ADVERTISEMENT

Emmitt Holt dismissed from Indiana

I wonder who Crean is bringing in this late ;)

Or did he have to clear room still anyway?

This does actually mean that Indiana has only twelve guys on scholarship for 2015/16. Crean must be having a conniption fit.

Boy they have Creaned the hell out of their team this summer. What's going on in Bloomington?

I'll be stunned if Crean survives after this year.

All of this crap happened with his recruits so he can't complain about lack of players when they lose.

Reactions: IronFist1776
I don't know, after all the problems last year Indiana implemented a two strikes and you are out policy and all three guys, HMP, Davis and Holt took their second swing and a miss since then.

To me, this is a result of:

1) Recruiting talent alone, not being concerned with citizenship.
2) A less than adequate method of "team" unity off the court, no supervision and likely too little contact with the coaches.
3) Results being problems.
4) Since relationships aren't going to be established Indiana goes the "leadership" route where players are supposed to take care of each other and now, if they don't, second offense and someone gets booted.

I suspect somewhere in their coaches head he wonders what any of this has to do with him?

I'll be stunned if Crean survives after this year.

All of this crap happened with his recruits so he can't complain about lack of players when they lose.
He'll survive if he makes the tourney and no one major is forced to leave. But why highly rated players continue to go there in spite of the mediocre performance/talent ratio and the culture of attrition, I don't know. There are better college options to showcase talents while winning at the same time.

Reactions: IronFist1776
How many years will this be said?

Agreed but things are different this time. IU's Prez came out last week and tore in to the AD and Clappy during his speech to the staff.

I have a few bets out that we finish higher in conference, and the NCAA, with some of my co-workers here. I liked my odds before the season and I like them better now.

I don't know, after all the problems last year Indiana implemented a two strikes and you are out policy and all three guys, HMP, Davis and Holt took their second swing and a miss since then.

2) A less than adequate method of "team" unity off the court, no supervision and likely too little contact with the coaches.
4) Since relationships aren't going to be established Indiana goes the "leadership" route where players are supposed to take care of each other and now, if they don't, second offense and someone gets booted.

I suspect somewhere in their coaches head he wonders what any of this has to do with him?

well said DanL.... while we have been pretty fortunate with off the court stuff ...it all starts with the man at the top. Its' not luck...Fran does ones heck of a job in not only recruiting talent but takes a lot time in trying to get to know the "player"... makes being a fan really easy.

I wonder what Iowa fans reaction would have been had we recruited the stars that are no longer at Indiana? maybe giddy?

I wonder what Iowa fans reaction would have been had we had the same off the field issues as some Indiana star players have had?

Indiana's problems are all on Tom Crean.

No program is immune from having some issues...but it doesn't take a genius to see Fran McCaffery has a pretty good track record...Crean not so much.

Reactions: Ronman and DanL53
well said DanL.... while we have been pretty fortunate with off the court stuff ...it all starts with the man at the top. Its' not luck...Fran does ones heck of a job in not only recruiting talent but takes a lot time in trying to get to know the "player"... makes being a fan really easy.

I wonder what Iowa fans reaction would have been had we recruited the stars that are no longer at Indiana? maybe giddy?

I wonder what Iowa fans reaction would have been had we had the same off the field issues as some Indiana star players have had?

Indiana's problems are all on Tom Crean.

No program is immune from having some issues...but it doesn't take a genius to see Fran McCaffery has a pretty good track record...Crean not so much.

I was thinking about that recently. Can you remember the last coach we had that went away, for whatever reason, that we could say was happy he had coached at Iowa?

I think the "fishbowl" is a hard thing to live in.

Is this kid off to Iowa State now?

Does Alford leave UCLA for Indiana if they come calling? That would be utterly fascinating to see the response at Carver.

Alford will NEVER coach at IU. They've seen his show in conference and out.

Well said Dan. And good insight in the last sentence. You know Clappy believes he's not at fault. He also probably believes the players taking care of each other without him getting involved is a good thing. He somehow sees no danger to the team in that.

I could see brad stevens get the indiana job at down point. Thinking he could have a similar career to rick pitino.

I think those days have sailed past Indiana. Stevens is too big, if he decides to coach in college it will be somewhere else.

This does actually mean that Indiana has only twelve guys on scholarship for 2015/16. Crean must be having a conniption fit.

It's even better than that: 11.

-Yogi Ferrell
-Nick Zeisloft
-Max Bielfeldt
-Troy Williams
-Collin Hartman
-James Blackmon Jr.
-Robert Johnson
-Tim Priller
-Thomas Bryant (will he be dismissed if he slips up and gets in trouble again?)
-Juwan Morgan
-O.G. Anunoby

That was good thinking by big red nose and spinning bow-tie Clappy to get rid of three players who did nothing wrong (Stanford Robinson, Max Hoetzel, and Jeremiah April) so that he could make room for one (Bryant).

Reactions: DanL53
I could see brad stevens get the indiana job at down point. Thinking he could have a similar career to rick pitino.

The Celtics ownership group & Danny Ainge love what BS brings to the club. While it is no sure thing he will be successful in the NBA, he has a fairly long leash by NBA standards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT