ADVERTISEMENT

Encyclopedia of sandwiches

Reuben is a good choice, I just dont know if i could do it for the rest of my life. The cheesesteak on the other hand, especially if its a philly cheesesteak with the peppers and mushrooms is where it's at.

WTH is a cucumber and tea sandwich? Sounds like something hipster vegans or soccer players would eat.

buffalo sauce is for mouth breathers
giphy.gif

Reuben is a good choice, I just dont know if i could do it for the rest of my life. The cheesesteak on the other hand, especially if its a philly cheesesteak with the peppers and mushrooms is where it's at.

WTH is a cucumber and tea sandwich? Sounds like something hipster vegans or soccer players would eat.

It’s not a “cucumber and tea” sandwich, it’s a cucumber sandwich that is a “tea sandwich” ie little lite bites that go well with a “cuppa”. Typically it’s shredded or finely sliced cucumber that’s either mixed with a little cream cheese and dill or else mixed with mayo, a hint of garlic and a hint of fresh cracked peppercorn. Always with the crusts cut off.

b5e547fc3d081ca67bc3caa291676924.jpg

cucumber-tea-sandwiches-2-Photograph-%C2%A9-Good-Food-Stories-LLC.jpg

My personal favorite tea sandwich is actually just watercress leaves and good quality salted butter on white bread. It goes great with the cuppa and will not overpower a good quality tea.

WatercressSandwich6.jpg

Other traditional tea sandwiches include smoked salmon, egg salad, pimento cheese, tomato jam, radish and even curried chicken.

It’s not a “cucumber and tea” sandwich, it’s a cucumber sandwich that is a “tea sandwich” ie little lite bites that go well with a “cuppa”. Typically it’s shredded or finely sliced cucumber that’s either mixed with a little cream cheese and dill or else mixed with mayo, a hint of garlic and a hint of fresh cracked peppercorn. Always with the crusts cut off.

b5e547fc3d081ca67bc3caa291676924.jpg

cucumber-tea-sandwiches-2-Photograph-%C2%A9-Good-Food-Stories-LLC.jpg

My personal favorite tea sandwich is actually just watercress leaves and good quality salted butter on white bread. It goes great with the cuppa and will not overpower a good quality tea.

WatercressSandwich6.jpg

Other traditional tea sandwiches include smoked salmon, egg salad, pimento cheese, tomato jam, radish and even curried chicken.
Oh....... that’s not better at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT