: mjtommy

Veterans get a day
Mothers get a day
Father's get a day

Veterans get two months. May and November.

May is National Military Appreciation month.

And November is National Veterans and Military Families month.

Time to raise interest rates again,... thanks Joe.

Now do unemployment rate, participation rate and how many of those jobs are government jobs you ****ing putz?! 🤡 🥳💩🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Losers at even trying to spin this. ⬆️
Why do you ALWAYS have to go 6 paragraphs deep to find the truth in every article?

At the same time, the unemployment rate rose to 4%, the first time it has breached that level since January 2022. The increase came even though the labor force participation rate decreased to 62.5%, down 0.2 percentage point. However, the survey of households used to compute the unemployment rate showed that the level of people who reported holding jobs fell by 408,000.
Baby boomers retiring account for about half a million less American job holders per month.
Do people really care if more jobs are created. I’m pretty sure most legal citizens that are going to work and not be a drain already have jobs.
I’d be excited if this was an article about the cost of goods going down to reasonable prices.
I bought a pack of two 9 volt batteries yesterday to replace a dead battery in a smoke detector and it cost $10. lol what a joke.
That’s like an hours worth of work on my janitor pay. Just for two batteries.
Be thankful that you are in America then:

blog_inflation_world_10-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
Odd first I've heard if it... but it's on Wikipedia so it must be true

USO a good enough source?

Reactions: Tom Paris
USO a good enough source?

WOW! As a son and grandson of military veterans, I knew this. Nice job, @KFsdisciple 😂

Veterans get a day
Mothers get a day
Father's get a day

How does it hurt you? Seriously, why give a shit? This affects me in no way whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT