ADVERTISEMENT

Elon offers to buy 100% of Twitter and take it private

nolesincebirth

HR Legend
Apr 15, 2003
Tesla CEO Elon Musk offered to buy Twitter in a deal worth more than $43 billion and take the social media company private.

Musk’s best and final offer was to pay $54.20 per share for 100% of Twitter, and said that if his offer was not accepted he’d have to reconsider his position as a shareholder, according to an SEC filing.

"I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy," Musk wrote. "However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form."

Wow, that seems like a pretty big leap, but I guess he can afford it

Edit: I wonder if he has visions of leveraging Twitter to greatly increase the value of Dogecoin.

Last edited:
Reactions: desihawk
No chance the shareholders vote in favor of this. The stock was at 70 recently. That’s probably closer to the number he would need to pay.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk offered to buy Twitter in a deal worth more than $43 billion and take the social media company private.

Musk’s best and final offer was to pay $54.20 per share for 100% of Twitter, and said that if his offer was not accepted he’d have to reconsider his position as a shareholder, according to an SEC filing.

"I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy," Musk wrote. "However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form."

Yeah baby!!! Freedom

Hilarious. This isn't remotely a good thing but the party of small government and mahhhhh freedummmbbbb sure is big fans of Billionaires and Putin these days. Hilarious and the typical posters reside in this thread.
How does Putin tie into this? I’m going to grab some popcorn, brb.

Cardona hasn't allowed me to retire yet either 😪

@TC Nole OX assures me Cardona is going to hit anytime now
You sure retirement is a good idea? You seem like the old, bitter type. I just imagine you yelling at Starbucks employees for messing up your Frappuccino.

Reactions: kwik44
Musk has and continues to go over the line multiple times. This will be rejected. He won't or wouldn't be able to get the financing. His dream would make less money for twitter. This is all a way to make more money on his investment.

The loudest accounts I see on Twitter about this are Republican House and Senate accounts as well as Marjorie Taylor Greene and Boebert. Interesting.

Interesting study for sure. Do you get more "clicks" out of "50%" of the population winding themselves up in a think tank or "100%" of the population in a society that refuses to engage in back and forth conversation.

The problem is nobody will admit they're wrong any more. Both sides will double down (the GOP more often) rather than admit the other side is "right". Allowing Trump back on Twitter isn't going to fix that, it will only damage it further.

The problem is nobody will admit they're wrong any more. Both sides will double down (the GOP more often) rather than admit the other side is "right". Allowing Trump back on Twitter isn't going to fix that, it will only damage it further.
Everything you said is fair you are just 100% wrong about who is worse!

I do think twitter has a problem outside of musk. There are many examples of.people who should be banned but are not and people who are banned for bullshit.

The elephant in the room is how Musk would change Twitter.

Do we really think Musk's version of Twitter would serve free speech around the globe better than the current version?

Hilarious. This isn't remotely a good thing but the party of small government and mahhhhh freedummmbbbb sure is big fans of Billionaires and Putin these days. Hilarious and the typical posters reside in this thread.
You have a problem with the most successful African American in history buying Twitter?

ADVERTISEMENT