ADVERTISEMENT

**** EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga 2021-22 Thread ****

Pulisic becomes the first American to have his own branded cleats with a major apparel company. Second largest Puma deal behind Neymar. The new Puma Pulisic Ultras 1.3 will debut this Wednesday in the UEFA SuperCup vs Villareal...

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Pulisic on for Chelsea in the UEFA super cup. Comes in to replace Ziyech who injured his shoulder (dislocation??) but no one can really tell how.

As a USMNT fan this does thin out the depth chart at Pulisic's position on Tuchel's squad but as a Chelsea fan this sucks because Ziyech was having a great pre-season and had just scored 10 minutes prior to his injury.

Mexico loses to us in the Nations League Final then loses to our B/C team in the Gold Cup Final... still ahead of us.

I think FIFA rankings are done ELO style so it doesn't put too much stock into a couple games. Mexico made it to the final both times so that actually made their rating stronger while they had some previous games and wins that sort of backs up their score.

Oh FFS!

https://theathletic.com/news/aubameyang-lacazette-arsenal-brentford/usW8R9ojYgKi

Aubameyang and Lacazette will miss Arsenal's trip to Brentford​

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette will miss Arsenal's opening game of the Premier League season tonight.

The Athletic understands both forwards are not available for Friday's game against Brentford as they are unwell. Aubameyang played in all six of Arsenal's pre-season games, while Lacazette's absence is a further blow.

200.gif

Ok I thought this was weird and I was wondering what you thought. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this.

This photograph was taken at the UEFA supercup final. The thing that I noticed about this photograph that I thought was odd is that all 5 players that Pulisic is standing with there are English. The reason that is odd to me is because only a few Chelsea players are English. In the matchday squad only 7 of his 22 teammates were English

Because I can't let go of stuff like this that easily (possibly due to undiagnosed autism) I went and calculated it out that the likelyhood of Pulisic standing with and taking a photograph with 5 randomly selected teammates who are all English is about .08%. This doesn't seem like a coincidence.

Ok I thought this was weird and I was wondering what you thought. Maybe I'm just reading too much into this.

This photograph was taken at the UEFA supercup final. The thing that I noticed about this photograph that I thought was odd is that all 5 players that Pulisic is standing with there are English. The reason that is odd to me is because only a few Chelsea players are English. In the matchday squad only 7 of his 22 teammates were English

Because I can't let go of stuff like this that easily (possibly due to undiagnosed autism) I went and calculated it out that the likelyhood of Pulisic standing with and taking a photograph with 5 randomly selected teammates who are all English is about .08%. This doesn't seem like a coincidence.
I was watching after the game and they showed him taking photos with his parents and others on the team. I think this image of the English guys is probably just one of many he took, but also maybe guys he hangs with the most???

I was watching after the game and they showed him taking photos with his parents and others on the team. I think this image of the English guys is probably just one of many he took, but also maybe guys he hangs with the most???

That was my thought but one of those players just played his first game for Chelsea after having been on loan for 3 years.

I could see him hanging out with Reece James, Chillwell, Mount, and Abraham more because of shared language and culture. But the other guy, I can't spell his name. This was his first Chelsea appearance ever.

That was my thought but one of those players just played his first game for Chelsea after having been on loan for 3 years.

I could see him hanging out with Reece James, Chillwell, Mount, and Abraham more because of shared language and culture. But the other guy, I can't spell his name. This was his first Chelsea appearance ever.
But, those guys likely know James, Mount, etc... so they were together? What is you guess if not random?

Chelsea dominated that game start to finish playing like the Champions of Europe that they are.

More impressive was Trevoh Chalobah making his first PL appearance and 2nd overall appearance for the club after the super cup match. Defended well and hit an absolute screamer from outside the box into the top left corner of the goal. . . Young guy out of Chelsea's academy just finished up 3 years on loan. . . Cried after he scored.

I only saw a little of Sargent, but from what I saw he looked OK, and that was against good competition.

Did you guys see Haaland’s day for Dortmund?

I believe it was 3 assists and 2 goals.

Absurd!

Christian Pulisic, who is fully vaccinated, tests positive for COVID-19 and will miss this weekend match against Aresenal.

I’m not one bit surprised after the Gold Cup. Probably goes on loan if it happens…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT