ADVERTISEMENT

Elementary school shooting in TX

I think the police response, at least the initial response, is going to get pretty dirty and mean and nasty before this is over.

The school was made up of >90% Hispanic students. I'd like to know the background of the local security/police force to see if it affected the action/inaction taken?

I hope it isn't what I think it could be.

Lame take to armchair quarterback the police response imo. At least at this point.

if they’d have stormed in and accidentally hurt students they’re ****ed. Lost containment on the shooter, allowing him to kill more they’re ****ed.
I am curious about the initial encounter with the shooter - but not for me to shit on the resource officer, just curious if anything.

Lame take to armchair quarterback the police response imo. At least at this point.

if they’d have stormed in and accidentally hurt students they’re ****ed. Lost containment on the shooter, allowing him to kill more they’re ****ed.
I am curious about the initial encounter with the shooter - but not for me to shit on the resource officer, just curious if anything.
I'm not ready to categorically condemn the response...yet...but the idea that you might "lose containment" when you have him waaay outnumbered doesn't make sense. Storming and hurting students...phvcked. Sitting around waiting for tactical...phvcked. One of those scenarios can be reasonably defended. Maybe they were in communication with him and he wasn't shooting any children while they tried to talk him out...that's the only excuse I can think of for not acting immediately. If so, that might have saved some wounded kids lives.

And I love the idea, the problem is, it's already been ruled unconstitutional in the 9th circuit. Maybe the SCOTUS would see it otherwise?

This says otherwise. Is what you're talking about more recent or something?

Reactions: RileyHawk
I don’t know any details, but maybe they were trying to negotiate with the shooter/ or waiting for a negotiater to show up. Maybe they were stalling to get as many other students out of the school and safe too.

I could easily see a scenario where if the police stormed the classroom before the shooter shot anybody, and the storming of the room is what sparked the killing, people going apeshit saying the police should have waited.

^ Says the guy vigorously sucking Cheetoh stains off his fingers from his mom's basement.

As it pertains to experience regarding life-or-death, multi-faceted combat situations, please share your resume.
You still sticking with “Hispanic Tranny” you idiot douche?

This guy giving updates is giving timelines but doesn't know if they're factual or not. Says there was not an armed school officer there.

The police patting themselves on the back in this press conference for containing the suspect, yeah you contained him to a room full of kids. Something isn’t adding up with how this all went down with the police pursuing him, they’re claiming they immediately breached the room but it’s being reported 30 mins passed from the time he crashed his car in the ditch and he was killed. That’s a long ass time.

****ing knew something was off yesterday, they flat out lied saying they immediately breached the room. An entire hour before a tactical team breached the room is inexcusable and goes against everything departments teach about responding to active shooters. They’re just trying to cover their asses now and it’s gonna get ugly.

****ing knew something was off yesterday, they flat out lied saying they immediately breached the room. An entire hour before a tactical team breached the room is inexcusable and goes against everything departments teach about responding to active shooters. They’re just trying to cover their asses now and it’s gonna get ugly.

They will investigate themselves and clear themselves of any wrongdoing. That is as it should be. These are heroes and we are not to question them. Our role as citizens is to worship and obey.

Remember when the right blamed columbine on Marilyn Manson and it turned out the killers hated him? Remember the right blamed school shootings on video games and it turned out that there is no link? Remember the right blamed it on being transgender and this man was not trans?

When will they blame easy access to guns?

Remember when the right blamed columbine on Marilyn Manson and it turned out the killers hated him? Remember the right blamed school shootings on video games and it turned out that there is no link? Remember the right blamed it on being transgender and this man was not trans?

When will they blame easy access to guns?

When they said put armed guards in the schools and he just went right by the armed guard on his way to kill 20 kids.

It wasn’t the first shooting but only the second mass shooting at an elementary with elementary aged student which are completely different then HS students. I don’t have the info on this but do cops practice for something like this for elementary school shootings? I assume they do for general school shootings but there are a lot of police departments out there. @Hawkman98 Maybe you can shine some light on this issue?
We train for situation like this, but not for specific grades. We would treat all school shooting's the same and as incidents like this happen, we learn and make adjustments on how to better handle these situations. It's pretty simple, cops go in as soon as they get there. No waiting for back up or swat. You go in, step over the injured and deceased, find the threat and eliminate it. It's that simple. After the threat is neutralized, then you worry about caring for the injured.

We train for situation like this, but not for specific grades. We would treat all school shooting's the same and as incidents like this happen, we learn and make adjustments on how to better handle these situations. It's pretty simple, cops go in as soon as they get there. No waiting for back up or swat. You go in, step over the injured and deceased, find the threat and eliminate it. It's that simple. After the threat is neutralized, then you worry about caring for the injured.
Thank you for that explanation. So knowing what we know would you say there was some bad execution happening?

I think the police response, at least the initial response, is going to get pretty dirty and mean and nasty before this is over.

The school was made up of >90% Hispanic students. I'd like to know the background of the local security/police force to see if it affected the action/inaction taken?

I hope it isn't what I think it could be.
Jfc

I'm starting to lean this way as well even though last night I held a very different position. I think these poor innocent kids were dead within minutes. Keeping him contained in that room could have saved dozens. Man this whole thing sucks.

Reactions: TennNole17
Thank you for that explanation. So knowing what we know would you say there was some bad execution happening?
I’ve been swamped at work and home so I haven’t heard all the details. From what I originally heard was the first officer on scene immediately went in without backup to try to take out the shooter. If that’s the case, he did things correctly. I’ll have to read up on the details of how law enforcement handled things

Reactions: BrunoMars420
I'm starting to lean this way as well even though last night I held a very different position. I think these poor innocent kids were dead within minutes. Keeping him contained in that room could have saved dozens. Man this whole thing sucks.
This is the million dollar question here: when did all the shooting take place? Was it immediately when he got into the classroom or was he in there for 30-40 minutes picking off kids one at a time?
Just a horrible scenario if it went down that way. And if it did something doesn't add up here. Why would you wait that long to go in and do something? This whole thing is messed up so bad.....Just sickening.

side note: I just saw this 40 minute question thread already posted. Sorry for the wrong location

Last edited:
The ONLY excuse I can imagine is that they were in contact with him and actively negotiating and he wasn't shooting. That's the only scenario I can conceive of where "wait for back-up" might make sense.

But so far, there's been zero indication that this happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT