ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Emmanuel Rugamba recaps official visit

Apr 8, 2003
Caught up with Iowa commit Emmanuel Rugamba to talk about his official visit to Iowa City this weekend.

Q: What were the highlights of the official visit for you?

RUGAMBA: The highlight of the visit was definitely being around the coaching staff and having them around my mother and getting to know her.

Q: What did you kind of take away from the weekend overall?

RUGAMBA: I just really got a feel for what Iowa is all about. It's a family type of university and Coach Ferentz and the rest of the staff showed us that this weekend as well as the players. They treated me as if I were on the team already. Everything was honest and straight up.

Q: Who was your host?

RUGAMBA: Derrick Mitchell.

Q: What did the coaches say position wise?

RUGAMBA: Cornerback.

Q: Is that your preference still? Has there been any talk about receiver too possibly?

RUGAMBA: Yeah, corner is where I would like to start at. There's been some talk about wide receiver, but I feel as of now I'm a cornerback.

Q: Leaving there today, what is it about Iowa do you think that makes it the right fit for you?

RUGAMBA: It reminds me of my high school. Both my high school coach and Coach Ferentz preach the same things, so I'm comfortable with Iowa. Also, my mother feels comfortable with with the coaches and the school.

Q: What do you have planned for signing day?

RUGAMBA: I'll be signing at my high school with family and friends. Nothing too flashy.

As a senior, Emmanuel Rugamba finished the season with 61 catches for 936 yards and six touchdowns for Naperville Central (10-2) this past year.

See highlights from Rugamba's senior season in the video below.

Reactions: HawkFan59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.