El Paso vs Martha’s Vineyard

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
Methinks you're right here ihhawk.....YOU do fail to understand what Abbot has done here! Abbot has moved these (Venezuelan) immigrants from Texas to Massachusetts....and these folks (legal as they are asylum refugees) are scheduled for asylum hearing in California NEXT month......How will they be able to get from Massachusetts to California for their hearings? They won't....at which time these immigrants will become "illegal" because they missed their hearing date.
Boy.....Abbot sure "got the libs" with that one, didn't he? Bet you're proud.
How were they getting from Texas to California?

also, 60% are rejected for asylum but Biden doesn’t deport them now unless they are criminals

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk

ANYCHawk

HR Legend
Nov 13, 2007
What is sick and twisted about sending these people to those who loudly proclaim their willingness and desire to render aid and comfort?
If DeSantis was charging these folks for the ride I guess you could call it human trafficking, but he isn’t. He’s taking them to self proclaimed sanctuaries for people in their plight.
How is that disgusting?
Well when you said we are going to send you to X and then send them to Y.....

Well when you fly people in the middle of the night with no warning

well when you treat people like cattle

trippnschmidt

HR All-American
Dec 11, 2003
By getting them out of Martha vineyard the next day. Lmao
Absolutely. They needed to be put somewhere that could handle this unfortunate situation and they did it quickly and effectively. Too bad they didn't have a chance to be more prepared.

Reactions: torbee

seminole97

HR Legend
Jun 14, 2005
This was a political stunt pure and simple. It's good see the MV Vineyard folks doing what they can to try to help an unfortunate situation.
Yeah, they called in the national guard to put them on buses and get them the hell out of MV.
Good to see?

Fcu1uNuWYAAsE54

• Haha
Reactions: Gimmered

Gus is dead

HR All-State
Aug 14, 2022
Again, further proof that the GOP and their voters aren't interested in governing any longer, just trolling. People like Desantis have realized this and nearly everything he does now is aimed at trolling because that's what gets morons like you and OP to support him.
Who isn’t interested in governing? This wouldn’t be necessary if Biden would lead. Corpse in Chief needs to close the border. Period.

Oct 25, 2020
You fail to understand what the true issue is. The political stunt still hasn’t sunk in for you guys.

El Paso has a population of 680,000. With 1000 to 1300 people coming in every day that means 360,000 immigrants are coming through there every year. If you read the article or watch news clipping a of El Paso, the folks are living on the streets waiting to take a bus somewhere.

You even have the democrat mayor chartering busses to get people out of the city.

It is a huge problem that has been created and it get zero media coverage until 50 are sent to Martha Vineyard and liberals lose their minds
They didn’t lose their minds of 50 people that’s where you’re a fvkcing idiot. They’re pissed off that the desantis lead fvckery called fox news rather than letting Martha’s Vineyard know they were sending people. Martha’s Vineyard helped the people just fine and now are getting them to temporary housing. It just would have been easier if they got a heads up.

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
They didn’t lose their minds of 50 people that’s where you’re a fvkcing idiot. They’re pissed off that the desantis lead fvckery called fox news rather than letting Martha’s Vineyard know they were sending people. Martha’s Vineyard helped the people just fine and now are getting them to temporary housing. It just would have been easier if they got a heads up.
If only the folks of El Paso had such luxuries

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
Like being a border town and knowing you will have to deal with everything that comes with it
The facilities there aren’t built to handle the number of people coming. The cnn article said that the processing center is at double capacity. Double. They asking reported that DHS is dropping off people at the bus station with nothing.

Are you happy with that?

Oct 25, 2020
The facilities there aren’t built to handle the number of people coming. The cnn article said that the processing center is at double capacity. Double. They asking reported that DHS is dropping off people at the bus station with nothing.

Are you happy with that?
I didn’t say I was. They’ve got programs in place that are being strained and will have to get more help but flying people to other cities, lying to the people about where they are going, and not letting the city know they are coming is not ok, it’s fvcking with human lives.

Reactions: RileyHawk

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
I didn’t say I was. They’ve got programs in place that are being strained and will have to get more help but flying people to other cities, lying to the people about where they are going, and not letting the city know they are coming is not ok, it’s fvcking with human lives.
Human lives you say….you guys didn’t care before Martha’s Vineyard. It absolutely highlighted the hypocrisy of the left

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
Who isn’t interested in governing? This wouldn’t be necessary if Biden would lead. Corpse in Chief needs to close the border. Period.
Oh look, another 'new guy' with a hot take.
What does 'close the border' mean to you? How do you keep people out along a 6000 mile long border? Or are you only concerned with the 2000 miles along the southern border - because brown people? And does closed mean no more asylum seekers? Or just no more brown asylum seekers from the south? Are you willing to jail the big ag owners in your state for employing undocumented workers?

Reactions: 3boysmom

IACub

HR Legend
Sep 25, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Well, El Paso makes for a much better Marty Robbins song. "Out in the east Massachusetts town of Martha's Vineyard, I fell in love with a millionaire's mistress," just doesn't roll off the tongue.

RileyHawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2002
Human lives you say….you guys didn’t care before Martha’s Vineyard. It absolutely highlighted the hypocrisy of the left
That's because this is the first time, that we know of, that immigrants have been lured with lies and the communities they are going to have not been informed.

The people of MV are to be commended for welcoming these people and then arranging so quickly to get them to a facility that can better handle their needs.

AreWeCross

All-Conference
May 2, 2022
I agree. But it's sick what DeSantis and Abbott are doing. They show us constantly they don't give a damn about others. This was a sick thing to do. Help solve a problem. Don't be an asshole using families as your plaything.
I don't like using humans as pawns either. Sincerely, have you heard any solutions come from anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated

Gus is dead

HR All-State
Aug 14, 2022
Oh look, another 'new guy' with a hot take.
What does 'close the border' mean to you? How do you keep people out along a 6000 mile long border? Or are you only concerned with the 2000 miles along the southern border - because brown people? And does closed mean no more asylum seekers? Or just no more brown asylum seekers from the south? Are you willing to jail the big ag owners in your state for employing undocumented workers?
Not a new guy. Old guy with a necessary new screen name.

I’m willing to create a system that substantially increases legal immigration to meet the labor needs of our country. I’m not even close to against ‘brown people’. I’m for allowing in anyone that wants to work. Nearly all of these immigrants want simply that. They don’t want handout. They want to earn a living to support their families here (and back home) without fear of political persecution, crime and the poverty that exists in their home countries. Where I’m employed we see immigrants nearly daily. Fact of the matter, immigrants have a FAR better work ethic than probably half of US citizens. I welcome them.

BUT, we need a system where the border is closed and all that want to come here may do so in an expedited and organized way. Including some method of tracking them citizenship and an ultimate oath to citizenship if they desire. I’d require them to meet certain criteria though. Learn English in at least a rudimentary way, hold a job for a specified period and stay out of legal trouble.

Currently I fear the uncontrolled influx, the drug and human trafficking that often accompanies a small portion of these illegal border crossers and the chance that we are letting in bad actors. I know we can meet the needs of immigrants and do it in a much better way. Having a wide open border that encourages payments to coyotes, unsafe treks in the desert with children in tow and masses of people that descend on a very select number of US cities isn’t the way to do this. If the best way to meet the needs of these immigrants crossing under our flawed system is to bus them to sanctuary cities, so be it. If this secondarily is a call to action from a federal level, even better.

As far as how to control the border? Fences, electronics, drones, cameras, or whatever makes sense in certain areas. Nothing will be perfect but damn sure that we can get to much better. We certainly have the ability to.

• Haha

Joes Place

HR King
Aug 28, 2003

I’m willing to create a system that substantially increases legal immigration to meet the labor needs of our country. I’m not even close to against ‘brown people’. I’m for allowing in anyone that wants to work. Nearly all of these immigrants want simply that. They don’t want handout. They want to earn a living to support their families here (and back home) without fear of political persecution, crime and the poverty that exists in their home countries. Where I’m employed we see immigrants nearly daily. Fact of the matter, immigrants have a FAR better work ethic than probably half of US citizens. I welcome them.

BUT, we need a system where the border is closed and all that want to come here may do so in an expedited and organized way. Including some method of tracking them citizenship and an ultimate oath to citizenship if they desire. I’d require them to meet certain criteria though. Learn English in at least a rudimentary way, hold a job for a specified period and stay out of legal trouble.

Currently I fear the uncontrolled influx, the drug and human trafficking that often accompanies a small portion of these illegal border crossers and the chance that we are letting in bad actors. I know we can meet the needs of immigrants and do it in a much better way. Having a wide open border that encourages payments to coyotes, unsafe treks in the desert with children in tow and masses of people that descend on a very select number of US cities isn’t the way to do this. If the best way to meet the needs of these immigrants crossing under our flawed system is to bus them to sanctuary cities, so be it. If this secondarily is a call to action from a federal level, even better.

As far as how to control the border? Fences, electronics, drones, cameras, or whatever makes sense in certain areas. Nothing will be perfect but damn sure that we can get to much better. We certainly have the ability to.
The thing is, as I understand it these were people who had entered the US legally and asked for asylum, and were awaiting their cases to be heard.

FL and TX governors' groups lured them from the centers they were housed in, to illegally move to another state AND filled out paperwork for them that would have REQUIRED them to report to immigration centers in other cities and states next week Monday AM, or face immediate deportation.

No matter where you stand on "legal immigration", that is defrauding people and is wrong. And it should be criminally punished.

BelemNole

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002

Gosh, who would have guessed that you’re just a new screen name? I’m shocked I tell you. You want immigration reform? Great, stop electing xenophopes who paint them all as rapists and murders.

Reactions: Joes Place

Gus is dead

HR All-State
Aug 14, 2022
The thing is, as I understand it these were people who had entered the US legally and asked for asylum, and were awaiting their cases to be heard.

FL and TX governors' groups lured them from the centers they were housed in, to illegally move to another state AND filled out paperwork for them that would have REQUIRED them to report to immigration centers in other cities and states next week Monday AM, or face immediate deportation.

No matter where you stand on "legal immigration", that is defrauding people and is wrong. And it should be criminally punished.
Well many of the news personalities that have interviewed these folks paints a different picture.

Fond me a video interview that shows one of these immigrants that suggests they were defrauded and I’ll take a look. All the ones I have seen suggest the opposite.

• Haha

Gus is dead

HR All-State
Aug 14, 2022
Gosh, who would have guessed that you’re just a new screen name? I’m shocked I tell you. You want immigration reform? Great, stop electing xenophopes who paint them all as rapists and murders.
Ok. DeSantis has my vote. I’m not aware he has made any such comparison.

The new screen name was out of necessity as the other one was no longer available to me to sign in and post. I’ll leave it at that. Maybe you’ll figure me out. Or maybe you won’t. But my old one is a screen name you’d probably recognize. Not Prime or W. Bonney though.

Huey Grey

HR King
Jan 15, 2013
I keep hearing this stunt was ok, because it is sparking a conversation. So?...where is that conversation supposed to go? Will Rs sit down with the Dems to compromise over asylum? Will Rs agree to legislation that explicitly bans what DeSantis just did and support criminal charges for any governor acting this way? Rs started this. What's your gameplan here? You just can't do something like this and not have serious and adult plans to work with the Democrats after.

Reactions: eb05