ADVERTISEMENT

Elon offers to buy 100% of Twitter and take it private

I’ve already said it’s not a conspiracy, yet you continue to put that word in my mouth as an attempt to discredit me. I look at reality. Cons get taken down, libs don’t. Whatever the reasoning is, I’m not really concerned. It would be refreshing to see a more uniform method for limiting misinformation.

And I've posted an article, with a study Twitter conducted showing that their algorithms over amplify Right Wing politicians and News Outlets. Sorry but your feeling that Twitter is biased against Republicans isn't reality.

And I've posted an article, with a study Twitter conducted showing that their algorithms over amplify Right Wing politicians and News Outlets. Sorry but your feeling that Twitter is biased against Republicans isn't reality.
That’s a different measure. Banning accounts has nothing to do with algorithms for someone’s feed. Maybe in that aspect, cons benefit. I would seriously doubt anything coming from twitter claiming they’re amplifying cons though.

So are the liberals snowflakes now? I see their heads are exploding and many are threatening to leave twitter. I know when Republicans did that they were snowflakes, so just curious if that applies here?

... In what world were MAGA chuds not already calling liberals on Twitter snowflakes? That's where "snowflake" comes from

Reactions: Moral
Where is he getting that money? Selling Tesla stock?? Or maybe Saudi funding.
April 21 (Reuters) - Elon Musk on Thursday said he has lined up $46.5 billion in debt and equity financing to buy Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) and is considering taking his offer directly to shareholders, a filing with U.S. regulators showed.
Musk himself has committed to put up $33.5 billion, which will include $21 billion of equity and $12.5 billion of margin loans against some of his Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) shares to finance the transaction. He is chief executive officer of electric vehicle maker Tesla.

Shares of Tesla climbed more than 3% and the value of Musk's 172.6 million Tesla shares rose by over $5 billion on Thursday following a strong quarterly report. On Wednesday, he qualified for compensation in the form of stock options now worth about $24 billion after Tesla hit profit and revenue performance targets.

Banks, including Morgan Stanley, have agreed to provide another $13 billion in debt secured against Twitter itself, according to the filing.

• Wow
Reactions: ericram
April 21 (Reuters) - Elon Musk on Thursday said he has lined up $46.5 billion in debt and equity financing to buy Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) and is considering taking his offer directly to shareholders, a filing with U.S. regulators showed.
Musk himself has committed to put up $33.5 billion, which will include $21 billion of equity and $12.5 billion of margin loans against some of his Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) shares to finance the transaction. He is chief executive officer of electric vehicle maker Tesla.

Shares of Tesla climbed more than 3% and the value of Musk's 172.6 million Tesla shares rose by over $5 billion on Thursday following a strong quarterly report. On Wednesday, he qualified for compensation in the form of stock options now worth about $24 billion after Tesla hit profit and revenue performance targets.

Banks, including Morgan Stanley, have agreed to provide another $13 billion in debt secured against Twitter itself, according to the filing.
Wow his own money. How does he monitize it?

FRMGMBaXwAArLRM
i'll admit this did not occur to me. so is this the end game? get trump back on twitter for the run up to 2024?

I dont believe for a minute that Musk is doing this for "free speech." It is pretty cute that people think that is why he is doing it. He is purchasing soft power, and a lot of it.
Think he’ll shadow ban people who post Tesla car fires?

How do you imagine he’ll use this soft power, and what exactly is it?

Reactions: goldmom
I don't understand the big deal really. We still have libel and slander laws. That should take care of a giant chunk of what a lot of people are worried about. It also let's us see the nutbags out in the open, rather than them joining forces on some dark corner of the internet..

i'll admit this did not occur to me. so is this the end game? get trump back on twitter for the run up to 2024?
Honestly, I believe he’d do more harm to his 2024 prospects than he would to help them.

Don't care. If he wants to piss away billions then let him.
Yeah. As an investment, this seems terrible. I think he's sort of like a big kid with a ton of money and twitter was a favorite playground. The free speech angle just isn't going to mean much either way. Even if Trump came back on.

Now if he makes some real changes to the platform and some of the underlying algorithms that encourage people to act like jackasses, it could be a good thing for everybody. But he hasn't given any indications to anybody that this is so.

And finally... with the power argument. Sure, I guess he could censor tweeting that negatively affects him, but that would be so transparent to everybody, and major news organizations would be totally up his ass on it. There is so much media in so many corners of the internet that I don't think buying any one entity allows one to control a narrative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT