ADVERTISEMENT

El Paso vs Martha’s Vineyard

Martha's Vineyard isn't a sanctuary city.
It’s not a city.
It’s a destination.

We played this game earlier in another thread.

You try to pretend a ‘sanctuary city’ doesn’t mean the same thing as a ‘sanctuary destination’.

PBS didn’t get the memo in time. ****ed that spin all up:

Martha's Vineyard has styled itself as a "sanctuary destination" that welcomes migrants — a position it took early in former President Donald Trump's administration.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/florida-flies-migrants-to-sanctuary-destination-of-marthas-vineyard

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
It’s not a city.
It’s a destination.

You try to pretend a ‘sanctuary city’ doesn’t mean the same thing as a ‘sanctuary destination’.

PBS didn’t get the memo in time. ****ed that spin all up:

Martha's Vineyard has styled itself as a "sanctuary destination" that welcomes migrants — a position it took early in former President Donald Trump's administration.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/florida-flies-migrants-to-sanctuary-destination-of-marthas-vineyard
You just want to herd people under false pretense like they are cattle and pretend it is a good christian family value.

Reactions: Joes Place
It’s not a city.
It’s a destination.

WTF do legal asylum seekers have to do with "sanctuary cities" or "sanctuary destinations"?

It's frigging Catholic charities helping out these (mainly Christian AND Catholic) asylum seekers!
Is the Catholic Church now a "sanctuary religion"?

Perhaps MAGAs should start banning the Catholic church and start threatening to bomb Catholic churches like they are Children's Hospitals.

Last edited:
I think it’s ok because the “sanctuaries’ want them and I take them at their word that they do. They’re not hypocrites, and we should send all of them there for them to handle since they want it done this way.

What part of "asylum seekers" MOSTLY go to cities where they have other family or relatives is confusing for you? NONE of them have family/support structures in the places DeSantis and Abbott are sending them. Are you capable of understanding how immoral and sadistic that is?

Reactions: RileyHawk
You just want to herd people under false pretense like they are cattle and pretend it is a good christian family value.
Pivot!

Welp, I’m not a Christian, so I wouldn’t know a ‘good Christian family value’ from a ‘good Muslim family value’ like honor killing, or a ‘good Buddhist family value’ like asking why you’re not a doctor like your cousin.

I want these people to go to the ‘sanctuaries‘ that want them.
Do the ‘sanctuaries’ just pretend to want them until the moment they actually show up?

Then why are you condoning DeSantis and Abbott sending them to places THOUSANDS OF MILES from the areas they have actual family and connections (charities who ARE READY to receive them?).

Is there a reason you think that is humane or "funny"?

Pivot!

Welp, I’m not a Christian, so I wouldn’t know a ‘good Christian family value’ from a ‘good Muslim family value’ like honor killing, or a ‘good Buddhist family value’ like asking why you’re not a doctor like your cousin.

Do the ‘sanctuaries’ just pretend to want them until the moment they actually show up?
Are you OK with lying to them about where they are going? Lying to them about their ability to get expedited work papers? Transporting them in secret so there's no ability to prepare by the receiving community?

Reactions: Joes Place
Are you OK with lying to them about where they are going? Lying to them about their ability to get expedited work papers? Transporting them in secret so there's no ability to prepare by the receiving community?
And..... silence. LOL

Really, they just want Biden to do his job and protect the border. That should be job one of our government.
By lying and transporting people to places they don't want to go against their will?

How does that solve anything?

ADVERTISEMENT