ADVERTISEMENT

Elementary school shooting in TX

I'm starting to lean this way as well even though last night I held a very different position. I think these poor innocent kids were dead within minutes. Keeping him contained in that room could have saved dozens. Man this whole thing sucks.
We already know there were children hiding in that room who were alive until police officers told them to call for help (WTAF??). And until someone can explain how he could have shot his way past multiple police officers to get to more kids, this idea of "losing containment" doesn't wash

I've been trying to give the police the benefit of the doubt as to why the police acted the way they did but the longer they fumble about trying to explain their behavior the harder and harder that is to do. If there were a logical reason as to why they stood around holding their dicks in their hands for 40 minutes it shouldn't take 3 days to explain it.

Reactions: drew_hawk
I've been trying to give the police the benefit of the doubt as to why the police acted the way they did but the longer they fumble about trying to explain their behavior the harder and harder that is to do. If there were a logical reason as to why they stood around holding their dicks in their hands for 40 minutes it shouldn't take 3 days to explain it.

There were a lot of parents outside who needed to be threatened, tasered and beaten. You can't expect one or two cops to do all of that by themselves. The shooter wrecked his car so he wasn't a flight risk. He wasn't going anywhere. They could deal with him after they handled the angry parents.

There were a lot of parents outside who needed to be threatened, tasered and beaten. You can't expect one or two cops to do all of that by themselves. The shooter wrecked his car so he wasn't a flight risk. He wasn't going anywhere. They could deal with him after they handled the angry parents.
Yeah, protocol in an active shooter situation is to immediately engage the shooter. The parents were a problem because they weren't entering the building. It's not about him running, it's about him having plenty of time to run around killing more people and getting aid to wounded people.

FTjI9oLWYAE7jrN

The press conference earlier today was a shit show. Whoever was talking said they basically stepped on their dicks in hindsight and would do things differently. Per the guy, the guy running the show thought there were no more kids living so they secured the area and waited for the swat team. Plus it sounds like there was a teacher that propped open the door to get the cell phone and kept it propped

Also I guess there were warning signs through private messages in IG and FB talking about the school shooting. Lots of questions to be answered yet as the investigation moves forward.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
The press conference earlier today was a shit show. Whoever was talking said they basically stepped on their dicks in hindsight and would do things differently. Per the guy, the guy running the show thought there were no more kids living so they secured the area and waited for the swat team. Plus it sounds like there was a teacher that propped open the door to get the cell phone and kept it propped

Also I guess there were warning signs through private messages in IG and FB talking about the school shooting. Lots of questions to be answered yet as the investigation moves forward.
That guy also made sure he let everyone know he wasn't there

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Greg Abbott going full on Pissy Pants. Doesn't want to talk about the victims, or any remedies. Wants questions about gas cards.
Prolly doesn't want to talk about all the cuts to mental health in Texas as he blames mental illness on the shooting. \
How soon until he starts blaming cops and the chickens*** teachers?

Greg Abbott going full on Pissy Pants. Doesn't want to talk about the victims, or any remedies. Wants questions about gas cards.
Prolly doesn't want to talk about all the cuts to mental health in Texas as he blames mental illness on the shooting. \
How soon until he starts blaming cops and the chickens*** teachers?
The entire Texas mentality is sickening

Abbott rolled off the stage like a pussy when the questions got hot. This is the guy who goes to tough guy photo ops at the border. This is the guy who wants to be POTUS. This is the take care of yourself if you need mental health care guy.
Today's GOP, folks. Talk about free gas cards to people who had their kid murdered.

Abbott rolled off the stage like a pussy when the questions got hot. This is the guy who goes to tough guy photo ops at the border. This is the guy who wants to be POTUS. This is the take care of yourself if you need mental health care guy.
Today's GOP, folks. Talk about free gas cards to people who had their kid murdered.
Wow. Bet many KKK members referred to FDR in a similar fashion.

This is just so phucking stupid.
Explain how. The GOP will not blame guns. It is so freaking obvious how the NRA buys Republicans to not say a bad word or put limits or restrictions on gun sales

for someone like me that does not identify as either party, the Republicans are really screwing up with the abortion and gun issues. The moronic stand that they have taken on those 2 issues will I assume driven many independents towards the other party. And it is not like the other party are without major faults themselves

but not having balls on gun issue and bringing back an issue that was decided 50 years ago is just so freaking backwards

Explain how. The GOP will not blame guns. It is so freaking obvious how the NRA buys Republicans to not say a bad word or put limits or restrictions on gun sales

for someone like me that does not identify as either party, the Republicans are really screwing up with the abortion and gun issues. The moronic stand that they have taken on those 2 issues will I assume driven many independents towards the other party. And it is not like the other party are without major faults themselves

but not having balls on gun issue and bringing back an issue that was decided 50 years ago is just so freaking backwards
Yes.

Can someone help me out here? After today's unsurprising news about scared cops, does the "good guys with guns stopping bad guys with guns" still apply?

TIA

NBC News tonight said a teacher had propped open the exit door that the shooter used to gain entry...

That's my biggest issue with people thinking "securing schools" is the main solution here.

One point of entry sounds good on paper but it only takes one student or teacher forgetting to lock/close a backdoor behind them one time for the plan to go to shit. You'd need 100% buy in from the students and faculty at all times, you'd have better luck repealing the 2nd Ammendment than that happening.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT