ADVERTISEMENT

Ed Morrow to

Marquette used to be a powerhouse. They used to get a lot of Chicago kids who wanted to get out of the city.

Marquette

Good for Morrow glad he didn't go to that school west of Iowa City. You got to think with Wojo at Marquette and Collins at N'western those 2 are almost auditioning for Duke job once coach K leaves with how they do with their respective programs.

Reactions: unIowa
Good for Morrow glad he didn't go to that school west of Iowa City. You got to think with Wojo at Marquette and Collins at N'western those 2 are almost auditioning for Duke job once coach K leaves with how they do with their respective programs.
Tough gig following the legend though.......

Took a while to get to Nick Saban, didn't it?

Back to Ed Morrow, why did he leave Nebraska?

Morrow was being asked to play almost exclusively under the basket and wanted to develop his outside game so that he would have a chance to play at the next level. Nebraska was also playing a guard oriented offense which was not putting the ball in Morrow's hands enough.

Morrow was not going to play in the NBA as a PF with no outside game and so he moved on to hopefully play as a SF elsewhere.

Morrow was being asked to play almost exclusively under the basket and wanted to develop his outside game so that he would have a chance to play at the next level. Nebraska was also playing a guard oriented offense which was not putting the ball in Morrow's hands enough.

Morrow was not going to play in the NBA as a PF with no outside game and so he moved on to hopefully play as a SF elsewhere.
Thanks. I think he would've looked pretty good as a Hawkeye, too. :D

Took a while to get to Nick Saban, didn't it?

Back to Ed Morrow, why did he leave Nebraska?

Morrow is never playing in the NBA. His game and size combo just isn't going to work for him. Really good college play but I don't see a paying future in the NBA there.

Morrow is never playing in the NBA. His game and size combo just isn't going to work for him. Really good college play but I don't see a paying future in the NBA there.
I agree with you. I just remember in his recruitment it came down to Iowa and Nebraska.

Just a hypothetical, but I wonder had he come to Iowa would his future have been the same (I.e., transfer after 2years).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT