ADVERTISEMENT

Elon offers to buy 100% of Twitter and take it private

Think he’ll shadow ban people who post Tesla car fires?

How do you imagine he’ll use this soft power, and what exactly is it?

Yeah bro. That is what I was thinking that he would totally just ban people for posting about car fires. That is myain concern.

That is sarcasm for the record. It just dawned on me that that might be missed on you.

Yeah bro. That is what I was thinking that he would totally just ban people for posting about car fires. That is myain concern.

That is sarcasm for the record. It just dawned on me that that might be missed on you.

EksIy3aW0AEIsK-

I don't know what soft power is, but Tesla uses a prodigious amount of bots affect stock prices.
Is that something the SEC could/should/would investigate?
It seems like something that could be pretty easily demonstrated if true.

Is that something the SEC could/should/would investigate?
It seems like something that could be pretty easily demonstrated if true.
There was a paper on it not too long ago. I don't think it runs afoul of any regulations or statutes. Because 85% of stock trades are done via computers and algorithms if you create bots to put a bunch of information out there that's going to be picked up by the algorithm and execute a trade.

So are the liberals snowflakes now? I see their heads are exploding and many are threatening to leave twitter. I know when Republicans did that they were snowflakes, so just curious if that applies here?
Libs never live up to their threats. Otherwise Ontario would be the new Hollywood.

Reactions: 24 so far
nope it sucks. I wanted more for my shares.
I'll take a quick $8k return on 1,000 shares purchased at $46 a week or two ago when he announced initial intentions. Easy money out there in the market. It's a short term trader's paradise right now. Screw buy and hold until 2025. We are in choppy waters for another few years.

I dont believe for a minute that Musk is doing this for "free speech." It is pretty cute that people think that is why he is doing it. He is purchasing soft power, and a lot of it.
Oh so like it is now except it's not your blue team. This is going to be riot!

That’s a different measure. Banning accounts has nothing to do with algorithms for someone’s feed. Maybe in that aspect, cons benefit. I would seriously doubt anything coming from twitter claiming they’re amplifying cons though.

That's fine I'm also going to seriously doubt that Twitter has some Anti-Republican bias just because a bunch of Right Wingers say they do.

Does Twitter trend left? Yes, because it's a social media platform used mostly by 18-35 year olds and that demographic is overwhelmingly liberal.

If you feel like Right Wing acounts are getting unfairly targeted and banned then show me some proof.

I'll take a quick $8k return on 1,000 shares purchased at $46 a week or two ago when he announced initial intentions. Easy money out there in the market. It's a short term trader's paradise right now. Screw buy and hold until 2025. We are in choppy waters for another few years.

i get it, ill take it. my cost basis is in the $30s and im short some $65 calls so ill be fine. I was hoping for $60.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capital1Hawk
That's fine I'm also going to seriously doubt that Twitter has some Anti-Republican bias just because a bunch of Right Wingers say they do.

Does Twitter trend left? Yes, because it's a social media platform used mostly by 18-35 year olds and that demographic is overwhelmingly liberal.

If you feel like Right Wing acounts are getting unfairly targeted and banned then show me some proof.
Those 18-35 year olds are also extremely lazy, so that checks out they're Libbies, for now. When they acquire some brainpower and real world situations bite them in the ass as they move along in life, figure it out and wonder why they can't afford the Starbucks their parents paid for, it's bye-bye Libbyland. Buyers remorse I believe it's called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT