ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoyed Brians Calls Yesterday.

Hawk94Mn

HB MVP
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2017
He is definitely to blame for a lot of the struggles this year but I truly believe this year has been a product of a RB that broke two or three tackles all year, went down on first contact all the time and never took the hard 4 or 5. Plus, probably the worst QB since Jake C. He can’t move and is inaccurate, most D3 QBs I played with would routinely make the throws he missed today. If you’re going to be statue, at least be accurate.

Now, is Brian to blame for not finding a better QB and RB for his system yes. But from a pure schematic standpoint we saw what a run game can do for this offense. Multiple play action plays with wide open players and a run game that can keep you on schedule and make players think twice when the Qb looks like he is about to hand it off.

He has been handcuffed much of the year by having a QB he can’t trust and constantly being in second/third in long. Michigan looked horrible on offense when confronted with the same scenarios. You can’t surprise anyone with a fake or keep them off balance when it’s 3rd and 8 and above. It’s going to have to be a safe play and most of the season the OT’s couldn’t even touch their guy. But that’s also a product of not being able to stick with the run game and wear those guys down.

Give the ball to Labas, and run with two legit big ten backs next year and let’s see how it looks. We have playmakers outside with Keagan and Bruce and two good TE’s. I truly think he can get there. Hell we had a boarder line great offense in 2020 with Petras, the run game was just super dominant with Alaric, Banwart and Kallenberger.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News