ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoy the moment

This 73 year old went to many games during Nagel, FXL,Lauterber etc. long losing streaks etc. We have had it good under HF and KF, better enjoy it while we can. It could change in a hurry. Go Hawks!
You left out the great Bob Cummings Era. Hayden arrived my freshman year at Iowa and the 20 year losing streak came to an end. I'm pretty sure I had a lot to do with it. You're all welcome 😊.

Reactions: fezzador and BBHawk
Agree, so many people act like we lost after a 30-7 victory. Look at the state to the East and look at the state to the West and understand it could be much, much worse. This could be a special season, but if it’s not, we will still have a solid record and go to a nice bowl game.

Reactions: oldxbbc
This 73 year old went to many games during Nagel, FXL,Lauterber etc. long losing streaks etc. We have had it good under HF and KF, better enjoy it while we can. It could change in a hurry. Go Hawks!
Listen here old man, don’t you drop in here with your rational ideas and try spill your logic on these threads! Take your reason and accountability elsewhere. Somewhere that people don’t want to be miserable all day. Stay off the bellyachers lawns! 😉

I'm not as quite the other old guy but I certainly remember those days all too well and he's dead on. Let's quit knit picking all of the time and enjoy the run. There are quite a few of us that didn't think we'd be 3 and 0 at this point. The 60s and 70s were brutal prior to Hayden

You left out the great Bob Cummings Era. Hayden arrived my freshman year at Iowa and the 20 year losing streak came to an end. I'm pretty sure I had a lot to do with it. You're all welcome 😊.
*non winning seasons… trivial adjustment.

Sound wisdom. I also attended those same games in the mid-60s to mid-70s This is why I so appreciate what Hayden Fry built and Kirk Ferentz has kept going. If the complainers we have now would have been around back then, the suicide rate in eastern Iowa would have increased substantially.

I couldn’t agree more! I get there is some frustrating stuff right now but folks who aren’t enjoying this 6 year run just blow my mind. I’m having a blast and enjoying every minute!
I'm having so much fun brother. I live in No Cal and belong to an I Club. I watch games with my Hawkeye brothers and sisters. The best is yet to come.

Reactions: SotaHawk87
You are so right OP. Over my 1st 3 years of college, we were 1-10, 0-11, & 3-7-1 (the tie was with MSU & their legendary coach, Duffy Daugherty - who resigned over the “disgrace” of tying lowly Iowa). I sat in the stands during a driving rainstorm watching a 50-0 home drubbing to Illinois in the ‘70’s. I was in the stands at last week at ISU & yesterday with Kent State - believe me, there is no comparison. Enjoy it. We’ve got it pretty good. Go Hawks!

Well I'm 81 and my mind is full of the years of frustration after the fifties. HF was a breath of fresh air and KF has kept us more than steady. Please God don't let some crazy AD come in and upset the cart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT