ADVERTISEMENT

Eno Benjamin-will he be playing in the senior bowl?

H4wkfan4life

HR Legend
Jan 1, 2016
If so, has any other player sat out their bowl game but played in a different game afterwards?

He is a junior.

Edit: He did miss his bowl game. He will play in the Senior Bowl, because he graduated early.

He is a junior.

Edit: He did miss his bowl game. He will play in the Senior Bowl, because he graduated early.
Yes, graduate bowl would be more accurate I guess.

I find the whole thing really weird. Playing in a bowl game is too risky but the senior bowl isn't? I also thought of the senior bowl as one last chance for fringe draft picks to make their case. If you're declaring after year 3, you shouldn't have much to prove besides the combine.

I find the whole thing really weird. Playing in a bowl game is too risky but the senior bowl isn't? I also thought of the senior bowl as one last chance for fringe draft picks to make their case. If you're declaring after year 3, you shouldn't have much to prove besides the combine.
More NFL coaches/scouts at the Senior Bowl than at the Sun Bowl.

Reactions: natewantofbees
The kid graduated in three years (actually 2.5 years) while playing Power 5 football. Its his life—that he didn’t want to play for a meaningless Sun Bowl trophy but wants to get impress NFL scouts/coaches should hardly be held against him.
Weird he didn’t want to play in the Sun Bowl with all that free gear....Nevermind. ;)

I find the whole thing really weird. ... I also thought of the senior bowl as one last chance for fringe draft picks to make their case.

He's not exactly fringe, but he probably won't get drafted until the 5th or 6th round at best. He's smallish so he's likely to be used as a third down back in the NFL. He picked a bad year to declare early. There are a lot of really good RBs in this draft class. It is weird that he chose to sit out the bowl game and then chooses the senior bowl. He should have played both games unless he somehow thought he wouldn't look good in the bowl game (???).

He's not exactly fringe, but he probably won't get drafted until the 5th or 6th round at best. He's smallish so he's likely to be used as a third down back in the NFL. He picked a bad year to declare early. There are a lot of really good RBs in this draft class. It is weird that he chose to sit out the bowl game and then chooses the senior bowl. He should have played both games unless he somehow thought he wouldn't look good in the bowl game (???).
I’ll bet he goes day 2.

One of the biggest blunders of the decade muffing his recruitment and subsequently losing a couple other guys he would have brought with him.
Eno would have been nice but Everson wasn’t at Arkansas long so he probably wouldn’t have lasted in Iowa City. Who else did he not bring?

One of the biggest blunders of the decade muffing his recruitment and subsequently losing a couple other guys he would have brought with him.
I don't know, maybe. Eno is a good back, not sure if he's that big of an upgrade. Our biggest problem in the run game besides scheme has been either having tackles who weren't ready or guards the last couple of years with youth and injury issues. Hopefully we are moving past that now. Don't really think any of those other guys are any huge loss to the program. I'd rather look at it like this. Loosing the two coaches mixed up in that mess, brought Iowa some solid fresh blood in the staff. Recruiting is on an uptick, and I'd say things have moved in the right direction since. Besides its all water under the bridge at this point......

Chevin Calloway, Beau Corrales, and Gavin Holmes off the top of my head. Don't remember an Everson....who was he?
My bad. Calloway is who I meant. Everson was the one that got booted with saterfield on the sexual assault charges. Have you heard anything about Beau or Holmes? I sure haven’t.

I don't know, maybe. Eno is a good back, not sure if he's that big of an upgrade. Our biggest problem in the run game besides scheme has been either having tackles who weren't ready or guards the last couple of years with youth and injury issues. Hopefully we are moving past that now. Don't really think any of those other guys are any huge loss to the program. I'd rather look at it like this. Loosing the two coaches mixed up in that mess, brought Iowa some solid fresh blood in the staff. Recruiting is on an uptick, and I'd say things have moved in the right direction since. Besides its all water under the bridge at this point......
Have you heard of any of those 3 doing anything? I think Eno definitely could have helped this team.
As you said, all of that ended up being a great thing. The program has moved forward alot since then. The new coaches have really improved the program and that whole mess appears to have been a good thing.

My bad. Calloway is who I meant. Everson was the one that got booted with saterfield on the sexual assault charges. Have you heard anything about Beau or Holmes? I sure haven’t.

Yeah, Corrales had a nice year at UNC and flashed a little when I watched them play. Had 40 catches for about 600 yards and 6 TDs on the year. Given our current WR room we obviously don't need him, but wouldn't be bad to have. Decent little player.

I am so happy he is done with college so we can put this fiasco behind us. Side note if we would have had Eno I wonder how the T Good recruitment would have worked out. I realize Eno is a few years ahead of him. I would take T good any day of the week over Eno.

Reactions: thrillpac
Eno ran for 2725 yards and 26 touchdowns the last two years. Averaged 4.9 ypc. Added four more TD receiving. If you wouldn’t take that, you’re insane.
And we have NO way of telling if he would have done that at Iowa against some of the best defenses in the country, not the swill in the Pacman 12. I'm just sayin this horse has been beat to death already anyway.....

Good back no doubt but like others said tough to tell how he would have fared against teams that are disciplined and tackle.

No way to tell if he would have done that at Iowa. He did play in the PAC 12.

And we have NO way of telling if he would have done that at Iowa against some of the best defenses in the country, not the swill in the Pacman 12. I'm just sayin this horse has been beat to death already anyway.....

Christian McCaffrey just scored on us again.

Reactions: natewantofbees
I’ll bet he goes day 2.

He could. I'd be surprised if he does, but he could. It depends on how teams draft RBs this year. It's a deep class, but there's also been a lot of attrition at RB in the NFL this year, a lot of key guys getting hurt on teams--Seattle, SF, and a lot of others will certainly be looking for RBs. Injuries happen at RB so often now that teams practically need to carry four on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT