ADVERTISEMENT

End the one time transfer rule, imo.

herkyhawk00

HR Legend
Jan 28, 2008
I think you alleviate a lot of issues with the portal and all of these high rollers trying to bid for players by implementing the previous rule that you sit out a year if you transfer. Make it just for grad transfers. It rewards kids that get their education, also, which is what the objective should be.

Make an exception for a player that didn't use his year of eligibility. If you're buried on the depth chart or were injured and played less than the redshirt cap, you can transfer immediately.

I think you alleviate a lot of issues with the portal and all of these high rollers trying to bid for players by implementing the previous rule that you sit out a year if you transfer. Make it just for grad transfers. It rewards kids that get their education, also, which is what the objective should be.
Totally agree. This current environment is ruining college sports. Everyone keeps forgetting that these players are getting a free college education. That does not seem to mean anything to anyone anymore. It is just flat out free agency like professional sports. The power schools are going to just outbid the smaller schools. The MAC schools will be like club football teams.

Totally agree. This current environment is ruining college sports. Everyone keeps forgetting that these players are getting a free college education. That does not seem to mean anything to anyone anymore. It is just flat out free agency like professional sports. The power schools are going to just outbid the smaller schools. The MAC schools will be like club football teams.
No one forgets they’re getting an education. It comes up all the time.

There are calculators out there where you can estimate the value of that education and it’s a lot less then what many players are making. There are quite a few terms out there that could be used for that sort of a system……

It absolutely baffles me you all want to take money and now mobility away from 18-22 year olds so you have something to do on Saturdays.

My thoughts
Transfer portal open only two weeks

I think they should allow transfers without penalty after two years ((true sophomore year(RS freshman)), if they transfer before then they must not be eligible to play for a year.

Cap NIL money per athlete per year, If they accept NIL money, they must report it. if they transfer, they are not eligible for NIL for one year. If it’s a grad transfer- no NIL penalty.

NIL recipients must attend a 4 hour course about financial responsibility and the taxes required with accepting NIL.

Expand play eligibility to 5 years permanently, 6 years with redshirt. Expand scholarships from 85 to 100

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT