ADVERTISEMENT

Elementary school shooting in TX

"A school official initially clarified to ABC News that the shooting took place off campus, and that Robb Elementary School was under lockdown."
I can appreciate wanting to get news out first, but isnt there some sort of journalistic responsibility to make reasonable efforts to give clear/correct info?

Obviously it's early so who knows of the first reports are true. But it is being reported this guy was chased by border security into a school.

I'm hearing that the shooting occurred near the school, but not on campus....

"A school official initially clarified to ABC News that the shooting took place off campus, and that Robb Elementary School was under lockdown."
I can appreciate wanting to get news out first, but isnt there some sort of journalistic responsibility to make reasonable efforts to give clear/correct info?

I am also seeing reports that the suspect is dead and reports that the suspect is in custody.

Don't worry, it was @Chishawk1425
Nope, but I guess you and Pissy Pants are going to give it a whirl.
Chis points out the fact that we simply cannot do anything about gun violence in America because one party is tethered so tightly to the NRA's money that NOTHING EVER HAPPENS no matter how many people die. No matter how many kids are killed at a school.

ADVERTISEMENT