ADVERTISEMENT

Ellie Goulding just found out the Salvation Army isn’t woke

TJ8869

HR King
Dec 7, 2006
The pop singer was all set to perform at halftime during the Dallas Cowboys’ Thanksgiving game. The performance was to be part of the Red Kettle Kickoff, the start of the Salvation Army’s annual red kettle donation drive. She even did some promotional shots for the Salvation Army, only to be blasted by her fans on social media for supporting a trans and homophobic organization. Now she’s threatening to cancel her performance if the Salvation Army doesn’t make a significant contribution to LGBTQ causes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ellie-goulding-salvation-army-halftime-show-cowboys-044818650.html

Last edited:
Seems legit.

Several of Goulding’s fans blasted the organization in the post’s comments, with one calling it “extremely homo/transphobic” and accusing it of “letting queer homeless [people] die.”

Also odd that there's no mention of what the Salvation Army has done to make people think they hate trans people. That might be a helpful tidbit.

The LGBTQXYZ+ community needs to work harder on its brand and messaging. Their operatives are sending very mixed signals about collaboration and patronage of charitable organizations:

Reactions: IACub
Seems legit.

Several of Goulding’s fans blasted the organization in the post’s comments, with one calling it “extremely homo/transphobic” and accusing it of “letting queer homeless [people] die.”

Also odd that there's no mention of what the Salvation Army has done to make people think they hate trans people. That might be a helpful tidbit.

I know they are against gay marriage theologically speaking. I don't know that they have actually done anything to anyone other than express moral disagreements with certain things.

Anyone giving her sht should be institutionalized.

Seems legit.

I know they are against gay marriage theologically speaking. I don't know that they have actually done anything to anyone other than express moral disagreements with certain things.

Here you go...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/salvation-army/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-salvation-armys-histo_b_4422938

BUT their concerns are 11 months out of date...

https://www.wglt.org/post/lgbt-group-ok-donate-local-salvation-army#stream/0

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/the-lgbtq-community-and-the-salvation-army/

Ok...not sure how any of that leads to someone thinking that they are “letting queer homeless [people] die.”

How is the Salvation Army even put in that position where they have the ability to choose whether gay homeless people live or die?

How is the Salvation Army even put in that position where they have the ability to choose whether gay homeless people live or die?
Because the LGBTA says so. How dare you question what the LGBTA says you homophobic asshole. Now they are going to find out where you work and make sure you get fired for questioning their stupid and baseless accusations.

LOL. WTF?

“Upon researching this, I have reached out to The Salvation Army and said that I would have no choice but to pull out unless they very quickly make a solid, committed pledge or donation to the LGBTQ community. I am a committed philanthropist as you probably know, and my heart has always been in helping the homeless, but supporting an anti-LGBTQ charity is clearly not something I would ever intentionally do. Thank you for drawing my attention to this x”

LOL. WTF?

“Upon researching this, I have reached out to The Salvation Army and said that I would have no choice but to pull out unless they very quickly make a solid, committed pledge or donation to the LGBTQ community. I am a committed philanthropist as you probably know, and my heart has always been in helping the homeless, but supporting an anti-LGBTQ charity is clearly not something I would ever intentionally do. Thank you for drawing my attention to this x”
She's woke. You will not ask questions.

LOL. WTF?

Yes...nothing says “raising money for a charity” like “I will only work for you if you give away your money to random causes who hate you.”

What a world.

Reactions: EasyHawk
Ok...not sure how any of that leads to someone thinking that they are “letting queer homeless [people] die.”

Because there will obviously for the rest of forever be people on social media with hyperbolic reactions to their pet issues. That you seem to want to ascribe this to the larger whole follows a reactionary and arguably equally hyperbolic calculus.

Don’t like this behavior? Don’t mirror it.

I have no idea who this artist is, not interested. I’ll say that homelessness is an issue quite relevant to and a focus of LGBTQ community and related organizations.

A very common reason young LGBTQ are homeless is their home is emotionally and/or physically unsafe, or they have been rejected—often on religious grounds by their own parents. A religious organization supporting such rejectionist thinking, even while providing some type of service to homelessness, well, might be a worthwhile conversation.

Okay, back to the social media-driven stupidity.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Because the LGBTA says so. How dare you question what the LGBTA says you homophobic asshole. Now they are going to find out where you work and make sure you get fired for questioning their stupid and baseless accusations.
For a group of people that makes up less than 3% of the population they sure do squawk and squeal about everything.

That's way more than enough. Just ask Chick-fil-A.

For today's radical leftists, unless you are a full-throated advocate of something, the full-throated advocates of that thing consider you their enemy. If you are not in 100% lockstep with their beliefs, you are a nazi. There is no room for degrees, discussion, or debate.

For today's radical leftists, unless you are a full-throated advocate of something, the full-throated advocates of that thing consider you their enemy. If you are not in 100% lockstep with their beliefs, you are a nazi. There is no room for degrees, discussion, or debate.

The right is not any better, if you are not supportive of their cult leader you are "human scum".

Reactions: naturalmwa
Because there will obviously for the rest of forever be people on social media with hyperbolic reactions to their pet issues. That you seem to want to ascribe this to the larger whole follows a reactionary and arguably equally hyperbolic calculus.

Don’t like this behavior? Don’t mirror it.

I have no idea who this artist is, not interested. I’ll say that homelessness is an issue quite relevant to and a focus of LGBTQ community and related organizations.

A very common reason young LGBTQ are homeless is their home is emotionally and/or physically unsafe, or they have been rejected—often on religious grounds by their own parents. A religious organization supporting such rejectionist thinking, even while providing some type of service to homelessness, well, might be a worthwhile conversation.

Okay, back to the social media-driven stupidity.

I think you quoted the wrong post.

The charitable organization and church are quite different . Additionally, the local churches hold quite different views than The national church on several issues

Wrong, and convenient for you to think this way.

I think you quoted the wrong post.
You quoted a hyperbolic response then drew it out as though it merited serious (or unserious) consideration. The post that followed yours was the expected evolution, and I should have included it as I was responding to it as well. I think you understand my point, anyway.

That's way more than enough. Just ask Chick-fil-A.
Difference being, and a big difference at that, is Chick-fil-A never said or insinuated anything like that. It was an executive of theirs that said it and it wasn’t even in regards to Chick-fil-A but rather his opinion. None the less it was a platform for the LGBTA to bitch and moan so they went with it because attention is what they need regardless of actual facts.

Reactions: ICHerky
You quoted a hyperbolic response then drew it out as though it merited serious (or unserious) consideration. The post that followed yours was the expected evolution, and I should have included it as I was responding to it as well. I think you understand my point, anyway.

Yeah...you don't like when crazy people on the left are pointed out as being crazy. I get it.

Yeah...you don't like when crazy people on the left are pointed out as being crazy. I get it.
I don’t like the crazy being disproportionately represented and ascribed to the larger body as though they’re the norm, regardless of “side”.

Do you ever see me posting twitter craziness of any ilk? Or taking the crazy someone else posts and projecting it out as representative of the larger group, or party?

Wrong, and convenient for you to think this way.
This is a story about people being upset with the Salvation Army; an organization that has housed, fed, and clothed less fortunate people for decades. I was once protested while doing an event for the March of Dimes. The March of Dimes is an organization dedicated to the eradication of childhood diseases. Who would protest healthy babies, you might ask? PETA, that’s who.
There is no grey area for these people. Either you fully accept every one of their positions or you are the scum of the earth.
Conservatives are the new libertarians.

Reactions: SalAunese
I don’t like the crazy being disproportionately represented and ascribed to the larger body as though they’re the norm, regardless of “side”.

Do you ever see me posting twitter craziness of any ilk? Or taking the crazy someone else posts and projecting it out as representative of the larger group, or party?

Did you take a look at the entire situation? You're admitting that these people are crazy, and yet, they are the ones responsible for altering the halftime show...causing the main act demanding that a charity GIVE AWAY MONEY to a cause they don't agree. These are the people who were the catalysts for this.

Call it hyperbolic and sensationalized rhetoric all you want but it had a definite effect on the event. That's what makes it worthy of dissecting. Do you not see that?

Did you take a look at the entire situation? You're admitting that these people are crazy, and yet, they are the ones responsible for altering the halftime show...causing the main act demanding that a charity GIVE AWAY MONEY to a cause they don't agree. These are the people who were the catalysts for this.

Call it hyperbolic and sensationalized rhetoric all you want but it had a definite effect on the event. That's what makes it worthy of dissecting. Do you not see that?
You think the only pressure came from the Twittersphere? And you think all or event most voices in the Twittersphere are calling the SA a killer of LGBTQ people?

This is a story about people being upset with the Salvation Army; an organization that has housed, fed, and clothed less fortunate people for decades. I was once protested while doing an event for the March of Dimes. The March of Dimes is an organization dedicated to the eradication of childhood diseases. Who would protest healthy babies, you might ask? PETA, that’s who.
There is no grey area for these people. Either you fully accept every one of their positions or you are the scum of the earth.
Conservatives are the new libertarians.
See, this is what I mean. Was PETA protesting healthy babies? Think about a statement like that. You think an organization founded on the principle that animals should be treated ethically would protest healthy babies.

And then you draw that idea out and ascribe it to a larger group. You’ve been trained to do this. Ponder on how and why.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT