ADVERTISEMENT

Elon offers to buy 100% of Twitter and take it private

It’s still mind blowing to me how many people don’t understand free speech. No one’s free speech was infringed on Twitter. The Government didn’t tell Twitter to ban you. And you can still walk outside and yell the same thing….Twitter is a private company last I checked. Now if it was a government service than they absolutely have an argument.

I do not think it is likely that this deal is ever completed. Musk is acting like this is just another of his many attention grabs and not like someone who seriously wants to buy and run a company.

This article list more reasons why the deal probably collapses.

I do not think it is likely that this deal is ever completed. Musk is acting like this is just another of his many attention grabs and not like someone who seriously wants to buy and run a company.

Could be. TSLA is tanking today.

5e86f1050b3c9b0e937c3192

I saw a comment from Musk where he is going to authenticate/confirm real humans on Twitter. If he does this effectively it will be interesting to see the impact on the information being shared and spread through twitter. For example, this would greatly impact russian bot disinformation campaigns and other similar initiatives.

Reactions: BCDHawk
TSLA is currently at 720, pre-market. Last I saw, and it may have changed, the margin call for his Twitter loan is around 520.

Reactions: Moral
This is fascinating to watch. Twitter continues to rise due to the strength of its claims and the very real possibility of specific performance. The irony is it may just climb back to $50 and be a reasonable deal after all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT