ADVERTISEMENT

Eh , I thought Canada won the gold in cv19 spread?

They near a “mere“ 1000 cases daily average, get worried, so are trying to put a stop to it = failure? Their last 7 day numbers look like Iowa’s.....

Sure, but USA and Iowa are terrible comparisons as we bring it in the rear with cv19. China doing a hell of a lot better than Canada in per capita spread these days.

Last edited:
India has been at 100,000 daily cases for about two weeks now. Most European countries are even on the rise except one Sweden.
Sweden-vs-EU-768x551.png

Reactions: hawkeye54545
While common sense says China’s numbers aren’t accurate , what if they are? Would that be a case to usher in China’s communist party to take control here? I suppose they will sooner or later.

As is typically the case, the breathless headline is a ridiculous take on reality. To put it into perspective, if Iowa had Canada’s numbers right now there the daily case average would be 83. And deaths would be at about four per week.

Some spike...

As is typically the case, the breathless headline is a ridiculous take on reality. To put it into perspective, if Iowa has Canada’s numbers right now there the daily case average would be 83. And deaths would be at about four per week.

Some spike...
well the article was on CNN which I did intentionally

And that is my point... can we still look to Canada to be 5 moves ahead of the US on COVID control? They have been touted as the best of the best for a while now

So now China is gospel in their reporting? At least Canada had a 3-4 month break. We've been a f'ing dumpster fire since March in this country.
That's because we have 10x the population of Canada and we tend to travel more.

What happened Canada? You were supposed to be the COVID North Star, showing the USA how dumb we are in comparison. Blame Canada.

I think it must be all the Americans crossing the border into the great white North. Err... wait a minute. Never mind. :)

It may just be that you can't stop a virus.

Elect Biden and you'll get your wish.

I hear that Biden has been in politics for close to fifty years and has even been Vice President. The ads I see claim he has not done much to fix race relations or help minorities in that time. Now all of a sudden he is going to turn us into China? Which is it? Has Biden been ineffective while in Washington or is he going to completely change America by letting China take over?

All of these charges by Trump get a little confusing, but that is what happens when you stand in front of people and make it up as you go along. Glad to see you are thinking for yourself.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
US cases up 15% in the past two weeks. This is the fall spike that was feared with all the kids and young adults who have returned to school.

If you bang OP's mom you may catch the dumb.

I'm not saying Canada has played the Covid-crisis correctly, but if you go purely by the numbers, they're fairing much much better than we are. We can only dream of reaching the spike numbers they're currently encountering.

I think what is clear when you look at these numbers and where is that this virus is gonna move through a population eventually and all we do with these measures is change the time course of when that is.

Look at Sweden, Canada, GB, and the way this virus seems to be moving east to West in the US.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
ADVERTISEMENT