ADVERTISEMENT

EMU dropping wrestling

Also couple time state champ Brandon Moen is there from Owatonna MN - got overlooked by many d-1 schools after blowing up a knee in football his junior year. He is a stud. Wrestled 182/195 in high school.

This is the school that was on HBO Real Sports a year ago about how much money football loses for their university. Looks like wrestling, softball, swimming and tennis got axed instead. Probably have to have football to stay in the MAC.

I’m not so sure taking opportunities away from your own players is the right answer, either. But kudos for having the stones to take a stand like that.

I’m not so sure taking opportunities away from your own players is the right answer, either. But kudos for having the stones to take a stand like that.
Agreed on the latter.

But this doesn't mean you can't go to EMU from that High School to play Football if you want to. It means Dean won't let you in the school he is at to talk to the kids. They aren't his kids. They can go wherever they or their parents want them to go. (not really sure a High School Coach has that kind of power from a legal standpoint either, to be honest - you may not welcome them, but I would be shocked if they couldn't take action against this if they really wanted to visit players from that school, at that school - could certainly be wrong)

Agreed on the latter.

But this doesn't mean you can't go to EMU from that High School to play Football if you want to. It means Dean won't let you in the school he is at to talk to the kids. They aren't his kids. They can go wherever they or their parents want them to go. (not really sure a High School Coach has that kind of power from a legal standpoint either, to be honest - you may not welcome them, but I would be shocked if they couldn't take action against this if they really wanted to visit players from that school, at that school - could certainly be wrong)
Maybe I should have said “limit” opportunities, but recruiting is as much about relationships as anything. Regardless of semantics, this isn’t a good look for EMU and hurts their relationships with kids from that school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT